House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidg

Dodgy Fleabay Account

I was looking to buy an SJ4000 action cam and came across this account:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dijon454?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

The guy has been on ebay for ages and lives in France but has shown little activity then suddenly has a load of electrical gear to sell. He has 52 positive evaluations but has sold 69 action cams over the last 3 days. It seems like a hacked account to me, what do you think?

This was on hotukdeals about 3 months ago for £35 from a UK dealer and fulfilled by Amazon.

I would go on hotukdeals and post a question asking where the cheapest place to buy it is.

£44 on Amazon UK here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SJCAM-Multi-function-SJ4000-Waterproof-wide-angle/dp/B00MO78F0O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1439063124&sr=1-1&keywords=SJ4000

And they have a few other options.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=SJ4000

Personally I would pay a bit more to have it from Amazon than from some seller on ebay.

Oh no! Another gadget I don't have, I want one.

He has sold lots of this sort of stuff in the past couple of days.

I notice that all his feedback comments as a seller are in French but he's offering free postage to the U.K. It doesn't look like the sort of stuff he normally sells.

Looks dodgy to me. I would wait a week and see what his feedback looks like. Possibly a hijacked account.

He has sold lots of this sort of stuff in the past couple of days.

I notice that all his feedback comments as a seller are in French but he's offering free postage to the U.K. It doesn't look like the sort of stuff he normally sells.

Looks dodgy to me. I would wait a week and see what his feedback looks like. Possibly a hijacked account.

Yeah that's what I thought, far too good to be true with the postage. If I'm not mistaken if you pay by Paypal you are protected. Just a note, you get similar protection to ebay as you do with Amazon third party sellers.

BTW I'm not planning on buying this, just wondering at the logistics of all of this. The comments are all but one over a year old, like the account was orphaned then pirated. It is the kind of things ebay could flag up for itself.

I have that camera I use it for filming my mountain bike exploits. The picture quality is excellent I would definitely recommend one. I think Mrs Miyagi paid around £60 last December.

I have that camera I use it for filming my mountain bike exploits. The picture quality is excellent I would definitely recommend one. I think Mrs Miyagi paid around £60 last December.

Seems a heck of a lot cheaper than a go pro.

Where do you stick it - on your bike or on your helmet?

On the top of my full face helmet, I only use it for the more extreme downhill stuff :ph34r: I do. It would be fair to say I've filmed a few crashes :D

I wanted

I want one because I nacked a GoPro and they are a bit expensive to break at 200 quid a pop.

I wanted

I want one because I nacked a GoPro and they are a bit expensive to break at 200 quid a pop.

I haven't smashed mine yet, but you're right a lot cheaper at £50 and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I smashed it unlike a £200 GoPro

I have been considering buying a Contour camera to stick on the side of my cycling helmet so that I can record video/audio of my bike rides as, about once a year, I get some violent thug in a car threatening me. It has happened a few times in the past 2 - 3 years - one guy repeatedly threatened to kill me - so I think it is about time to have something to be able to show the Police or stick up on YouTube.

Anyone know whether the Contour will be good for this or not?

Guest eight

I have been considering buying a Contour camera to stick on the side of my cycling helmet so that I can record video/audio of my bike rides as, about once a year, I get some violent thug in a car threatening me. It has happened a few times in the past 2 - 3 years - one guy repeatedly threatened to kill me - so I think it is about time to have something to be able to show the Police or stick up on YouTube.

Anyone know whether the Contour will be good for this or not?

You need a personal drone that can fly away with the evidence, in the event of your murder.

There are so many answers to that question, I am surprised Mr Scunnered has not made a comment! :blink:

I have a contour - few years old mind - battery life terrible - dont even use it anymore. Newer ones may of course be better.

On the top of my full face helmet, I only use it for the more extreme downhill stuff :ph34r: I do. It would be fair to say I've filmed a few crashes :D

Michael Schumacher would probably want to give you some useful advice about this - if he could speak.

I have a contour - few years old mind - battery life terrible - dont even use it anymore. Newer ones may of course be better.

They don't seem to update their range much IMPO. Thanks for that info.