House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNACR

Cargo Pants

Need some good quality smartish looking Cargo Pants. Bought some Dickies ones from Mole Valley Farmers and ended up looking like a tradesman/lorry driver. Bought some CragHoppers and ended up looking like a retiree who enjoys walks in the country. Bought some online and looked like a refugee from a skateboarding park. Bought another lot online and looked like I spend my weekends in the TA.

I have seen quite a few other men wearing decent looking ones but staring at their ar5es, trying to establish the make, has become too high risk. I have also already tried buying the most expensive in John Lewis but, they don't sell them.

Need some good quality smartish looking Cargo Pants. Bought some Dickies ones from Mole Valley Farmers and ended up looking like a tradesman/lorry driver. Bought some CragHoppers and ended up looking like a retiree who enjoys walks in the country. Bought some online and looked like a refugee from a skateboarding park. Bought another lot online and looked like I spend my weekends in the TA.

I have seen quite a few other men wearing decent looking ones but staring at their ar5es, trying to establish the make, has become too high risk. I have also already tried buying the most expensive in John Lewis but, they don't sell them.

What do you want to look like?

Arcteryx make expensive (very) outdoor gear, and they have an urban line called 24 that might have something suitable. I have only ever bought used bits from eBay but they generally look good and are very well made. Would question whether they are value at RRP, but it comes down to how deep your pockets are (and whether you are willing to reach into them).

http://arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?language=EN&Collection=24

Most of the Craghoppers trousers do look old but the really trendy ones are:

Craghoppers Men's Kiwi Pro Stretch Active Trousers

You just have to bear in mind that they come up quite tight/small in fitting so the general advice is to order at least one size above your normal size and, every few months, they are heavily discounted on either Amazon, Debenhams or the Craghoppers site. When they are discounted they sell out within an hour or so.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Craghoppers-Stretch-Active-Trousers-Regular-34/dp/B009NOZCD4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1438814830&sr=8-2&keywords=craghoppers+trousers

Guest eight

Yes. Relatively expensive, but they last a long time.

In my experience no clothes last a long time. No matter how well respected the brand, or how much they cost, they all fail in the same places in about the same timescale.

In my experience no clothes last a long time. No matter how well respected the brand, or how much they cost, they all fail in the same places in about the same timescale.

I agree with the equivalence of clothes but find that they all last a long time.

The only ones I do regularly wear out are work shirts in 2 to 3 years or 100 to 150 days' wear. It takes many years before casual shirts get that many wears.

Had to get the OP translated. Cargo pants? WTF? When did this happen?

What did they used to be called? Combat trousers I think ? :wacko:^_^

Arcteryx make expensive (very) outdoor gear, and they have an urban line called 24 that might have something suitable. I have only ever bought used bits from eBay but they generally look good and are very well made. Would question whether they are value at RRP, but it comes down to how deep your pockets are (and whether you are willing to reach into them).

http://arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?language=EN&Collection=24

Have had a quick look, on ebay, and disappointingly no-one has shoplifted any in my size.

Guest eight

Have had a quick look, on ebay, and disappointingly no-one has shoplifted any in my size.

We should do a poll of sizes. I am/would be 32" waist but they never fit over my thighs, so I always have to buy 34". I own a lot of webbing belts.

I have no idea who fits the 26" waist jeans that Primark always seems to have an excess of.

For over-priced tactical trousers, Heinnies is tough to beat...

http://www.heinnie.com/apparel/f/cat/pants-shorts

edit: they also appear to stock Covert trousers, whatever the f**k they are

'On first glance, these trousers would appear to be a pair of normal trousers, but look more closely and the tactical features become apparent. They’re styled from heavyweight polycotton twill fabric, and the cut of the fabric hides two hip pockets and hidden side seam pockets, ideally sized for your every day carry needs.'

Personally, I have a few Kiwi line Craghopper shirts and trousers though, for age-concern reasons alluded to in the OP, I don't think I've ever brought myself to wearing the trousers and shirts at the same time, except when there aren't many other people about.

For over-priced tactical trousers, Heinnies is tough to beat...

Tactical trousers indeed! :blink: What should a man with less tact, like myself wear? :o

I quite like them. They are very comfortable, but don't go with my beige cardigans.

What about Fat Face?

They're what I'm replacing having ripped the ar5e out of them and destroyed the pockets by overfilling. They aren't strong enough and fray quite easily - which I think could be part of their mid forties, privately educated surfer settled down with kids brand image.

Thinking of trying Carhartt - particularly as 'possibly gay male model grappling with some fencing pliers, for the first time in his life' is pretty close to the style I'm looking to rock.

carhartt_vendorhome.jpg

Gay fence pliers are the way to go. Hang them from your belt. :huh::P

Follow them to the gym, and surreptisciously try their trousers on while they're showering.

Guest eight

Thinking of trying Carhartt - particularly as 'possibly gay male model grappling with some fencing pliers, for the first time in his life' is pretty close to the style I'm looking to rock.

carhartt_vendorhome.jpg

Even the horse had the decency to look the other way.