House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Anyone Here Masturbated A Killer Whale?

'Blackfish - the whale that killed' is a Storyville on BBC4 right now. It is about the whales at Seaworld and looks into the incidents, injuries and deaths of trainers who work with orca killer whales.

Part of the job appears to be masturbating killer whales - which was just shown - in order to get their highly valuable sperm. The whale seemed to be enjoying it. He was lying on his back in the water whilst his willy was out.

If you have not seen this it is well worth watching on iplayer.

Puts a whole new spin on 'free willy'.

Who Dares Wins used to have regular Panda sketches.

In one sketch they wondered whether the keeper who had to do this deed put "Panda Winker" in his passport under "occupation".

Yep watched an hour of it. Had no idea there were quite so many of them.

And still zero recorded in the wild. Pretty clear we simply drive them insane and pay the price. No great shock.

Aside from the masturbating, the doc was actually quite disturbing as it looked into all the incidents of trainers who had been attacked or killed by whales.

Watched this a year or so ago. It was quite shocking seeing some of the footage. Can't remember the masturbating bit though.

We went to Loro Park a few years ago and having seen this now I wouldn't go again.

I also watched it around a year ago and also crystallised my view on these 'parks'

I had to take my son to sea world about 6 years ago and hated every second. I seem to remember the trainers constantly rationalising what they were doing by saying "it's OK, the whales wouldn't be performing if they weren't happy" Which probably irked me more than anything.

Always been a softy for animals, even going to the local pet store for cat food and seeing birds in cages gets me a bit teary :(

I also watched it around a year ago and also crystallised my view on these 'parks'

I had to take my son to sea world about 6 years ago and hated every second. I seem to remember the trainers constantly rationalising what they were doing by saying "it's OK, the whales wouldn't be performing if they weren't happy" Which probably irked me more than anything.

Always been a softy for animals, even going to the local pet store for cat food and seeing birds in cages gets me a bit teary :(

I agree. The other reason to justify the caging of animals too is to stop them becoming extinct. It will not,but they will earn lots of lucre running these businesses.

I also thought many of the "caring" workers interviewed were full of shit.

"I only stayed because I wanted to look after him"

Just ****** off. If you were really bothered you would have left and spilled the beans (Not saying I would but I am not the one on TV pretending I am some sort of saint)

I also found a part of it very interesting in relation to humans.

They were discussing how putting all different 'types' of orca into one 'artifical' grouping to form a 'family' didn't work. They come from different areas - communicate in different 'languages' - and have very different social ways of living together.

When you put them into a small area and expect them all just to get along ? It leads to resentment, anger and ultimately violence.

I couldn't help but think about us humans in exactly the same way - and why it's perfectly OK to say these things in relation to another very smart mammal - but not ourselves ?

Guest eight

They were discussing how putting all different 'types' of orca into one 'artifical' grouping to form a 'family' didn't work. They come from different areas - communicate in different 'languages' - and have very different social ways of living together.

Yet Dory managed it in Finding Nemo and she's not even a whale?

Farmers do bull-w8nking into a special condom.

'Blackfish - the whale that killed' is a Storyville on BBC4 right now. It is about the whales at Seaworld and looks into the incidents, injuries and deaths of trainers who work with orca killer whales.

Part of the job appears to be masturbating killer whales - which was just shown - in order to get their highly valuable sperm. The whale seemed to be enjoying it. He was lying on his back in the water whilst his willy was out.

If you have not seen this it is well worth watching on iplayer.

Puts a whole new spin on 'free willy'.

Blimey, TMT. The lengths you go to to distract HPC's collective attention from your sheep. :wacko: