House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Debbiebegood

Nudge Unit Uses Subtle Ways To Change Behaviour Without Us Noticing

Nudge Unit uses subtle ways to change behaviour without us noticing

Nudge Unit is a private company with guaranteed government contracts for the next 5 years (officially-unofficially very likely much longer) funded by the taxpayer to "nudge" all of us.

we've known about this for years.

what is lesser known,but many times more potent, is the "thump" unit.

set up as a counter-reaction to the "nudge" unit, it tells them in no uncertain terms to f@ck off and mind their own business.

as CS lewis put it, nothing is more repressive than being governed by an army of moral busybodies...so we send them packing to wallow in their own sanctimonious self-righteousness.

we've known about this for years.

what is lesser known,but many times more potent, is the "thump" unit.

set up as a counter-reaction to the "nudge" unit, it tells them in no uncertain terms to f@ck off and mind their own business.

as CS lewis put it, nothing is more repressive than being governed by an army of moral busybodies...so we send them packing to wallow in their own sanctimonious self-righteousness.

I actually read a book about CS Lewis from the "adult library" after reading some of the Narnia books, when I was a young un!

I wanted to see the person that wrote the books.

Clever chap, and sounds like the sort of Christian that God would approve of! :o;)

Nothing new, goes on everywhere......no need to wonder why the charity posts you a pen a coaster and a card and asks you to keep them.....you can either see the tricks or you can't........job satisfaction surveys is another tactical manipulation of the results they want to get......so it goes on. ;)

I actually read a book about CS Lewis from the "adult library" after reading some of the Narnia books, when I was a young un!

I wanted to see the person that wrote the books.

Clever chap, and sounds like the sort of Christian that God would approve of! :o;)

Have you seen Shadowlands MrPin? Maybe not your sort of thing being a bit of a weepie, but it's a brilliantly acted, gentle, tragic period of CS Lewis's life.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1048267-shadowlands/

Have you seen Shadowlands MrPin? Maybe not your sort of thing being a bit of a weepie, but it's a brilliantly acted, gentle, tragic period of CS Lewis's life.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1048267-shadowlands/

I've not seen that! I think it might be a good watch! I like good Christians, and I have to smite the bad ones.