HOLA441
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA443
HOLA444

It wasn't so long ago that a town in Holland was on alert for a rogue owl attacking people.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/14/eagle-owl-caught-dutch-town-attacks-purmerend-netherlands

Magnificent creature.

Even blackbirds are smart. If I throw fruit out into the garden for them, they spot it, then they raise an alarm call to send all the other birds into hiding. Then they pick up the fruit for themselves.

HOLA445
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA446
HOLA447
  • 4 months later...
HOLA448
HOLA449

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
  • 3 months later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4419
  • 2 months later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I quite like seagulls, even the noise they make. Goes back to childhood I suppose and the excitement of arriving at the seaside on hols.

However have just remembered a horrible thing on some wildlife prog. - Chris Packham commenting with evident relish while a herring gull perched on a roof at dusk, and picked off as they came out in search of their dinner about a dozen tiny bats. It was quick as a flash each time, blink and each one was gone down its throat.

I can't stand Chris Packham. I know it's 'Nature red in tooth and claw', and all that, but he seems to dwell on any such thing and take a sadistic delight in seeing anything get eaten.

HOLA4425

I quite like seagulls, even the noise they make. Goes back to childhood I suppose and the excitement of arriving at the seaside on hols.

However have just remembered a horrible thing on some wildlife prog. - Chris Packham commenting with evident relish while a herring gull perched on a roof at dusk, and picked off as they came out in search of their dinner about a dozen tiny bats. It was quick as a flash each time, blink and each one was gone down its throat.

I can't stand Chris Packham. I know it's 'Nature red in tooth and claw', and all that, but he seems to dwell on any such thing and take a sadistic delight in seeing anything get eaten.

Isn't TV all about this nowadays?

The Great British bat-off.

Archived