House Price Crash Forum

Gordon, Please Help Us Now

HOLA441

Repo's up in Manchester, report from the news blog

North west Euro MP Chris Davies fears this could signal recession and is calling on Chancellor Gordon Brown to take urgent action.
"Their credit cards have kept the high street boom going and their mortgages inflated the housing bubble. But people are starting to tighten their belts,"
Mr Davies is calling for a payments protection insurance to provide a safety net for borrowers who can't meet payments.

I'm sure GB will be quite willing to dip his hand in his pocket and help the numpties who borrowed more than they could afford to pay back.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Borrowers who can't meet their payments should have their goods and property siezed & sold, they are basically stealing by buying something they cannot afford to pay for.

If there's anything still outstanding it should be siezed from their future wages along with National Isurance.

If their wages are too low for this they should do community services until the have worked off the money.

see how they like paying off £120K on £5.20/hour, this should help them learn the value of money.

If I have to pay for this bubble out of my pocket I'm off to the US. I'll take my county council funded honours degree with me and go and create some jobs in a country where sponging morons pay for their own mistakes.

HOLA445

Borrowers who can't meet their payments should have their goods and property siezed & sold, they are basically stealing by buying something they cannot afford to pay for.

If there's anything still outstanding it should be siezed from their future wages along with National Isurance.

If their wages are too low for this they should do community services until the have worked off the money.

Amen to that!

HOLA446

'Mr Davies is calling for a payments protection insurance to provids a safety net for borrowers who can't meet payments'

Closing. Stable door. Already bolted.

Maybe you are missing the (inteneded) joke BL. After all, isn't "a safety net" what PPI is supposed to be all about? Sadly it is gonna take 9 months for the OFT to rule on that one ( http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...ndpost&p=251923 )

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA447
HOLA448

A good point to make is how the Government has shown it’s concern

For the ‘sipps suckers’. Do the bulls really think Blair cares?

Or can/will do anything about it?

Today’s news on this site feels like reality has just started to wake-up.

Is it getting crash-e-er in here or is it me? :rolleyes:

Edited by burnt before

HOLA449

Maybe you are missing the (inteneded) joke BL. After all, isn't "a safety net" what PPI is supposed to be all about? Sadly it is gonna take 9 months for the OFT to rule on that one ( http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...ndpost&p=251923 )

I guess I am missing the joke Sledgehead. I agree that PPI is a rip off too. I'm just thinking it's too late now because the damage has been done. How can you add insurance onto something if the risk has already been realised? Or is it just a request for government aid dressed up?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest Charlie The Tramp

"Mr Davies is calling for a payments protection insurance to provide a safety net for borrowers who can't meet payments."

It`s already in place PPI for those who overspend and then can`t pay is Bankruptcy.

HOLA4413

No! They should be put through a mincer, turned into dog food and sold on Bermondsey Market.

HOLA4414