House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Two Policemen Attack 76 Year Old Man Who They Thought Was Putting On A Welsh Accent

A SWANSEA man was attacked by two policemen who thought he was putting on an accent, a court has heard.

John Morgan, aged 59, was out walking his dog in Peterborough when he was approached by PCs John Richardson, aged 50, and David Littlemore, aged 35, last August.

They were out looking for a man in his 70s with Alzheimer's who had disappeared from his home.Mr Morgan told the officers he was not the man they were looking for, but he refused to give his name and address, Luton magistrates were told.

The retired engineer was approached by Littlemore who "was suspicious of him because he thought he was putting on an accent because he spoke with a Welsh accent", the court heard.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Welshman-attacked-police-officers-suspicious/story-27505497-detail/story.html

I thought everybody in Wales was putting on that accent for a laugh and at home spoke like Brian Sewell.

It's like there are no black people, just white people blacked up for a laugh like that civil rights lady in the US.

A Welsh accent in Wales? Whatever next? :blink:

Actually I think Frank may be right. Everyone speaks like Brian Sewell, and only sound Welsh in the pub!

When I was auditing I came across a middle-aged white bloke with a Jamaican accent. It turned out he has been brought up there but it was like somebody doing an impression.

I was rather taken aback and thought he was taking the mickey. If I was black my reaction would have been stronger.

When I was auditing I came across a middle-aged white bloke with a Jamaican accent. It turned out he has been brought up there but it was like somebody doing an impression.

I was rather taken aback and thought he was taking the mickey. If I was black my reaction would have been stronger.

You mean like this guy

You mean like this guy

No, much stronger than that. A real "yeah mon" accent. Think Jim Davidson doing Chalkie but without the harshness, really laid back.

There are white people in Jamaica. I expect he speaks like Brian Sewell at home.

No, much stronger than that. A real "yeah mon" accent. Think Jim Davidson doing Chalkie.

Coziers probably spent too long in the international cricket commentary box so its probably flattened his accent

This may be a bit nearer what you heard

There used to be a very old and poor white community in the Caribbean called rather derogatorily red legs

They were descendants of transportees and indentured servants shipped out to work on the islands in the 17th century before the use of African slaves became widespread in the 18th century

Apparently their dialect is completely incomprehensible

Ever heard Michael Manley? It always struck me that was a bit weird. Almost like he needed the votes. But listening to it now, he does sound authentic.

Yes he was PM in Jamaica.

Basically if he had been brought up in Newcastle, he would sound like a Geordie.

My White Jamaican Dad is spot on stormymonday.

Michael Manley is a lot posher.

The one that really pisses off rotten is the fake public schoolboy Cockney! :blink:

I am from London, and I suppose I sound reasonably posh, but I don't apologise for it.

I don't quite sound like Brian Sewell however. :blink:

Coziers probably spent too long in the international cricket commentary box so its probably flattened his accent

This may be a bit nearer what you heard

There used to be a very old and poor white community in the Carribean called rather derogatorily red legs

They were descendants of transportees and indentured servants shiped out to work on the islands in the 17th century bewfore the use of African slaves became widespread in the 18th century

Apparently their dialect is completely incomprehensible

On my mums side way back - a few were sent over to work on the plantations - as punishment as they were gypsies apparently. (She does genealogy/and investigated this stuff)

One if them got together with a local and that's my mums side of the family. Can't confirm if they were black or not as the birth certificate didn't state these things over there in those days.

I was going to get one of those gene history things done - until I read a bit about them - and they are a bunch of nonsense apparently.

I am quite possibly a Jamaican ginger - will never know for sure though.

(I think I have mentioned this on here before)

Well, yes, I know what you are saying. This is Chris Blackwell of Island Records who grew up in Jamaica.

"Exodus, Time's record of the century." :huh:

I think that's a smoking gun that one Mr Pin.

Well I know some "right proper Cockney Geezers", and they don't like the piss taken out of them. Do it at your peril.

They like me because I do not pretend to be what I am not, and I can fix motorbikes, and very handy with electrics :blink: But I still sound posh! All their mums think I am lovely! :blink:

I am quite possibly a Jamaican ginger - will never know for sure though.

I thought that sounded like some kind of biscuit, but no:

Jamaica Ginger extract, known in the United States by the slang name "Jake," was a late 19th-century patent medicine that provided a convenient way to bypass Prohibition laws, since it contained between 70-80% ethanol by weight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaica_ginger

The trick is to clench an ice cube between your buttocks,

I don't sound like that at all! Obviously whatever you treat your buttocks to, is up to you.

Well I know some "right proper Cockney Geezers", and they don't like the piss taken out of them. Do it at your peril.

They like me because I do not pretend to be what I am not, and I can fix motorbikes, and very handy with electrics :blink: But I still sound posh! All their mums think I am lovely! :blink:

I understand that you dont want to be knocking over that Brian Sewell's pint in a pub either if you want to avoid trouble

I've noticed as time has gone on that an awful lot of MP's drop their t's these days. Including most notably our 'ony.

Language changes over time.

I understand that you dont want to be knocking over that Brian Sewell's pint in a pub either if you want to avoid trouble

I don't expect I will see him at a biker's festival! :blink: