House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Land Reg June - Read All About It!

Land Reg is a bit lagging, so surprisingly they should come up with a spring bounce. Most indicators are pointing to a good summer after the spring bouce didn't materialise. Good in the context that we are not now experiencing the usual school summer holiday sales collapse which is usuually in full swing by late July.

Volume of completed sales down by 19% compared to a year ago with the total number now below 58.000 per month. In London it appears even worse with a drop in volume of a whopping 26%! compared to a year ago. So despite the apparent increase yoy good news.

btw) The really surprising bit from that report is the steady decrease in the number of repossessions. Very strange.

Edited by moesasji

I'd guess the troublesome 125% Northern Crock stuff is either beginning to get in the black or the repo has already happened. We are talking eight years now since the crash started and six years since the 2009 nadir.

Edited by crashmonitor

From the report:

hey%2Bmilkshock.png

Looks like there's going to be plenty of liquidity around going forward for all those BTL idiots looking to bail before a price correction moar-roons them. Oh, no wait, that's the opposite of what it looks like (#^.^#)

Edited by bland unsight

Sales in London £1.5m+ down 27% year on year... This has been falling for months. The EAs must be hanging themselves. Hopefully.

Big loser in the 'golden triangle' this month.

43 Castle Hill, Prestbury, Cheshire East, SK10 4AS

Sold in July 2007 for £1.1m, but looks as though it was substantially redesigned in 2010 (can't find a planning application, but marketing brochure is here) and resold for £3.15m in Dec 2010.

Guide price was £2m (agent's brochure), but sold for £1.7m in May.

Fugly in my opinion, but each to his own.

43CastleHillSK104AS.jpg

Big loser in the 'golden triangle' this month.

43 Castle Hill, Prestbury, Cheshire East, SK10 4AS

Sold in July 2007 for £1.1m, but looks as though it was substantially redesigned in 2010 (can't find a planning application, but marketing brochure is here) and resold for £3.15m in Dec 2010.

Guide price was £2m (agent's brochure), but sold for £1.7m in May.

Fugly in my opinion, but each to his own.

Prestbury has no streetlights in for the most part.. country lanes. You'd spend too many evenings worrying about your loved ones driving home at night - your kids when they're old enough to drive. Too many car accidents around those parts for my liking - including a memory from when my Dad nearly drove us into a tree trying to see the turning at night.

Can't say I'm a fan on this trend from black window frames and other trim. Looked fire-damaged or 'burnt out' from a distance, and not so pretty close up.

prestcrash1998.jpg

Urghhh - my memory for property in this forever HPI market.

Let's have a HPC.

article-1234883-078C3DDC000005DC-853_468

Surrey gem: This £7.5million mansion from John D Wood would suit a footballer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1234883/Its-sale-season-time-footballers-kick-start-property-market.html

Edit update - and the RM link

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-24933863.html

13/11/2009 Price changed: from '£7,950,000' to '£7,500,000

Edited by Venger

Well at least it's well down from £8m expectations originally... and as you point out FT, last buyer at £6m, has just had to take a hefty £500,000 loss.

Disappointing headline figures, especially the uptick in London YoY, albeit underpinned by LOW LOW volumes.

YoY negative in London will be the biggie, not there yet... <_<

Well at least it's well down from £8m expectations originally... and as you point out FT, last buyer at £6m, has just had to take a hefty £500,000 loss.

plus interests, costs, upkeep.

let's talk nearer a million.

should have rented.

was the 2010 price the same as the 2004 price?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

The red/green colours on houseprices.io are a bit misleading, houses that have fallen are shown in Red but so are many which just haven't kept pace with inflation.

Would be much better if they had red / amber / green

It's an interesting idea. I've given it a go. I'm in two minds about the result...

I like the real/nominal comparison evictee, not sure how new it is but last time I paid attention that area was versus LR HPI as my own software does which I also liked.

What I would like to see, if your taking requests, would be some kind of aggregate. I was recently wanting to know how many of the results were red versus green, and the average % against inflation, which took a lot of recording to arrive at.

I do like the simplicity of what you have going though, and appreciate the extra processing and complication of aggregating those stats, so I completely understand if this is too much.

I like the real/nominal comparison evictee, not sure how new it is but last time I paid attention that area was versus LR HPI as my own software does which I also liked.

What I would like to see, if your taking requests, would be some kind of aggregate. I was recently wanting to know how many of the results were red versus green, and the average % against inflation, which took a lot of recording to arrive at.

I do like the simplicity of what you have going though, and appreciate the extra processing and complication of aggregating those stats, so I completely understand if this is too much.

Another interesting idea. I think I'd probably want to add a separate area of the site for this, rather than shoehorn it in to the general search results.

I have been thinking about adding some sort of bespoke query tool on the data which could be used for this sort of thing, although with 20 million records there's a balance to be struck between flexibility and performance.

Another interesting idea. I think I'd probably want to add a separate area of the site for this, rather than shoehorn it in to the general search results.

I have been thinking about adding some sort of bespoke query tool on the data which could be used for this sort of thing, although with 20 million records there's a balance to be struck between flexibility and performance.

I've had a stab at this. 20m records are way too much to get any decent performance without some seriously beefy hardware, but by sacrificing low level detail, with some preprocessing and a funky function to allow mean numbers to be meaned, I was able to reduce it to a star schema of less than 1m rows that gave adequate performance on openshift uaing Saiku BI to allow visual exploration of the data cube.

It's online now but password protected. I've been slack for over a year now in updating the data because I have never got round to automating the updates and it was painfully slow to do, but there is no reason for it to be with some extra work.

If you're interested, I'd be happy to share the progress I've made, and if you have reasonable hardware, we could talk about finishing the job and hosting it on houseprices.io.

I can create an account for you to have a look. The only reservation about making it public, is that intuitive as it is, it does take some familiarity with BI concepts to use, and I am concerned about support.

But I think it might be worthwhile you taking a look - even if you just use my compression methodology.