House Price Crash Forum

Portfolio Of Flats, Cardiff

Snugglybear

Was idly Googling to see whether anyone had put a portfolio of rental properties on the market since the budget and found a bunch of 10 flats - or 9, the advert seems a little confused - in Cardiff.

Not since the budget, in fact been trying to sell for a year and a half. Price has come down a bit, too.

First listed
£920,000 on 21st Jan 2014

Asking price changes

£840,000 8.7% Reduced on: 2nd Mar 2015

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/35578061?utm_source=nest&utm_medium=feeds#GoFoSsl7GoA3oVKw.97

I've seen that on Rightmove a few times - I'm not sure their description of desirable is accurate, unless you are desperate to live above Home Bargains...

I think they'd built it whilst I was living away from Cardiff. When I moved back it struck me as a bit of an odd development.

The floors above the shops / food outlets used to be offices - one was used by an insurance broker at one time. Evidently the building's owner wasn't able to find enough tenants for offices and decided to convert the upper floors into flats.

It would be interesting to know whether it's the building's owner / developer who's selling the portfolio. At least some of the flats were sold individually after the development, and have come on the market for sale since. I'd love to know whether one landlord bought these nine, or whether they were ones that didn't sell individually and have been rented out since.