House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

Plumbing Query !

My pressure in boiler is low - no instructions to sort - I have a cold water pipe, a hot water pipe ,a gas inlet and two other ( heating flow and return safety valve - both with red tap things on them ) I assume I have to open then close one or both of these but not sure exactly how.

Pressure should be 1 to 1.5 but at present barely 0.5

Much appreciated !!

It's probably a closed system, and there will be a valve somewhere to let more water in.

We always appreciate your advice on women.

OK cheers - I shall have a look for this valve - what will it look like ?!

OK cheers - I shall have a look for this valve - what will it look like ?!

I am wise beyond the belief of some mortals here. Some call me an Angel, but I cannot see your plumbing from here. I guess it looks like a valve. What you need is a plumber!

Go look at your boiler. Write down the model number.
Come back to the computer and search for the manual. Print this out. Read it carefully.

It should show you were the cold water thing is to turn.

Go look at your boiler. Write down the model number.

Come back to the computer and search for the manual. Print this out. Read it carefully.

It should show you were the cold water thing is to turn.

Most Sacred Plumber, we hear your wise words.

Mine looks like this...

cat831576_zpsx7du9utk.png

It's on one of the pipes leading to the boiler, just turn it 1/4 of a turn and you should hear the cavitation as the water flows.

My pressure in boiler is low - no instructions to sort - I have a cold water pipe, a hot water pipe ,a gas inlet and two other ( heating flow and return safety valve - both with red tap things on them ) I assume I have to open then close one or both of these but not sure exactly how.

Pressure should be 1 to 1.5 but at present barely 0.5

Much appreciated !!

Does this youtube clip help?

Mine looks like this...

cat831576_zpsx7du9utk.png

It's on one of the pipes leading to the boiler, just turn it 1/4 of a turn and you should hear the cavitation as the water flows.

I don't know why I spotted some naughty innuendo in that? :blink: Are you a cyborg from the future.

But seriously folks, the chap is right. That is probably exactly what you are looking for. It connects the water mains to your closed system. It will lose pressure after time and will need topping up.

OK people thanks very much - decided to venture to the pub instead. Will try tomorrow and let you know of my success - or not.

Don't think fiddling with my gas boiler when back in later smashed off my tits would be wise.

OK people thanks very much - decided to venture to the pub instead. Will try tomorrow and let you know of my success - or not.

Don't think fiddling with my gas boiler when back in later smashed off my tits would be wise.

This old wise Angel wishes you a pub full of plumbers! :blink:^_^

Thanks ^

A pub full of plumbers is a scary thought !

Thanks ^

A pub full of plumbers is a scary thought !

I did turn up at a pub once, with rather an ususual number of hearses in the car park. It was a funeral directors' piss up. They reckon they won't get pulled over. I reckon they are right. But being drunk in the company vehicle is a Sin in PinWorld.

The pressure on my closed water system boiler drops too from 1.2-1.5bar to around the same 0.5bar and I only find out when the hot water tap flows cold. I doubt it's a leak as the drop in pressure is over about a year.

There will be a tap/valve somewhere along the cold in-let pipe to open up, be careful not to bring the pressure too high as there is a little bit of lag between pumping the water in and the gauge reflecting that. I tap mine and the needle normally knocks into the right place.

This is not a job for a plumber (unless its a leak). Keep your spendies for the pub.

I don't know why I spotted some naughty innuendo in that? :blink: Are you a cyborg from the future.

But seriously folks, the chap is right. That is probably exactly what you are looking for. It connects the water mains to your closed system. It will lose pressure after time and will need topping up.

This is what I like to wear around the house.

HenryVIIIArmor_small_zpsy9ceynap.jpg

This is what I like to wear around the house.

Don't we all? :P:P

Does this youtube clip help?

Cheers this helped me along - also did a Google and found user manual but wasn't much use - it was the cooling pipe between cold water and flow pipe. Got a wee black dial on it to open up and re pressure. Job done - thanks.

Cheers this helped me along - also did a Google and found user manual but wasn't much use - it was the cooling pipe between cold water and flow pipe. Got a wee black dial on it to open up and re pressure. Job done - thanks.

Very blokey of you Mr ccc! :blink:;);)

It did make me feel rather blokish !!

And all I did was turn a wee nob.....

It did make me feel rather blokish !!

And all I did was turn a wee nob.....

You should join my "blokey fun" thread! ^_^

Despite your rattling on about "dreadful burds", I believe you are a nice chap! :blink: