House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qetesuesi

"the Most Facile, Superficial Prime Minister There's Ever Been"

He's up there...but thats what wins elections.

People want superficial answers...soundbites, if you will. They don't want to listen to deep, systematic solutions to things. That would require their concentration.

They want moronic statements like Gordon Browns famous 'we're doing the right thing because its the right thing to do'

Besides, Britain has become a rather facile, superficial nation. We deserve Cameron.

Besides, Britain has become a rather facile, superficial nation. We deserve Cameron.

That's it, isn't it - not for today's exhibitionistic generation the gravitas of politicians of yesteryear. Why, many of them would get absolutely nowhere in today's telegenic/telecentric social climate.

You even need to ask the question?

There can be only one.

Like the "Highlander"? ^_^ Surely this is the shiniest of turds

And I hope God is watching.

So where's the unexpurgated Sewel video footage to be found then? I'm thinking it'll make entertaining viewing.

I could stand an evening in the Pub with Mr Cameron. I know he's a posh public school twit, but so are some of my best friends, and he does not appear to be evil. I might get a bit creeped out after an evening with Mr Blair. He'll nick my watch and then bomb Arabs for it!

I could stand an evening in the Pub with Mr Cameron. I know he's a posh public school twit, but so are some of my best friends, and he does not appear to be evil. I might get a bit creeped out after an evening with Mr Blair. He'll nick my watch and then bomb Arabs for it!

Two from the same mould IMO. A lawyer and a PR man, each with a strong set of principles determined by who's paying them the most.

I'm neutral on Cameron overall but there's something to be said for a more or less total lack of demagoguery. As Pin says, he'd be a perfectly pleasant bloke to have a beer or two with who quite likely wouldn't even talk about politics or himself very much.

Two from the same mould IMO. A lawyer and a PR man, each with a strong set of principles determined by who's paying them the most.

Blair is a narcissist of some sort whereas I don't think Cameron is particularly. It's the same contrast as Major and Thatcher now that I think of it.

I always expect the Scooby gang to appear and rip off Cameron's oversized, latex-shiny face to reveal it was "Mr Blair from New Labour" all along...

:D

Presumably this is why Steve Bell depicts him in a condom balaclava?