House Price Crash Forum

Led Lighting

Kurt Barlow

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Is it a straight bulb swap? I looked into it briefly and there was some box just before the light fitting that I thought needed changing to go LED, currently mostly halogens.

Is it a transformer Frank?

HOLA445

Is it a straight bulb swap? I looked into it briefly and there was some box just before the light fitting that I thought needed changing to go LED, currently mostly halogens.

These are standard edison screw recessed lights. Took out the 60w (which will go back when we leave) and replaced with 9w warm white and 9w daylight in the bathrooms.

HOLA446
HOLA447

These are standard edison screw recessed lights. Took out the 60w (which will go back when we leave) and replaced with 9w warm white and 9w daylight in the bathrooms.

Thanks, when they are next in offer in Aldi or Lidl I will buy one to try.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I replaced every bulb in the house with LED except the under cupboard strip lights in the kitchen. Cost a lot, but it was a straight swap out and the drop in electricity usage was significant. Also, the old style bulbs used to blow here for a pastime - for some reason these LED ones seem to last much longer.

All I need to do now is to stop the wife leaving on the only non LED lights in the house all the time.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I only replaced the most commonly used lights with LED versions (And the outside light as I keep leaving it switched on)

For everything else good old filament lamps are fine.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I replaced every bulb in the house with LED except the under cupboard strip lights in the kitchen. Cost a lot, but it was a straight swap out and the drop in electricity usage was significant. Also, the old style bulbs used to blow here for a pastime - for some reason these LED ones seem to last much longer.

All I need to do now is to stop the wife leaving on the only non LED lights in the house all the time.

It's a woman thing. Like turning on the lights during the day if it's a bit cloudy. Let there be light.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

It's a woman thing. Like turning on the lights during the day if it's a bit cloudy. Let there be light.

Yep. I leave for work before my girlfriend, and if I get home before her I find about a quarter of the time that the lights in our flat have been left on all day. She knows that she does this because she also finds them on if she gets home first, but knowing doesn't seem to stop it happening.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I've often wondered if and searched for a website that exists to tell you how much money you could save my swapping your current lightbulbs out with LEDs? And it may at the same time suggest which power fitting should go where?

Living in a rental it would be handy to know. I guess they could be taken with when moving on. Should probably just buy ;).

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I quite like LEDs and will probably move the kitchen, bathroom, and landing over to them, but they still don't quite feel right yet for the rest of the house. In particular bits I do model railway stuff in, since I'm not sure about their colour and how things look under it. As a replacement of incandescants they're worth it in general, unlike those CFL things I've done my best to avoid.

HOLA4423

I quite like LEDs and will probably move the kitchen, bathroom, and landing over to them, but they still don't quite feel right yet for the rest of the house. In particular bits I do model railway stuff in, since I'm not sure about their colour and how things look under it. As a replacement of incandescants they're worth it in general, unlike those CFL things I've done my best to avoid.

You can get a special blue colour daylight bulb for craft style things. I don't know whether an LED version exists yet. Model railways, good blokey stuff!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived