House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Blokes Having Fun - How Do Women See It.

A lady friend of mine, quite a wise girl, says blokes doing barbecues is bloody marvellous.

The blokes have nothing in common. One carpenter, one dentist, one mechanic, etc. It's marvellous to watch you get on, and burn the sausages. It gives me faith. You are so different and get on so well.

Discuss!

Men are not so bad after all, then. :wacko:

When I read some of the press, I don't know whether I should become a murderer, or rapist.

Men are fire starers. Put us in front of one, give us something to fiddle about with it and we are basically happy. Most men are also able to speak the near universal language of football (not something I've ever managed).

We can bond over uncomplicated stuff basically.

A lady friend of mine, quite a wise girl, says blokes doing barbecues is bloody marvellous.

The blokes have nothing in common. One carpenter, one dentist, one mechanic, etc. It's marvellous to watch you get on, and burn the sausages. It gives me faith. You are so different and get on so well.

Discuss!

Bit of an insight into your friend's relationships with other women.

Basically, women are in this non-stop ultra competitive competition with one another. Men just try to get along and have an easy life.

Very true ^

Just watch wife swap for lots of real life examples. The blokes usually look really embarrassed at the final 'showdown' whilst the burds can't wait to get right at it with each other.

Or don't tell the bride. I had a good idea for a YouTube spoof. "Don't tell the groom".

It would last about 3 minutes compared to an hour.

You got me a second hand suit for my wedding !!

OK then - looks alright actually - cheers darling.

You are having our reception in the local snooker club !!

Quality. Cheap drinks all night and I can stumble home at 2.30am when I am bored - cheers darling.

The end

There's a similar dynamic in a lot of pubs around my way at 6-7.30pm, aka the after work crowd. In one of my old locals, that 90 minutes would see the pub almost entirely patronised by blokes, and you'd see lawyers chatting to street sweepers and everybody getting on brilliantly as equals.

I realise there was an element of chilled out after work pint about it, but I'm pretty sure the all male dynamic was the bigger factor.

Discuss!

Men are not so bad after all, then. :wacko:

When I read some of the press, I don't know whether I should become a murderer, or rapist.

You need to pen an article for the guardian on this matter, Pin!

The female comparison is babies ? Makeup ?

There is no female comparison which is a real pain for many women including my wife 'The term a blokes woman' was always in our circles a compliment to a wife or girlfriend who could join in the banter, knew enough about whatever sport was being discussed and more often than not was ok looking. Which is probably the rub weren't bothered what men didn't think or otherwise about them - self esteem i.e I look ok for mid forties why don't you pull your beer gut in ..

Many of those woman avoid any large group of woman like the plague because of the inane banter, bitchy rivalry and the you can't say that to her ******

It is OK for men in front of other men to burn the sausages on a barbeque because for many men they see cooking as a woman's job.....hot coals and fire are not a thing they see that women can or should be dealing with, they are only trying to be manly and protective....actually men are very good at outside cooking, maybe some of them should practice more on inside cooking they may surprise themselves.

I'm still looking for an excuse to rent a 'Roast Hog' apparatus.

Fire and pig...blokes come from far and wide just to stare at it :)

P

Are we talking about gang rape or dogging here?

Boobs, bottoms and the internal combustion engine.

Scalextric or a train set, I'd be worried about any bloke who didn't like any of those 5 things

Edit : add remote controlled helicopters to that list

Bit of an insight into your friend's relationships with other women.

Basically, women are in this non-stop ultra competitive competition with one another. Men just try to get along and have an easy life.

That's intersting, as she only has 2 female friends.

I'm probably in the minority as I hate barbecues. To me they're a stupid aspirational thing from the 1980s when everyone was trying to pretend they lived in Australia or California rather than Billericay. They stink the place out and the food is either underdone or overdone and you end up with a bit of sausage, some wilted lettuce and a can of Budweiser. Give me a picnic anyday!

I'm probably in the minority as I hate barbecues. To me they're a stupid aspirational thing from the 1980s when everyone was trying to pretend they lived in Australia or California rather than Billericay. They stink the place out and the food is either underdone or overdone and you end up with a bit of sausage, some wilted lettuce and a can of Budweiser. Give me a picnic anyday!

I share that sentiment though it does give a good example of how a bunch of blokes from all walks of life would gather and get along.

Guest eight

Give me a picnic anyday!

Ideally you need a wicker basket and one of those wooden Morris Minors.

Hmm, think I'd prefer the burnt sossage!

CAD17.JPG

Scalextric or a train set, I'd be worried about any bloke who didn't like any of those 5 things

Edit : add remote controlled helicopters to that list

I'm not convinced train sets are a universal joy. Maybe they were in the 1950s before lots of alternatives came along.

Guest eight

I'm not convinced train sets are a universal joy. Maybe they were in the 1950s before lots of alternatives came along.

Please don't diss Reidquat's only pleasure in life.

You need to pen an article for the guardian on this matter, Pin!

I don't think the Guardian will like that. They wan't to see wifebeaters, peadophiles, and murderers.

So there we have it.

Barbecues

Football

Engines

Train Sets

Beer

Boobs and Bottoms

Model Making

Guitars

Audio Equipment

Overpriced Watches

Model Aircraft and Drones

Computers

I'm sure there's a few more I could add.

Sometimes they even make good fathers

I don't think the Guardian will like that. They wan't to see wifebeaters, peadophiles, and murderers.

So there we have it.

Barbecues

Football

Engines

Train Sets

Beer

Boobs and Bottoms

Model Making

Guitars

Audio Equipment

Overpriced Watches

Model Aircraft and Drones

Computers

I'm sure there's a few more I could add.

Sometimes they even make good fathers

Drum kits,

Fishing

Weed (?)

My dad did get me a train set, but I think it was because he wanted one really.

My dad did get me a train set, but I think it was because he wanted one really.

I don't have one but I bet most blokes would gather round one