House Price Crash Forum

Does Brian Sewell Ride A Motorcycle

MrPin

HOLA441

We all like his "art programs", and he is so "dead posh", even posher than I, :blink: and I wonder whether he is a "secret biker"?

I think he would be fine on a Vincent, or a Brough! Or the Ariel Square Four, that has been mentioned previously!

If you are reading this Brian, show me your wheels! :blink:

HOLA442
HOLA443

Who's to say his accent in real life isn't that of a Geordie lorry driver? He's fooled us all with that posh voice!

Not another trucker? :o

HOLA444

We all like his "art programs", and he is so "dead posh", even posher than I, :blink: and I wonder whether he is a "secret biker"?

I think he would be fine on a Vincent, or a Brough! Or the Ariel Square Four, that has been mentioned previously!

If you are reading this Brian, show me your wheels! :blink:

I could only find articles about him and his cars (Daimlers and Mercs).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/2718722/Portrait-of-a-driver-Brian-Sewell.html

I rather like the idea he is a rat biker on the quiet

HOLA445

Isn't it a bit early in the day to share your fantasies with us Mr.P?

It's the sweaters isn't it?

I don't know enough about bikes to pick out any particular model but I'd picture Brian sitting on a classic British type with a really large single piston.

HOLA446

Isn't it a bit early in the day to share your fantasies with us Mr.P?

It's the sweaters isn't it?

I don't know enough about bikes to pick out any particular model but I'd picture Brian sitting on something with a large single piston.

A Panther 650 then, made in Yorkshire for Yorkshiremen of that inclination. Stop making me laugh.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I expect Sewell and his mate Anthony Blunt used to regularly race their bikes between the Ace Cafe and Box Hill back in the day.

I went up Box Hill so many times in my yoof! I was the one in pink jeans, on a Harley Davidson police bike. Nothing camp about that at all! :blink: I don't make cushions, or play with dolls.

HOLA449

He was a big supporter of the Rolls Royce club and I used to see him at the annual rallies. I think he owned a 25/30 from the 1930s, not surprising that he is bemoaning the fact that 1930s Rolls Royces are worth less than a relatively modern small car like an Austin Healey at the end of this article. I think he has done television programmes on Rolls and Bentley too, though I haven't seen them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2970559/Brian-Sewell-facing-death-year-lucky-alive.html

HOLA4410

I went up Box Hill so many times in my yoof! I was the one in pink jeans, on a Harley Davidson police bike. Nothing camp about that at all! :blink: I don't make cushions, or play with dolls.

Ironically I was born barely 3 miles from Box Hill and while I am no biker my Mum and Dad were back in the early 1950s even going on their honeymoon on my Dads old Triumph. When I was a kid he still had one of those big Norton motorcycles though when I came along he attached a sidecar to it. Among my first memories was sitting in it.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Ironically I was born barely 3 miles from Box Hill and while I am no biker my Mum and Dad were back in the early 1950s even going on their honeymoon on my Dads old Triumph. When I was a kid he still had one of those big Norton motorcycles though when I came along he attached a sidecar to it. Among my first memories was sitting in it.

I am from near that way, and so is Mr Renting, my arch nemesis. :blink:

I am afraid my dad had BSAs so boo to Triumph, the enemy!

He sold it when he got married, to make me, for the benefit of the World. ;)

HOLA4413

I dated a girl who lived on top of Box Hill. The views from her house were stunning. And there is a lovely quiet spot nearby called Juniper Hill...

HOLA4414

I dated a girl who lived on top of Box Hill. The views from her house were stunning. And there is a lovely quiet spot nearby called Juniper Hill...

A nice, but rather expensive part of the World. I need to do more burglary! :blink:

HOLA4415

My Dads chief claim to fame amongst the biking community back then was he rode motorcycles for the army at the end of the second World War but when he got demobbed and took a civilian motorbike test he promptly failed it. He never got over the ignominy of that moment.

HOLA4416

My Dads chief claim to fame amongst the biking community back then was he rode motorcycles for the army at the end of the second World War but when he got demobbed and took a civilian motorbike test he promptly failed it. He never got over the ignominy of that moment.

I got my motorcycle test first time. It took me a bit longer with cars. :blink:

HOLA4417

I got my motorcycle test first time. It took me a bit longer with cars. :blink:

Ditto that Pinny - 3 goes for the car licence, but passed the bike test 1st-time.

But Brian Sewell on a motorbike..?

Howay Pinny man, nee friggin' chance..!!!

;)

XYY

HOLA4418

Ditto that Pinny - 3 goes for the car licence, but passed the bike test 1st-time.

But Brian Sewell on a motorbike..?

Howay Pinny man, nee friggin' chance..!!!

;)

XYY

Likewise the shed licence took three goes. Motorcycle in one pop! Now I drive a shed! A shiny Masonic one mind! :D

Ham stottie,and a pint of Ex please!

Pin

HOLA4419

Likewise the shed licence took three goes. Motorcycle in one pop! Now I drive a shed! A shiny Masonic one mind! :D

Ham stottie,and a pint of Ex please!

Pin

Sheds are for poofs man - allotments are where the testosterone is at...!

But despite our cultural differences, we both know what a pint of 'Ex' and a Stottie is - and it's the minutiae like that that makes human relationships work - once we get to know each other, we realise that we all shit, piss and cum the same colour.

And this time, I promise, I am not taking the piss...

:)

XYY

HOLA4420

Sheds are for poofs man - allotments are where the testosterone is at...!

But despite our cultural differences, we both know what a pint of 'Ex' and a Stottie is - and it's the minutiae like that that makes human relationships work - once we get to know each other, we realise that we all shit, piss and cum the same colour.

And this time, I promise, I am not taking the piss...

:)

XYY

What "cultural differences"? You must think we don't like"beer, tabs, and smut"! And we have smashing pasties, with edible fillings (Not from Greggs!) :blink: And cider that can kill. :unsure:

Black and white like the Magpies, not the red-and-white sh!te from Sunderland, except when they play a Southern team, of course. :wacko: Hip hip hooray, for the horrible North ;)

Archived