House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pipllman

Blackbushe Airplane Crash, Is It Only Me

Harrods dear boy.

There is nothing else in the world quite like it.....

As for the Bin Laden's Osama is not their only claim to fame....Builders of the huge US base at Al Kharh, south of Riyadh. Post 9/11, the US troops were armed with paint and brushes, trying to remove the name that was everywhere , on a base the size of the Isle of Wight.....

Harrods dear boy.

There is nothing else in the world quite like it.....

As for the Bin Laden's Osama is not their only claim to fame....Builders of the huge US base at Al Kharh, south of Riyadh. Post 9/11, the US troops were armed with paint and brushes, trying to remove the name that was everywhere , on a base the size of the Isle of Wight.....

???

They are super rich and well connected. Go figure.

Very little of the aircraft remaing for investigators to work out if anything was tampered with.

Reports say that there was only one pilot which is very odd indeed if true. They say 4 people died so I am thinking there was actually a pilot. Would you fly in a jet at 35,000 feet plus with only one pilot?

I hope their families weren't watching like the Red Arrows pilot who was killed at Bournemouth air show a couple of years ago.

Reports say that there was only one pilot which is very odd indeed if true. They say 4 people died so I am thinking there was actually a pilot. Would you fly in a jet at 35,000 feet plus with only one pilot?

I suspect the rules on pilot numbers depend upon the number of passengers onboard and possibly the expected flight duration.

1 pilot in an aircraft with 3 passengers doesn't seem that unusual.

A few members of the bin laden family were / are keen pilots and some have died in previous air accidents.

Thats why i said the second seat could have been filled by one of the passengers.

Please tell me that this is the reason why the M3 was shut tonight (to recover the debris).

The M25 was shut because it's knackered and needs endless road works so it's often shut at night.

Northerners may quite rightly giggle. There are simply far, far too many people living in this small bit of the world.

Please tell me that this is the reason why the M3 was shut tonight (to recover the debris).

The M25 was shut because it's knackered and needs endless road works so it's often shut at night.

Northerners may quite rightly giggle. There are simply far, far too many people living in this small bit of the world.

My thoughts exactly. I started an interim assignment in Reading at the beginning of last year. The commute from my sister's house in Southampton (right next the M27) was so horrendous (up to 3 hours to get to Reading) that I gave it up after ten days. I even tried staying in a hotel six miles from the hospital but even that took me an hour. Admittedly, it was at the time of the floods, but even so. Never again.

If my surname was 'Bin Laden' I would probably stick to using train.

If my surname was Houston I would get the baths pulled out and a shower put in.

My thoughts exactly. I started an interim assignment in Reading at the beginning of last year. The commute from my sister's house in Southampton (right next the M27) was so horrendous (up to 3 hours to get to Reading) that I gave it up after ten days. I even tried staying in a hotel six miles from the hospital but even that took me an hour. Admittedly, it was at the time of the floods, but even so. Never again.

I *could* accept a slow commute within the M25. I wouldn't do it mind.

But the time taken to get between nominally close 'easy commute distance' towns just outside of London is a joke.

My last remaining friend from my Thames valley days still live near Reading.

He' still doing the same sort of commute to 20 years - Reading-ish to Bracknell-ish.

On paper, this should be aroudn 30 minutes.

20 years ago it averaged 40 minutes with the very odd 1h.

Today, on a good day its an hour. On a bad day its multiple hours.

He's jacking it in soon and moving North.

They are super rich and well connected. Go figure.

Very little of the aircraft remaing for investigators to work out if anything was tampered with.

Probably quite simple.

Rich, powerful client. Poorer pilot.

'We cannot fly because - planes not been serviced/lights flashing danger/etc.

'Fly, or I will throw all your family out on the street.

'Bang!'

Bit like the Polish president crash.

Some upitity idiot thinks that in being rich/famous/have big boobs can somehow magic a plane to not crash, laws of gravity to be repealed etc etc.

Rant begins..

Last night I wanted to go up to see my family. It's an 85 mile trip round the M25. Takes about an hour and a half. Normally.

Just a few miles into the journey the A31 is shut so I can't get to the M3. I elected to find my own route rather than follow the diversion since the last time I did that it led me to a closed motorway junction.

M3 still has dangerously narrow lanes and 50mph limits. Has had this for as long as I can recall now. But that passes without event.

M25 is closed along the top section. Four lanes of traffic forced off at Watford. Everywhere totally gridlocked, queues for miles. The only exit from which progress could be made was the M25 one going back the other way. I'd already decided to abandon the journey.

Now the M3 is closed. Another long tailback. Running out of petrol now. I get home after four hours of driving having only got perhaps 25 miles, and having used £25 of petrol.

Rant ends..

Apparently the Bin Ladens were on holiday. That airport is only just down the road from here. A holiday in the English countryside?