House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

The Quest For Perfect Eyebrows

Was in Screwfix recently, transfixed by the the till girl's eyebrows. They were comical. Like they'd been drawn on with a really fat pen.
I am on the verge of developing 'eyebrow-tourettes' where I will be forced to shout 'for ducks sake, leave your eyebrows alone you blinking loonies' when I see these mad people.

This girl took it a bit further

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/31/student-left-emotionally-disturbed-after-her-hd-eyebrow-treatment-went-horribly-wrong-5321306/?ito=facebook

That looks nasty.

I've always fancied having one of those eyebrow studs, but the risk of losing the sight in one eye just for the sake of a cosmetic alteration puts me off somewhat.

That looks nasty.

I've always fancied having one of those eyebrow studs, but the risk of losing the sight in one eye just for the sake of a cosmetic alteration puts me off somewhat.

You can have an eyebrow stud mark. You will not lose your sight, but you may attract lightning on a stormy night.

I had a GF who did the eyebrow thing. Totally unfathomable to me. :blink:

I quite like women to have proper eyebrows, like Brooke Shields, when she was "The Creature from the Blue Lagoon". I think eyebrows make a nice face. Obviously they should not meet in the middle of go round to your ears, although I don't think Mr CCC would notice, as he will be looking elsewhere

Guest eight

My wife doesn't wear make up and barely shaves or plucks anything. I will leave the result to your imagination.

My wife doesn't wear make up and barely shaves or plucks anything. I will leave the result to your imagination.

Pictures please! ;)

The quest for perfect anything is something I can't comprehend......who are we trying to impress?.....nobody is perfect and never will be, altering your appearance surgically is fraught will complications.....why can't we accept our exterior self for what we are warts and all? is it because we want to love ourselves more? do we think others will love us more?......it is not what we look like on the outside that counts, it is who we are on the inside that matters.....are they related I wonder? ;)

The quest for perfect anything is something I can't comprehend......who are we trying to impress?.....nobody is perfect and never will be, altering your appearance surgically is fraught will complications.....why can't we accept our exterior self for what we are warts and all? is it because we want to love ourselves more? do we think others will love us more?......it is not what we look like on the outside that counts, it is who we are on the inside that matters.....are they related I wonder? ;)

Are you ugly.

Is this a "British" thing? I used to travel a lot into Germany, Spain, and France, and I was always impressed by the prettiness of the ladies. I think this was because they looked very "natural" and didn't overdo it on makeup.

Some of our local girls over here seem to want to look like an inflatable sex doll, although my knowledge of those is limited! :blink:

And, for Mr Renting, can I have "Wendy" back?

Was in Screwfix recently, transfixed by the the till girl's eyebrows. They were comical. Like they'd been drawn on with a really fat pen.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/31/student-left-emotionally-disturbed-after-her-hd-eyebrow-treatment-went-horribly-wrong-5321306/?ito=facebook

it was screwfix for christs sake.....trimmed pubes and araldite is all that's's required.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Yes, then! ;)

That looks nasty.

I had one, but being a Welder the headband of my welding screen kept pressing down on it, the wound never healed so i had to remove it.

Same for a hardhat or any other headgear like a cycle helmet etc

I had one, but being a Welder the headband of my welding screen kept pressing down on it, the wound never healed so i had to remove it.

Same for a hardhat or any other headgear like a cycle helmet etc

Blessed are the welders, for they stick metal together. And that is very handy for building a chopper.

It is the Word of Pin!

Is this a "British" thing? I used to travel a lot into Germany, Spain, and France, and I was always impressed by the prettiness of the ladies. I think this was because they looked very "natural" and didn't overdo it on makeup.

Some of our local girls over here seem to want to look like an inflatable sex doll, although my knowledge of those is limited! :blink:

And, for Mr Renting, can I have "Wendy" back?

How I always tell the local women from the eastern european women (apart from the weight...I seem to live in obese single mother central) is the eastern euro women seem to have a natural looking light tan, the British ones a kind of tangerine hue.

Admittedly I don't really fraternize with sophisticated types.

Hopefully it will pass...a few years back young lads were randomly shaving lines out of their eyebrows, as vanilla ice demonstrates. Thankfully it seems to have passed...

vanilla-ice.jpg

Vanilla Ice - blimey, we're all "of an age"... ;)

I really like that, though. Is that wrong?

I can't do that since my eyelashes aren't really "densely packed" or thick enough for it to work.

Get LV lashes done. Really Mark. They look amazing. Loads of guys get them & brows done. https://nouveaulashes.com/professional/lvl-enhance

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

On that linked page, is the picture supposed to show before and after - as I'm not seeing any difference apart from the fact that some of the photo is monochrome.

I could have this done when I get my hair dyed - I have some little grey bits poking through the sides. Though I do seem to be faring better than my younger brother who looks like Kiefer Sutherland but with grey all over.

That together with my tube of instant tan lotion could take a fair few years off my appearance.

My hair actually used to look almost exactly like Vanilla Ice's in that picture above in my teens, though I wouldn't dare try that now, it's not what it once was.