• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest eight

I saw the episode of Ashes to Ashes the other day where Raymondo inadvertently eats a deep fried severed *****. Consequently I'm off sausages for the time being.

HOLA446

The local butchers shop has closed! :blink: Last proper one in the town AFAIK.

We have two....you can have one of ours, or maybe not the competition between them helps keep the prices in check......find the next nearest town with one good one or possibly two....some will deliver or even post sausages. ;)

HOLA447

The best sausages I've tasted are from Costco. Hands down.

We particularly like the "Italian" ones, but they may be too herby if you just want ones for BBQ hot dogs.

If you don't have a local butcher any more, that'd definitely be where I'd try.

HOLA448
HOLA449

We particularly like the "Italian" ones, but they may be too herby if you just want ones for BBQ hot dogs.

I know supermarkets do good sausages now. I just wanted special ones. Not sure if there is a Costco here.

We have Lidl, Morrisons, Tesco, and Asda.

I don't like horrible sausages like you get in bags of 24 from the freezer department. I don't think there's proper meat in them.

HOLA4410

I know supermarkets do good sausages now. I just wanted special ones. Not sure if there is a Costco here.

We have Lidl, Morrisons, Tesco, and Asda.

Some supermarkets sell the same make of sausages that Costco offer as their premium brand.

Except the are made to a cheaper recipe and are noticeably inferior (check the meat content on the packet.. it's the only way you'd know).

HOLA4411

Out town centre is getting emptier and emptier. My local bank branch closed last month. We certainly have a load of charity shops though. I guess it's hard to attract customers to the butchers when there are so many supermarkets about.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

We have two....you can have one of ours, or maybe not the competition between them helps keep the prices in check......find the next nearest town with one good one or possibly two....some will deliver or even post sausages. ;)

Not everyone welcomes unexpected backdoor deliveries of sausage.

HOLA4414

I know supermarkets do good sausages now. I just wanted special ones. Not sure if there is a Costco here. We have Lidl, Morrisons, Tesco, and Asda. I don't like horrible sausages like you get in bags of 24 from the freezer department. I don't think there's proper meat in them.

Costco in Avonmouth - fined by environmental health for vermin.

Sainsbury taste the difference sausages pretty good. I'm starting to suspect a big pose factor with Waitrose as I've had all sorts of Duchy Originals, and other stuff packaged to suggest small premium producer, with prices to match, only to find it's not as nice as Sainsbury's taste the difference.

M&S sausages are very nice but oddly only when well done in the oven, disappointing grilled or fried.

TBH lost count of the number of artisan looking fancy sausages, I've tried, and been disappointed with - especially with fruit in. Not sure if I want to risk a disappointing sausage thread.

BTW - anyone else got a beetle infestation this year?

HOLA4415

Out town centre is getting emptier and emptier. My local bank branch closed last month. We certainly have a load of charity shops though. I guess it's hard to attract customers to the butchers when there are so many supermarkets about.

At least there is still the worlds oldest cinema! Must be some brilliant butchers in Bristol?

HOLA4416

We've got costco sausages at the moment. It was less effort than going to the butchers. He only had huge sausages last time I went in and whilst I like a big sausage, the husband doesn't.

*giggles*

That sounds much ruder than I wanted it to.

HOLA4417

We've got costco sausages at the moment. It was less effort than going to the butchers. He only had huge sausages last time I went in and whilst I like a big sausage, the husband doesn't.

*giggles*

That sounds much ruder than I wanted it to.

I knew this thread would turn into a deluge of innuendo. :wacko:

I'm just pissed off because our local butcher has closed, and I wanted real sausages. :(

HOLA4418

I knew this thread would turn into a deluge of innuendo. :wacko:

I'm just pissed off because our local butcher has closed, and I wanted real sausages. :(

you could mail order your sausage

HOLA4419

Went on a sausage making course a few years back, so every now and them I make a big batch and freeze them until required.

It's not rocket surgery, in fact I usually get the lads over and we make them whilst getting progressively drunker and then throw a few on the coals.

HOLA4420

Went on a sausage making course a few years back, so every now and them I make a big batch and freeze them until required.

It's not rocket surgery, in fact I usually get the lads over and we make them whilst getting progressively drunker and then throw a few on the coals.

Amazing! HPC OT is a fount of wisdom. :blink::D

What a practical thing to learn!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Our local Aldi had caviar in at Christmas.

I've been reduced to buying aldi sausages because, y'know, houses have never been cheaper and everyone under the age of 40 doesn't know they're born so they eat wagyu and caviar every day.

HOLA4425

Archived