House Price Crash Forum

Man's Inhumanity To Animals

Bossybabe

HOLA441
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

What bothers me about people who are cruel to animals is that it makes me ponder what I'd do if I came face to face with such people. I don't think there are any other circumstances where I'd actually contemplate, for instance, putting a foot out to make sure they fall in front of the oncoming HGV.

HOLA443

People frack people over all the time.

Only a lefty would expect the real world to conform to our ideals of nice.

Criminals break laws. Lets get over it, and prosecute the frackers.

HOLA444
HOLA445

People that are rotten to animals, are often rotten to other people.

One of my mates is a giant Yorkshire biker, so he doesn't look nice, but he always gets "chatted up" when walking the dogs, because he is actually a kind bloke.

HOLA446
HOLA447

One of my mates is a giant Yorkshire biker, so he doesn't look nice, but he always gets "chatted up" when walking the dogs, because he is actually a kind bloke.

I think you are right Mr P.....people that exploit,hurt, damage or destroy anything they see as below them, seeing them as easy meat to steal from them, or entertain themselves using them....bullies in a word.....they do it because they can....what pleasure they get from the destruction or torment of another living thing that in reality have no way of defending themselves is beyond me......sick. ;)

Edit to say I do eat meat and fish.

HOLA448

Genetically we're not so different. All life is related, there is no evidence to suggest it has occurred more than once. One solace I have is that if man became extinct, the laws of physics, mathematics and nature would mean that whatever is left will eventually evolve into something like us under similar conditions. We are in fact a system that cannot even live without the microbes in our gut, the mitochondria in our cells...these things are built into our very fabric never mind all the other animals and plants for food, atmosphere etc. Our relatives deserve our respect.

Right I'm just off to mow the lawn.

Seeing the latest results from Rosetta, I'm coming round more to the idea that the Copernican principle applies to life to.

AFAICT there is a significant step between ingredients that make up life and the simplest known organism. Why this step is unpopulated is unknown. Maybe it's because the conditions for these organisms no longer exist on earth. Maybe it's because we don't recognise these organisms (unlikely) or maybe its because life actually came here from somewhere else and the original more simple organisms don't travel well. Who knows.

HOLA449

I think you are right Mr P.....people that exploit,hurt, damage or destroy anything they see as below them, seeing them as easy meat to steal from them, or entertain themselves using them....bullies in a word.....they do it because they can....what pleasure they get from the destruction or torment of another living thing that in reality have no way of defending themselves is beyond me......sick. ;)

Edit to say I do eat meat and fish.

Oddly enough I just been to the local minimart. There was a Catweasel looking character, with a giant fluffy dog, so I got chatting with him. It's some American dog apparently, I can't remember what. But he gets them from dog rescue places, which is exactly what my friend does. Looks like a happy dog.

It's good to know there is still niceness in the World. ;)

I hate the bullying type.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

He said relatives. Not extra-terrestrial pond life.

You are not being serious, and you've changed the topic. There are plenty of us doing that. :wacko:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Dogs are good judges of humans, I found.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Oddly enough I just been to the local minimart. There was a Catweasel looking character, with a giant fluffy dog, so I got chatting with him. It's some American dog apparently, I can't remember what. But he gets them from dog rescue places, which is exactly what my friend does. Looks like a happy dog.

It's good to know there is still niceness in the World. ;)

I hate the bullying type.

I'm a nice dog rescuer,too. Why, on Wednesday I drove to Fleet and rescued a beautiful brindle greyhound. He's only three. Quote of the week from my cat-loving friend: "He's a tabby!!"

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I'm s nice dog rescuer,too. Why, on Wednesday I drove to Fleet and rescued a beautiful brindle greyhound. He's only three. Quote of the week from my cat-loving friend: "He's a tabby!!"

Greyhounds are really friendly usually, but they do need a bit of exercise to wear them out. Walkies? They know walkies. Good on you for getting a "rescue" dog!

HOLA4418

I want to be shot in the head, cut open and my flesh grilled. Served with peppercorn sauce.

I can't remember whether it's Germany or Austria, but consensual caniballism seems to be a hobby!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Just watched the Storyville documentary "Circus Elephant Rampage. So sad. It's time to treat ALL animals as we would wish to be treated.

+1.

In my view, humans, as (supposedly) the most intelligent and self-aware species, should use their intelligence to make life better for the animals with whom we share our planet. That would be true enlightenment. Sadly, we also share this planet with a large number of arseholes who enjoy abusing, taunting and hunting animals.

HOLA4422

Greyhounds are really friendly usually, but they do need a bit of exercise to wear them out. Walkies? They know walkies. Good on you for getting a "rescue" dog!

They don't need a lot of walking. 20 mins twice a day. I have two, including the new boy, who replaced the one who died suddenly last month. Heart attack at age 5. ?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Karma?

"Gunman injured after bullet ricochets from armadillo he was trying to shoot."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33748027

I don't know why anyone would shoot an armadillo! They are hard, as this Canadian found out :blink: . And they are not common, and you probably shouldn't eat them, although they are edible.

Archived