House Price Crash Forum

Reborn Kids

LC1

HOLA441

http://www.shevadolls.com/reborn/tag/reva-schick/

Erm, don't know quite how to feel about these grotesque dolls. Human hair and all, urgh, truly hideous.

One came up in my search listings on ebay (for something only very tangentailly related to kids/dolls, I hasten to add), and I foolishly clicked on the link.

I can't quite fathom why someone would want to make these things, let alone why anyone would buy them (the listing on ebay was over £500 and was still 'reserve not met').

Is this just esacpism for odd/eccentric types, or something much more dark and disturbing?!

HOLA442
HOLA443

I guess if you like dolls then the more realistic the better. But something desperately sad about these as they seem to lean towards being child substitutes. You can imagine an adult pushing one of these in pushchair...and the reaction of someone else realising it's not real.

The first one in particular is rather creepy as it has to skin colour and tone of a photo of still born where some one has abused photoshop to make seem alive. It does not help that most have their eyes closed.

The uncanny valley in action.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest eight

I tell you what would be funny.

Prop the thing up for a few photos, shop in some real eyes, then pretend it got abducted from your holiday apartment and cash in!

HOLA447
HOLA448

They are surprisingly lifelike aren't they.

Of course the Daily Mail crowd will shriek about the 'paedo' angle but I don't think most people who buy them will do so for that purpose.

I don't know why anyone would want one, seeing as it looks like a dead baby, but I guess it's a craft like any other, and people will pay for the expert workmanship.

HOLA449

Cats.

They're much more cuddly than puppies.

I quite like cats, but I see myself in them. Lots of men don't like cats :blink:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I think they're pretty good. There seems to be a lot of work that goes into them like the individual hair strands so I can appreciate it from that pov. I like the new born baby ones but not the longer haired open eyed ones.

Having said that, I don't have one, I don't want one. The last doll I had was Tiny Tears circa 1975. I loved her.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Im sure it was innocent. Like your tendency to lick yourself all over, thats what you meant right?

If only! I think I have a short tongue, or possibly a tiny c0ck! :blink:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I don't know why anyone would want one, seeing as it looks like a dead baby, but I guess it's a craft like any other, and people will pay for the expert workmanship.

I kind of take the expert craftsmanship angle..... BUT IT LOOKS LIKE A DEAD BABY WITH CREEPY EYES!

Who on earth buys them, and what do they do with them? Push them around in a pushchair? Pretend to feed them?! The mind boggles.

HOLA4420

Archived