House Price Crash Forum

When Will It Start?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Two year price crash ready for an uptick before the election seems the order of the day.

the media has suddenly become very bearish in the last two weeks.

fed potentially raising rates in the next 6 months (hopefully get more info from the Fed today) and the sentiment damage that causes

Mortgage deals % rates already heading upwards

Buy to letters making their way towards the exists or simily not expanding any more. As generally they have been the sector propping up the market, and transactions being set at the margins.

lots of very bad signs for the economy with the markets very toppy. due another major bust around now.

and a whole range of other factors. from less secure work, ageing poor health of boomers, political pressure etc etc

HOLA444

When will the mass exodus from buy-to-let start, especially in London? I'm not talking about dribs and crabs, I'm talking about the panic that will gather pace and decimate the market.

The dribs and drabs have started anyway.

HOLA445
HOLA446

There will never be a mass exodus, there's simply too much money to be had in btl's. Maybe not for any newbies but for those in the game for 5 years plus why sell when your net yields are 3-4-5-6%. Average prices are still increasing, banks offer 0.5%.... Errrr yeah let's sell!!! Duh.

The wishful thinking you and others show is quite laughable.

HOLA447
HOLA448

There will never be a mass exodus, there's simply too much money to be had in btl's. Maybe not for any newbies but for those in the game for 5 years plus why sell when your net yields are 3-4-5-6%. Average prices are still increasing, banks offer 0.5%.... Errrr yeah let's sell!!! Duh.

Perhaps you took a wrong turn somewhere.

The mass eviction threats are coming from here http://www.property118.com/budget-2015-landlords-reactions/76164/comment-page-163/#comments

The sell off threats are coming from here http://www.property118.com/budget-2015-landlords-reactions/76164/comment-page-163/#comments

The panic is coming from here http://www.property118.com/budget-2015-landlords-reactions/76164/comment-page-163/#comments

HOLA449

I don`t think George & co would agree

Osborne isn’t just targeting landlords for extra income tax. In 2012-13, the Treasury took in £3.9bn from capital gains tax (CGT) on property. The Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) is projecting £9bn for 2018-19. That’s some rise, and not all of it can come through house price inflation. So how is the Treasury going to get that money?

Perhaps the answer is from buy-to-let landlords.

http://moneyweek.com/how-george-osborne-could-kill-off-britains-buy-to-let-business/#.Vbn2Q6AUmLo.twitter

And the late comers ( the last five years )are the pasties which are going to be bailing out the early entrants with their 25% deposits

Edited by long time lurking

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I suspect it will come when new entrants find they can no longer outbid OOs and make money, that will flatten the market and frighten portfolio holders into seeing the lack of credit drop their own valuations.

Banks will look carefully at them also at renewal time.

HOLA4412

I suspect it will come when new entrants find they can no longer outbid OOs and make money, that will flatten the market and frighten portfolio holders into seeing the lack of credit drop their own valuations.

Banks will look carefully at them also at renewal time.

Who will they be then, the mentally deranged?

new entrants - "Hmmm I don't think I'm paying enough tax. I know I'll get a BTL. That will sort it!"

If you have to borrow to play then it's a non starter.

If you have the money to play, then why not wait and pick up the entrails?

HOLA4413

I wonder, because the tax changes are being rolled out slowly over the next five years, and this could create five more years of waiting and uncertainty over prices until the full effects are felt. Is the general consensus that we'll need to wait until the end of this period? Because some of us are not getting any younger.

HOLA4414

I wonder, because the tax changes are being rolled out slowly over the next five years, and this could create five more years of waiting and uncertainty over prices until the full effects are felt. Is the general consensus that we'll need to wait until the end of this period? Because some of us are not getting any younger.

Escargot - a BTLer (buy a house on tick and get rich quick cargo culters) who hangs on a little bit too long.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

There might be 5 years to the next general election but there will be 5 main budgets in that time. Maybe some more emergency budgets as well - along with the end of the year stuff. If (to be fair that might be a big if but nevertheless) they are intending to dampen down things any BTLer relying on the recent emergency budget being the last of the measures might be making a mistake.

The measures in the emergency budget etc might just be the writing on the wall for further action and any BTLer might be advised to at least consider that possibility.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4419
HOLA4420