23/07/2015
Price changed: Guide Price £1,000,000 Offers in Excess of £900,000
27/02/2015
Price changed: £1,250,000 Guide Price £1,000,000
Status changed: from 'null' to 'Available'
08/05/2014
Initial entry found.
28% drop.
The elusive london buyers must be rarer than rocking horse poo.

New Romey? Good grief. I'm not sure what sort of buyer they thought they were targeting at £1.25M. It's way beyond commuting distance, there's nothing there apart from deprivation, a few twitchers and a power station.

Edited by spunko2010

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48457096.html?premiumA=true

18/07/2015
Brief Description changed: OPEN DAY SATURDAY 25th JULY 11am - 12 noon. A stunning six bedroom/three bathroom detached residence.
Price changed: from '£1,750,000' to '£1,500,000'
14/07/2015
Status changed: from 'Generous Garden' to 'Open To Offers'
09/07/2015
Price changed: from '£1,800,000' to '£1,750,000'
09/05/2015
Price changed: from '£2,000,000' to '£1,800,000'
07/03/2015
Initial entry found.

25 % off

:blink:

Gerrards Cross!!! 25% off!!!!!!

F me!

Something is really really happening. G X is like one of the top top places in the country.

Edited by Killer Bunny

Gerrards Cross!!! 25% off!!!!!!

F me!

Something is really really happening. G X is like one of the top top places in the country.

Has to be the london buyers have disappeared.

Cant see it being anything else

Someone I know had her lovely home in AMersham valued at £2.1m in 2011.

2014: £2.1m. She was amazed. I had been telling her prices were flat to down 2011 and 12. Rose 13 and flat 14. Makes sense. Of course she hadn't believed me. Believed? I was stating facts.

Were these selling at these prices before for a comparable property, or just an optimistic seller?

Interestingly I did come across one property that had been on the market for a couple of months in Kilburn at £440k for a 2 bed, it then sold and officially went through around March time (£435k), come to May and the buyers have put it back on the market at £440k...still not sold.

What are you thoughts around that?

1) Money laundering?

2) BTL'er realising the market wasn't growing ?

3) Genuine reason

4) Thoughts?

I was struck by this when I saw it a few days ago.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33789588.html

Agreed sale when advertised at £290k. Sale falls through, back on market at £250k.

Penny might be starting to drop for some.

ETA: Just noticed they've edited the ad again this morning, now says cash buyers only. Wonder what is wrong with it

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

37% drop in wiltshire....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49698778.html

20/07/2015
Brief Description changed: A very flexible detached property which could be easily used as two independent properties in an private location. Seven bedrooms, four bathrooms, three kitchen / dining rooms, laundry room study, two large reception rooms. large private garden. C.3 acres land, further land, stables & gallops av... ideal for smallholdi...
Price changed: Offers in Region of £550,000 £475,000
23/06/2015
Price changed: Offers in Region of £599,995 £550,000
01/06/2015
Price changed: Guide Price £675,000 Offers in Region of £599,995
20/05/2015
Price changed: Guide Price £750,000 £675,000
30/04/2015
Initial entry found.

The Romney house is simply magnificent. Wow!

Has picture no.10 got a bed and a dining table all in the same room?

Has picture no.10 got a bed and a dining table all in the same room?

I wonder if its above the garage and a granny/teenager flat

Is hinckley a good area? Like where all the wealthy coventry/leicester commuters reside.

I know next door Nuneaton isnt. I remember seeing a 30s detached there on a double plot in 2010 at 60k...in camp hill, or as I understand the locals call it, 'tramp hill'

Around Cambridge prices are pretty easy to guess. They fall the further away from Cambridge (although more so north of the city, in the south the cambridge commuter belt merges into the London commuter belt) but the midlands it seems towns right next door to each other have wildly different price dynamics...I guess a lot of that is demographics and ethnic ghettofication?

. They fall the further away from Cambridge (although more so north of the city, in the south the cambridge commuter belt merges into the London commuter belt) but the midlands it seems towns right next door to each other have wildly different price dynamics...I guess a lot of that is demographics and ethnic ghettofication?

Pretty much, where I am from in Derby, prices have gone down as more immigrants have moved in. Normanton was 30 years ago a very respectable part of Derby (so my parents and others say who used to live there), now a sink estate and a no-go area at rock bottom prices. Demographics literally reversed in a generation. Sinfin is halfway through the process, though never particularly nice to begin with. You could go on really, interesting to map out prices when adjusted for inflation.

Not particularly PC but the joke is sell up if an Asian moves next door.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45635165.html

23/07/2015
Price changed: Guide Price £1,000,000 Offers in Excess of £900,000
27/02/2015
Price changed: £1,250,000 Guide Price £1,000,000
Status changed: from 'null' to 'Available'

New Romey? Good grief. I'm not sure what sort of buyer they thought they were targeting at £1.25M. It's way beyond commuting distance, there's nothing there apart from deprivation, a few twitchers and a power station.

The Romney house is simply magnificent. Wow!

Conservatories suck ! Oh and it's even a cheap polycarbonate roofed one too. Heating always an issue (too hot or too cold - in my experience) polycarbonate; driven to distraction when it rains - and seals go. Are you not more likely to get PP for a proper extension if you actually need that extra space today - vs these conservatory things.

Lots on the slow burn... didn't sell into 2008... complacency into reflation... where da upsizers at? Need massive HPC.

The Sunday Times

October 4, 2009

Beyond the Brochure: Mallards, St Marys Bay, Kent

This Kent home has a bewildering layout that leaves Daisy (almost) lost for words

At the moment, she and her husband live in Malta. The house is mostly used as a weekend place by their three grown-up children. They are selling up, having already successfully sold the business next door, a private home for autistic adults, with a tennis court and a football pitch.

[..]Oh, dear. What can I say? There are some amazing fish in the pond out front. It has lots of garages — and it’s always nice to be beside the sea, even if there’s a cement wall in front. But, in my humble opinion, there’s not a nook or a cranny in the house that isn’t hideous. Added to which, it’s a half-hour drive to the super train station. Mallards has been on the market since April. I imagine it will linger there for many more months to come.

Mallards, St Mary’s Bay, Kent, £1.4m

What is it? A six-bedroom house set in 1.4 acres

Romney Marsh 2009: £1,400,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27847691.html

Romney Marsh 2014: £995,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44531395.html

Edited by Venger

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48457096.html?premiumA=true

18/07/2015
Brief Description changed: OPEN DAY SATURDAY 25th JULY 11am - 12 noon. A stunning six bedroom/three bathroom detached residence.
Price changed: from '£1,750,000' to '£1,500,000'
Price changed: from '£2,000,000' to '£1,800,000'
07/03/2015
Initial entry found.

25 % off

:blink:

RM Sold Data says this (unless it was a bmv transaction between family)

Sale Date: 27 Feb 2004. Price Paid: £1,080,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=36372803&sale=30454850&country=england

All these homes of olde crime-free times, with the large fancy double-door welcoming entrances; secured by up-and-down simple latch bolts into the frame; low security imo; 1-kick.

RM Sold Data says this (unless it was a bmv transaction between family)

Sale Date: 27 Feb 2004. Price Paid: £1,080,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=36372803&sale=30454850&country=england

All these homes of olde crime-free times, with the large fancy double-door welcoming entrances; secured by up-and-down simple latch bolts into the frame; low security imo; 1-kick.

have we found a bargain?

are bits of Kent now back to 2004 prices?

about ####### time

have we found a bargain?

are bits of Kent now back to 2004 prices?

about ####### time

A bit further to go yet Count, unless you use that inflation-adjusted measure for houses, but I don't like to use that measure - doesn't make any sense to me. I'll see such houses sell for <£1m in the not too distant future; well that is my expectation.

2004 at £1,080,000 = 2015 at £1,525,591

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1633409/Historic-inflation-calculator-value-money-changed-1900.html

A bit further to go yet Count, unless you use that inflation-adjusted measure for houses, but I don't like to use that measure - doesn't make any sense to me. I'll see such houses sell for <£1m in the not too distant future; well that is my expectation.

2004 at £1,080,000 = 2015 at £1,525,591

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1633409/Historic-inflation-calculator-value-money-changed-1900.html

either way, this points to one thing, the end of the mythical idiot London buyer.

how long till this filters through to the general public, can't be long.

I've seen 40% of listing being drops in various areas for months now, something has got to give.

The ghettoisation of Normanton was well under way 30 years ago, I remember over 30 years ago Normanton Road being populated with immigrant shopkeepers. The area of choice for wealthier asians has been moving Littleover which seems to have had the increase in prices to reflect this, particularly on the larger properties which can house multiple generations. This has left Normanton to become an even larger melting pot of eastern europeans and less wealthy/successful asian families. As far as no go areas go it is dramatically improved from the street dealing and kerbside prostitution levels from the late 80's and early 90's

I wasn't around so will take your word for it. My comments come from the few people I do know (mid 50's) who grew up in Normanton and the common theme is it used to be respectable and now they wouldn't go back there for love nor money. It fits that Normanton Road itself probably did start the ball rolling ahead of time.

I'm not altogether sure Littleover is the place successful Asians have moved from Normanton to? Doesn't Normanton have a largely muslim (bangladeshi) community? And I thought Littleover to be largely Indian and non-muslim, it has a large Sikh community to my knowledge (you see the Nissan Sahib - that little orange flag around a lot, particularly around the time of Sikh religious festivals). I'm not an expert on these matters but I'd have said Derby follows the trend of a lot of England, i.e. muslims in the poorest areas and not doing well with education/integration and Indians in some of the wealthier more mixed areas like Littleover (doctors, lawyers, business owners etc.).

Edited by SillyBilly