House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Recently spun out of BHP. Potential takeover target for Glencore or Xstrata?

Just bought 2750 shares at 79.5p each.

Interesting. I was given some because I have BHP shares. Doubt it will make up for the fall in the BHP price! :(

Two questions that spring to mind are why BHP let them go and how much further / longer commodities will fall.

This doesn't inspire confidence:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/mining-and-resources/industrial-trouble-brews-for-south32-at-illawarra-coal-20150804-gir9t0.html

The counter argument is that the share price is already discounted to take account of the commodity price bloodbath. At current prices South32 can maintain a Dividend at 4.5% with 2.5x cover.

Interesting. I was given some because I have BHP shares. Doubt it will make up for the fall in the BHP price! :(

Bad luck. Same here. South 32 are presently near their original starting price so I may sell with no / negligible loss. BHP sucks at the moment, might put somewhere else to try for recovery.

On 16/07/2016 at 7:49 PM, Arpeggio said:

Bad luck. Same here. South 32 are presently near their original starting price so I may sell with no / negligible loss. BHP sucks at the moment, might put somewhere else to try for recovery.

Currently trading at 1.67.

Doubled my money in 18 months ;-P

4 hours ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Currently trading at 1.67.

Doubled my money in 18 months ;-P

Very Good. I just looked it's gone high. What was your info / reasons for investing when you got in? I wasn't into it at the time and just waiting to get out break even. Serves me right for listening to Citi at the time I got BHP shares.

Edited by Arpeggio

2 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Very Good. I just looked it's gone high. What was your info / reasons for investing when you got in? I wasn't into it at the time and just waiting to get out break even. Serves me right for listening to Citi at the time I got BHP shares.

No debt. Had a very clean balance sheet unlike most Miners. Thats a good position to be in in stormy weather.