House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Surprise Surprise

Yes, I am VERY surprised! She's wasnt so old, (72), and always seemed to look after herself/keep slim/fit. But I think she has passed the point of enjoying her life as much?

She had such a great life, and more than enough money, but there are some things money can't buy? Coincidentally, I was listening to "Up All Night" late last night, (Radio 5 Live), and on the "Juke Box" section of the pgm they played "You're My World", sung by Cilla. Not sure if it got picked, but iher voice made the hairs on my neck stand up.

She could really sing, in her younger days, but then she somehow moved into the familiy entertainment area. (Which is when I lost interest in her.) Maybe she was a bit depressed about the way the old world of family entertainement was going? (Jimmy, Rolf .. and when her good friend Cliff was investigated too?)

Cecil, Cilla, Calais, not a good week if your name starts with a C

A surprise to me. Nobody knows when their ticket expires.

Let's hope when she meets Angels at the gates of Heaven, she won't have a rap list longer than the M5 like Mr Saville. Condolences.

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html

You don't talk to Ms Black.
Ms Black will talk to you.
Ms Black only sits in 1A
Ms Black will have some champagne now.
Ms Black talks through a personal assistant.

Vile bitch, rumour has it she was banned from BA for a while because of her attitiude to staff and excessive demands about seating.

The good news for cabin crew is she will be travelling in the hold from now on......

Has anyone seen the 3 part series with Sheridan Smith playing the role of Cilla?

Brilliant acting and singing apparently.

Yes, it was tremendous. Watched it on youtube and was of the best things I've seen from the telly for a while (together with inside no 9, again with Sheridan Smith). She's a huge talent.

She did the singing herself as well. Here's a taster.

My Mum saw Cilla on Loose Women a year ago and mentioned at the time that she sounded as though she was slightly drunk. I thought at the time that might be an indication of a mini stroke which can often cause speech to be slurred. It will be interesting to know what the autopsy reveals.

Well, it`s certainly the case that women suffer fewer strokes but are more likely to die from one.

I must say though Cilla left me cold....

I read the whole thread - Cilla was absolutely despised by cabin crew. As is Bob Geldof.

Interestingly Kylie Minogue and Natalie Imbruglia are very highly thought of.

I liked her voice. It reminds me of being a kid waiting for Sunday roast.

Being a "bit of an ar8e on planes" is a fairly minor sin, in the scheme of things.

Not like letting off machine guns in primary schools.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1767356

And more.

Now of course this is not all verified - however there are a mass of people out there continually saying she was a thoroughly nasty individual. I doubt they are all making it up just for the fun of it.

Interesting watching this on the BBC news. Being in the media - these people must know what she is like. It's just full on fawning about how great she is though.

Seems to happen whenever anyone dies. They suddenly become amazing. Especially when kids die. They are always the loveliest and most pleasant kids ever. That's highly unlikely to be true for all of them.

I can quite believe she could be difficult and off hand, snappy and blunt at times....aren't we all.....Not an easy life being a celebrity, sometimes the stress of being in the public eye and living up to what is to be expected of you 100% of the time is far from easy....maybe that is why she lived in Spain?......anyhow now is not the time to bring out the worst of a person, now is the time to remember all the good times and pleasure she had given of her life to others.

That really surprised me.

I read 5 pages of that thread expecting someone to say something nice about her..

Nobody had a single nice word to say. Wow.

She was apparently quite demanding away from the camera's...

Few things on that thread surprised me about our so called celeb's....

I can quite believe she could be difficult and off hand, snappy and blunt at times....aren't we all.....Not an easy life being a celebrity, sometimes the stress of being in the public eye and living up to what is to be expected of you 100% of the time is far from easy....maybe that is why she lived in Spain?......anyhow now is not the time to bring out the worst of a person, now is the time to remember all the good times and pleasure she had given of her life to others.

Nonsense - it takes more effort and energy to be nasty than to be civil - and I believe it takes its toll on the person

Plus she was sh!te!

The BA thing might be going from having no money to spending £5k on a plane ticket and expecting to get your money's worth from it.

She seemed happy to do selfies for people at the airport just a day before she departed from a somewhat different lounge though.

From that airline website I get the impression that lots of cabin crew expect celebs to 'entertain' them when aboard.

Imagine going on a long, stressful flight - perhaps you are knackered and/or afraid of flying - and you get cabin crew coming up to you on every flight asking for photos to be taken, autographs given, say hello to some kids, etc, etc. That would get tiring very quickly.

In that thread someone mentions Richard Dean Anderson turning down request from kids for autographs saying that it was his time - I can understand that.