House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bossybabe

Vegemite To Be Banned In Some Areas Of Australia!

How fabulously PC of the BBC to manage not to use the word "aborigine".

What about grapes? I need to visit vineyards when I go next year.

forget it, visiting vinyards is a "precursor to misery" as the article quite rightly gets to grips with.

I don't see why the "Black Fellers" shouldn't make a tub of ale. I bloody well do. :blink: . You can make booze out of other things too, but I shouldn't tell the Australian Government, because they are even more of PC twonks than any EU country.

It's very far from PC. They've betrayed an underlying inherent racism in not immediately launching a vigourous campaign against the Vegimite apartheid.

I for one will be boycotting Fosters lager and shit daytime TV soaps if this goes ahead :)

It's very far from PC. They've betrayed an underlying inherent racism in not immediately launching a vigourous campaign against the Vegimite apartheid.

I for one will be boycotting Fosters lager and shit daytime TV soaps if this goes ahead :)

I'm far from PC too, but I've heard some very "unusual" comments from some well a bit "red neck" Australians, who made some rather derisory comments about their browner neighbours. It must be like Sart Efrika in 1963. Basically the indigenous population have been treated like shit, during my lifetime. :blink: I'm sure we have seen it in documentaries and films.

You could not make it up.

This is similar to the case last year where a woman was refused fruit as an age-restricted product at Tesco.

She complained but rather than do a dull apology letter a Tesco employee tried to lighten the mood by doing a joke letter saying they had to be careful as people could make alcohol out of fruit.

She was outraged and it made the press at face value. With only a tiny footnote pointing out that it was a joke.

The desperate will always find other way to make booze.

I've been in some remote fly-in-fly-out construction camps that are "dry" where some enterprising individuals managed to make alcohol from tomato ketchup.

Some of the best and occasionally dangerous moonshine is made in strict muslim countries

The desperate will always find other way to make booze.

I've been in some remote fly-in-fly-out construction camps that are "dry" where some enterprising individuals managed to make alcohol from tomato ketchup.

Some of the best and occasionally dangerous moonshine is made in strict muslim countries

I have seen this. It tastes like sh1t though. :blink:

Tastes like piss actually.

I'll try your brew then, sounds better.

I boycotted fosters years ago - and it was nowt to do with Vegemite !!

The problems of alchohol in some aboriginal communities are terrible - child killings, rapes, etc etc. The dry areas were an attempt to get the communities on track.

As with so many 'race' issues the problem is made worse by the mass of right on SJWs who think that it is evil to try to protect the innocent as it is discrimination.

Also - do your own research on the 'lost generations' to see what a lie and spin exercises that was to try to make ****** look bad..

The problems of alchohol in some aboriginal communities are terrible - child killings, rapes, etc etc. The dry areas were an attempt to get the communities on track.

As with so many 'race' issues the problem is made worse by the mass of right on SJWs who think that it is evil to try to protect the innocent as it is discrimination.

Also - do your own research on the 'lost generations' to see what a lie and spin exercises that was to try to make ****** look bad..

It is pretty much a mirror image of life on some Native American reservations

I remember reading there is a specific gene in a particular indigenous people that makes them go mental on alcohol. Can't remember who. Off to Google

Edited to add

I may be talking nonsense

I remember reading there is a specific gene in a particular indigenous people that makes them go mental on alcohol. Can't remember who. Off to Google

Glaswegians.

I'm don't know how to protest. I already avoid Fosters and don't watch shit daytime TV.

I believe the company colloquial term is "bong". ?

Edit to say: it may be "boong".