House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pipllman

To Property118 Members Reading This Board

A few of you over there are working hard to garner support for 'the petition'

As much as it might pain some regular posters here to say this:

I acknowledge that work and respect the creativity and diligence that is going into the campaign to spread the word about it

I completely agree.

Their tactics are highly distateful, their arguments appalling and their ethics non existent.

But i tip my hat at them getting off their **** to fight, even if their perceived 'injustice is nothing other than failure to judge an inevitable market risk of participating in a market that had (and now has) an inevitability of coming onto the political radar.

Edited by Frugal Git

I acknowledge that work and respect the creativity and diligence that is going into the campaign to spread the word about it

That's like admiring Isis for their swordsmanship.

Thwack. Oh jolly good show.

Edited by BuyToLeech

What is s/he on?

Presumably some of the word going out is reaching landlords who weren't aware of the budget changes?

Which some posters here should be grateful for...

If you think that the changes proposed in the budget will lead towards HPC as a result of BTLers selling up, then it is better that every BTLer hears P118's side of the story as soon as possible: that it will massively reduce profits; that it will result in a large tax bill where previously there was none; where a tax bill can arise even from a portfolio that is cashflow negative

The sooner they all know, the sooner they will start to consider their options - one of which is to decide to be one of the first to sell up ASAP!

I would argue that nothing bad can come out of any campaign that gets the 'horror story' interpretation of the budget changes into the minds of as many highly leveraged BTLers as soon as possible, if not sooner.

Edited by pipllman

I would argue that nothing bad can come out of any campaign that gets the 'horror story' interpretation of the budget changes into the minds of as many highly leveraged BTLers as soon as possible, if not sooner.

Ahhh, now I see (I think). Otherwise, I agree with this :-

That's like admiring Isis for their swordsmanship.

The sooner they all know, the sooner they will start to consider their options - one of which is to decide to be one of the first to sell up ASAP!

+1

Most of them are not on top of financial events (if they were would they be in BTL in the first place?) so it's a good thing to see visible panic from the online element.

+1

Most of them are not on top of financial events (if they were would they be in BTL in the first place?) so it's a good thing to see visible panic from the online element.

I am happy for them to just continue to let their properties.

Those that survive financially (mentally!) will just be paying my taxes on an ongoing basis.

Nice to know that some social good will come from this hyper leveraged idiocy.

Leveraged landlording is just paying your tenants taxes.

And if I get any more trouble from you lot, I will just put down my rent! That's how it works see. None of this supply and demand nonsense.

Edited by growlers

Except success...

Presumably some of the word going out is reaching landlords who weren't aware of the budget changes?

Indeed, the petition might actually hasten the rush to sell off BTLs.

Tenants putting the rent down. Excellent.

That's right. Putting my rent down! Funny right!?

More that it is funny to suggest something so idiotic, than funny.

I mean...what a crazy concept!

To tell your untalented, looser, scum-bag, piece of shit Landlooser that rents are going down.

I actually get why Pipplman created this thread. It is surprising to see these cockroaches in action. They plow on - protect their slave paradise.

First set back and pure rage / determination. I'm relatively new (1 year) but I've lived this renter hell shit for 10 years in London and these scumbags get one knock back and the anger they display! 'How dare they expect humane / affordable living conditions'.

Oblivious to the harm they have done / continue to do. Beyond the person and family (most important) but to the economy / social fabric too.

Edited by growlers

The 'Tories Tenant Levy @32%' is the latest angle proposed to encourage tenants and others to sign the petition (currently on 9,603 signatures)

Basically, it goes like this: I have to put your rent up by 32% because of a new tax law

"They are Taxing private tenants, through landlords in 3 ways.

1). They are dragging all Private landlords into a Higher Tax Bracket, by bending accountancy rules. That way they can hit you with a new “Tory 32% Tenant Levy”

2) They are then forcing us to pay that 32% of the rent you pay me to the tax man, just like VAT.

3) I cant use that money for anything else, except pay tax with it.

When I raise the rents from April Next Year, that rent rise will then double each year for 4 years.

4) When interest rates rise I will have to raise the rents again, because the “Tories Tenant Tax Levy” will increase at the same time.

They have tried to call it something called “clause 42 I think”, but as usual its through the back door. They aren’t currently listening and we have a petition that people can sign on my iPad or I could send you a link on your next rent statement.

Would you be interested, in signing?"

Nope. It only affects the highly leveraged. Not even all BTLers will be effected, let alone all landlords including those who are unleveraged. They will find themselves unable to set market rents or to extract more from their tenants than they are already paying. Next! ;)

Nope. It only affects the highly leveraged. Not even all BTLers will be effected, let alone all landlords including those who are unleveraged. They will find themselves unable to set market rents or to extract more from their tenants than they are already paying. Next! ;)

These people aren't business people, they know nothing about money, tax or running a business. They are just.... just.... 'orrible monsters!

Somewhere behind a heavy old oak door, is a smoky gentleman's club off Threadneedle street, in London. It's Friday evening, and the bells of Big Ben strike six times. An elderly man in a dark suit wanders off the street, he is soaking wet from the rain, and he stumbles in to the club.

"Harry! We haven't seen you in a while, where in Great God's name have you been?!" a voice booms out from across the void.

"Ah Jolly good to be back", exclaims Harry. "I have been sorting out business" the wet dripping figure of Harry, approaches.

Out from the cigar smoke, another man in his 60's called William retorts "Business? Business!? Doesn't Retail look after itself these days? Here, let me get you a stiff drink. I don't see you at the golf club either these days."

"We've had some trouble,I've been talking to my people on the ground all over blighty. People just don't have the money anymore - something to do with the younger people having no money" said Harry.

"Take off your wet coat, and pull up a pew. You know me, my business is property, and it has done me well. It's worth a fortune these days, but my income is not too spiffing these days. I put off a new Bentley this year, these new "landlord" upstarts are eating into my cake, but I can't see a fellow man, who also lives and breathes business suffer. I'll have a word with George in the morning." said William.

Edited by 200p

The 'Tories Tenant Levy @32%' is the latest angle proposed to encourage tenants and others to sign the petition (currently on 9,603 signatures)

Basically, it goes like this: I have to put your rent up by 32% because of a new tax law

"They are Taxing private tenants, through landlords in 3 ways.

1). They are dragging all Private landlords into a Higher Tax Bracket, by bending accountancy rules. That way they can hit you with a new “Tory 32% Tenant Levy”

2) They are then forcing us to pay that 32% of the rent you pay me to the tax man, just like VAT.

3) I cant use that money for anything else, except pay tax with it.

When I raise the rents from April Next Year, that rent rise will then double each year for 4 years.

4) When interest rates rise I will have to raise the rents again, because the “Tories Tenant Tax Levy” will increase at the same time.

They have tried to call it something called “clause 42 I think”, but as usual its through the back door. They aren’t currently listening and we have a petition that people can sign on my iPad or I could send you a link on your next rent statement.

Would you be interested, in signing?"

It reads like BTL just don't understand business and it's just a leverage bet. The trouble with any "certain" profit making business is that the rules of the game might change. The real businessman understands this and moves along or adjusts.