House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Latest Family Sentiment. Home Owners Are Responsible Scrimpers

Smashing one from my dad, irrespective if the 5 figure sums of BOMAD cash washing around my family for people to buy depreciating assets.

The reason there are few ftbs these days is because they spend all their money in wine bars and having dinner at wetherspoons. So there you go

Edited by Si1

Simple test to see if he is right. Look in the road where he first bought calculate how much it would cost now days using a mortgage calculator etc.

Then compare using Zoopla with 20 years ago and when he bought.

Then increase the amounts use an inflation calculator.

If he is right then the cost should be the same pcm in all 3 cases.

Out of interest I would love to see the results.

Interesting fact: nobody in the UK ever drank alcohol before 1980. It is a complete mystery where the thousands of local pubs that are now closing originally came from or who was drinking in them. The fact that these pubs are now closing does not in any way tell you about the relative levels of going out for a drink that happened then versus now.

Edited by Dorkins

Interesting fact: nobody in the UK ever drank alcohol before 1980. It is a complete mystery where the thousands of local pubs that are now closing originally came from or who was drinking in them. The fact that these pubs are now closing does not in any way tell you about the relative levels of going out for a drink that happened then versus now.

Also, they was able to purchase a Family house with 1 full time wage and raise (normally) 2 children, with all the holidays etc. Where now tou need 2 full time above average wages at 4x plus multiple, plus a large deposit and clean banking record to buy a 1 bed shoebox

The beerguts that many Boomer men are waddling around with actually contain tapwater they stored up over decades of intensely frugal living.

Edited by Dorkins

My dad's a hive of information about the old pubs in Liverpool city centre, and especially the now closed ones on the old dock road. Minor miracle as he couldn't possibly have ever gone to them!

My grandparents bought a house right in the centre of one of the UKS most expensive citys on a van drivers wage.

My parents bought a house slightly out of the same city on a tradesmans wage.

Despite earning multiples of the average wage plus my missus working we couldnt afford to rent a one bed shit flat in the same city!

Yet I have to listen to lectures about how i haven't scrimped enough or worked hard enough.

I live for this going tits now.......

My grandparents bought a house right in the centre of one of the UKS most expensive citys on a van drivers wage.

Despite earning multiples of the average wage plus my missus working we couldnt afford to rent a one bed shit flat in the same city!

Yet I have to listen to lectures about how i haven't scrimped enough or worked hard enough.

Me too! I just hope whatever happens, it doesn't take all my savings with it, as they try to prop up the ponzi!

These are the kinds of chats I have ..... am I the only one who lays awake at night too angry to sleep!?!?! Happened last night .... grrrr...

That cheered me up no end. I am really starting to despair about whats happening to prices at the moment. The economy is on its knees and yet the media and many people you meet seem to think its getting better. I live for this going tits now....... should be written on walls all around this country.

I am past playing this game anymore I dont give a f**K

If it needs a banking collapse or a gov collapse to put right I will happily sacrifice. How many of you would lose your savings to see all these people on there ****? I am not buying into there stupid scheme anymore. Even when surrounded by total idiots on half my wage getting into HTB f**k the lot of them.

I passed a point a while ago where i decided I would never buy into the fear I would never sell out and I would ride this bitch as long as it took.

I am also much more prepared, unlike boomers I have had to use intelligence ingenuity and skill to navigate a dwindling jobs market and to manage to eek out a living when the conditions are some of the worst they have been in a long time. I wonder how many of these people will fair without gov bailouts? Well we all know whats coming so lets just see shall we?

I am past playing this game anymore I dont give a f**K

If it needs a banking collapse or a gov collapse to put right I will happily sacrifice. How many of you would lose your savings to see all these people on there ****? I am not buying into there stupid scheme anymore. Even when surrounded by total idiots on half my wage getting into HTB f**k the lot of them.

I passed a point a while ago where i decided I would never buy into the fear I would never sell out and I would ride this bitch as long as it took.

I am also much more prepared, unlike boomers I have had to use intelligence ingenuity and skill to navigate a dwindling jobs market and to manage to eek out a living when the conditions are some of the worst they have been in a long time. I wonder how many of these people will fair without gov bailouts? Well we all know whats coming so lets just see shall we?

This site and quotes like this form a major part of my "therapy". Thanks everyone :)

Me too! I just hope whatever happens, it doesn't take all my savings with it, as they try to prop up the ponzi!

I hope you don't have too much in cash deposits in any EU banks? Google bail-in legislation to find out what I mean. But essentailly there can't be bail-outs next time since the government doesn't have the balance sheet so bail-in are the only option. You need physical gold and a diversified portfolio of global bonds to avoid this.

Edited by bankstersparadise