House Price Crash Forum

Definition Of Kids

MrPin

HOLA441
HOLA442

It's all wrong. Now that I have a bit of "gardening leave" I am signing on. All I am getting back is a bit of tax that I paid over the years. I have to log in on a web site. Now I'm lucky, as I have a payoff that will last until Christmas, if I don't blow it on stupid vehicles, but the web site DOES NOT WORK. And when I pop in on Wednesday I want to know who to complain to. Some people need that money now, and may not have internet access. What the ****** if I were younger, and had no money.

You need to use IE.

HOLA443

You need to use IE.

Do you think I have not tried that? It still does not work. :mellow:

Any "web programmer" of any talent whatever, tries it with all known browsers. Otherwise I would not employ them.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

It's all wrong. Now that I have a bit of "gardening leave" I am signing on. All I am getting back is a bit of tax that I paid over the years. I have to log in on a web site. Now I'm lucky, as I have a payoff that will last until Christmas, if I don't blow it on stupid vehicles, but the web site DOES NOT WORK. And when I pop in on Wednesday I want to know who to complain to. Some people need that money now, and may not have internet access. What the ****** if I were younger, and had no money.

Hence the need for food banks.

There are the working poor who struggle to pay extortionate rents and still eat.

Then like you there are the benefits claimants who may have to wait up to six weeks before they see any money because the benefits computer system is not fit for purpose.

As you say if you can restrain yourself from adding to your V8 collection then fortunately cash is not an issue.

HOLA447

Do you think I have not tried that? It still does not work. :mellow:

Any "web programmer" of any talent whatever, tries it with all known browsers. Otherwise I would not employ them.

Well I don't know many people who'd admit to using IE.

I think all the gov gateway sites are funny about non-IE browsers.

HOLA448

Well I don't know many people who'd admit to using IE.

I think all the gov gateway sites are funny about non-IE browsers.

Every office I've worked in has used it.

I've asked IT guys about it and the reason is that most programmes are set up primarily to work with IE. I don't know anybody who uses it from choice.

HOLA449

Every office I've worked in has used it.

I've asked IT guys about it and the reason is that most programmes are set up primarily to work with IE. I don't know anybody who uses it from choice.

Ah I think it was windows 3.1 network thingy last time I worked in someone else's office.

HOLA4410

To me a kid is a baby goat. Hate it when people refer to children as kids.

It's always been thus, I was always referred to as a kid up to about the age of 21 by older people. It mattered not that I had started work at 15 and bought my first house at 21.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Reminded me of a daily mail article referring to a 38 year old women as a 'young mother'

Any less young and she'd likely have trouble becoming a mother...

Possibly a mistake, perhaps meaning 'new mother'?

But there does seem to be a strange idea common nowadays that chances of conception remain the same right up until the menopause!

HOLA4413

I don't know what age you can join the army. I believe Norman Wisdom signed up at 14, but as a non combatant musician. That's an interesting thought. I bet you grow up quick in the army. :blink: Probably a better career than taking handouts for crack.

You can join the army (regular and territorials) at 16 I think, but you can't engage until 18.

HOLA4414

You can join the army (regular and territorials) at 16 I think, but you can't engage until 18.

I think you have to be from the North to do that, otherwise you become a trainee accountant. :unsure:

Archived