House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Kids Company

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3182627/Kids-Company-charity-risk-collapsing-claims-emerge-staff-handing-cash-children-drink-drugs-clothes.html

• Camila Batmanghelidjh was forced to quit as chief executive last month
  • Whistleblowers claim children were given cash to spend on what they liked
  • The government has threatened to withhold a £3million grant to the charity
  • Critics claim the charity became a 'personality cult' around its founder

One of Britain’s top charities is at risk of collapse after new details of financial chaos and unrest in the organisation emerged.

Secret plans have been drawn up to wind down Kids Company, sack most of its staff and launch a new streamlined organisation to help vulnerable children who rely on it.

According to some sources, it could even be relaunched under a new name.

This newspaper has learned of concerns about Kids Company from whistleblowers, including employees and young people. They claim that cash was given to youngsters and spent on designer clothes, holidays, drink and drugs.

The latest development in the controversy comes days after police launched an investigation into claims of sexual abuse by staff. Senior figures in the charity world believe it may be too late to save Kids Company. ‘It is a financial mess and now there are serious allegations of misconduct,’ said one. ‘It is going to be hard to raise money for it and it is difficult to see a way forward.’

I'm amazed this company has lasted so long, who's been auditing the books? I'm sure the kids and families gleefully accepted cash handouts. How has this "charity" survived for as long as it has? Surely there must of have rumours it was a complete failure?

Heh. Well, if the BBC and the Wail agree on a subject that shouldn't be controversial, either it's a genuine issue or a mindboggling disinformation campaign.

Company rather than Charity is about right. Companies make a profit, but Charities only make a "surplus" which is very tax efficient.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3182627/Kids-Company-charity-risk-collapsing-claims-emerge-staff-handing-cash-children-drink-drugs-clothes.html

I'm amazed this company has lasted so long, who's been auditing the books? I'm sure the kids and families gleefully accepted cash handouts. How has this "charity" survived for as long as it has? Surely there must of have rumours it was a complete failure?

It survived because, yet again, the SJW forces of evil would have killed career-wise anyone that spoke out. The founder was an immigrant, woman, kids were the targeted 'beneficiaries', and even better it dealt with inner cities where a high level of BME victims were involved. Oh, and Mrs B was a dyslexic so also ticks the disabled card.

Anyone that spoke out was either 'raaaaacist', 'seeexist', or weren't 'thinking of the kids'.

I would have said handing millions of pounds to an organisation headed by someone with no management experience and an inability to read might have been a bit stupid - but if I said that and I was at the Home Office, that's my career dead.

Another victory for PC!

I don't care if she's fat. ugly, or dresses in bin bags. What pees me off is that, once again, the corrupt are protected because of privilege. whether it be Osborne and Cameron getting away with it due to social rank, or Mrs B getting away with it because of the raaaacist and seeexist card, it is wrong.

Too many charities. Not enough scrutiny.

What's a charity for?

If you see what Manchester Pride does then their role is having a huge piss up that costs so much to put on that only a minuscule amount gets raised for charity.

Bogus charities abound.

I assume this was funded by Government, rather than individual donation?

What's a charity for?

If you see what Manchester Pride does then their role is having a huge piss up that costs so much to put on that only a minuscule amount gets raised for charity.

Once, many years ago, I tried to report a dodgy charity to the charity commission that was purely a piggybank for the organiser.

Nothing happened. No interest.

What's a charity for?

I agree. There needs to be a hihge hurdle // metric for being able to incorporate as a charity.

Don't get me started on 'not for profits' They band the term around like its some srot of magic 'Im good' whereas its simple - just pay out all the money to the people who work for the org FFS!

I agree. There needs to be a hihge hurdle // metric for being able to incorporate as a charity.

Don't get me started on 'not for profits' They band the term around like its some srot of magic 'Im good' whereas its simple - just pay out all the money to the people who work for the org FFS!

Public schools are charities, as indeed is the professional body I subscribe to.

I quite like "old fashioned" charities, like the Salvation Army, although I know they blow all their money on hostels and trumpets.

Public schools are charities, as indeed is the professional body I subscribe to.

I quite like "old fashioned" charities, like the Salvation Army, although I know they blow all their money on hostels and trumpets.

Are you sure the uniforms and black stockings don't come into your attraction to the SA?

Are you sure the uniforms and black stockings don't come into your attraction to the SA?

You mean he likes this SA? :o

nazi.jpg

You mean he likes this SA? :o

nazi.jpg

That would look good on me! I'm pretty sure it would piss off some annoying relatives if I joined the Sturmabteilung! ;)

The Shutzstaffel had smarter uniforms, but unfortunately didn't have a Yiddish division.

Although they had a Turkish division. I think this is discrimination.

Anyone heavily involved in charity work who's described as 'a flamboyant figure' probably equals chancer on the make or with something to hide.

I listened to a presentation by someone who used to work at Cancer Research UK. She was explaining how they got wind that their arch-enemies Macmillan cancer research we're going to do a new type of promotion so they pulled out all the stops to launch a similar campaign earlier and outdo them. The campaign cost £4.3 million and they raised £4.4 million, so not only did they stop the competition but they even made money. Result!

She seemed completely baffled that all the non-marketing people she was presenting to found the story utterly horrific.

Who could ever have thought a company run by someone like this would be a total shambles?

My recollection of pantomime is rusty. Remind me, what character is that?

I listened to a presentation by someone who used to work at Cancer Research UK. She was explaining how they got wind that their arch-enemies Macmillan cancer research we're going to do a new type of promotion so they pulled out all the stops to launch a similar campaign earlier and outdo them. The campaign cost £4.3 million and they raised £4.4 million, so not only did they stop the competition but they even made money. Result!

She seemed completely baffled that all the non-marketing people she was presenting to found the story utterly horrific.

You are getting as cynical as I am! Did they cure cancer, or provide a much needed boost to the advertising industry? :wacko: I think the CEO might have got a newer car out of it.

Some so called "charities" are no more than professional beggars! :huh:

Some so called "charities" are no more than professional beggars! :huh:

Our local residents group has very recently got charity status. Does this sentence mean they are going to start a new community centre? (They already have one, but a local building has been left empty after social services cuts. Massive place though. Can't imagine how they'd keep the funds coming in to run it.

(2) TO ESTABLISH, OR SECURE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF, A COMMUNITY CENTRE.

What's a "community centre"? If it's some sort of pub, I approve. :wacko:

What's a "community centre"? If it's some sort of pub, I approve. :wacko:

I would raise millions from the community, and then put up a tall pillar at the centre of the area, and tell them it was the community centre. And a pillar of the community.

Then run off with the money.

I would raise millions from the community, and then put up a tall pillar at the centre of the area, and tell them it was the community centre. And a pillar of the community.

Then run off with the money.

It sounds like you have worked in the "charity business"! ;)

Guilt is cash. :blink: