House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Ashley Madison Hack

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/ashley-madison-website-hacked-hackers-intend-to-sell-online-information-for-huge-profit-10403532.html

A hacked adultery website has left millions of users fearful their marital indiscretions may be publicly exposed as hackers reportedly intended to sell the data to the highest bidder.

The AshleyMadison website, which promised a reported 37 million users complete ‘anonymity’ as they pursued extramarital affairs, was targeted by a group known only as the ‘Impact Team’ who have promised to release users’ information unless the website goes offline.

The self-titled ‘Impact Team’ claimed they had accessed "all the customers' secret sexual fantasies and matching credit card transactions" and were planning to publish the details after the hack last Sunday.

But a ‘hacking insider’ claimed to Sky News that the hackers were “bluffing” and were planning to profit massively from the attack rather than hand out customers’ banking details and personal information.

A blackmailers dream hack?

Clearly an accident waiting to happen, I wonder how many people are panicking now?

Now this is one that will be far more interesting a release than anything Wikileaks ever came up with.

And I suspect that as with all hacked internet data it is purely a matter of time.

Could this be the one thing that might actually make the gold price rise as divorce-fearing partners take their assets off balance sheet?

36 million 900 and 99 thousand of them are the fake profiles that I created. I once ended up having an affair with myself via such a website. :blink:

That's nothing. I once managed to scam myself to pay a release fee for some money in a Dutch bank from a relative I didn't know I had.

I felt such a fool when I realised that the money was mine.

Glad I never fell prey to such weakness...... :ph34r:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/ashley-madison-website-hacked-hackers-intend-to-sell-online-information-for-huge-profit-10403532.html

A hacked adultery website has left millions of users fearful their marital indiscretions may be publicly exposed as it emerged hackers are reportedly looking to sell their data to the highest bidder.

I wonder how many of these 37 million are actual genuine 'cheating' profiles compared to those who just created a profile to have a nose around the site.

It will be interesting to see the male / female ratio also - is this one of those sites where women can join free and men have to pay a hefty fee?

36 million 900 and 99 thousand of them are the fake profiles that I created. I once ended up having an affair with myself via such a website. :blink:

How long did it take you to find out who it wasn't?

I guess there are a few people on the Deluded Old Scrapper Birds on dating sites thread with just a little squeeky bum time? ^_^

I think that's grinder.

(no personal experience, obviously)

Never been tempted by Ashley Madison. If you're in a relationship and it's shite enough you want to cheat, have some balls and leave. It might cost you a bit of money and time, but you only get one life.

I did create a profile on a site like this - don't think it was this one - about 10 years ago. 'Illicit Encounters' seems to ring a bell.

I did so mainly out of being nosey (I tend to create profiles on numerous sites, have a look around and never return.). I recall, at the time, thinking that there was not much to see. In the South Wales area there were, supposedly, around 30 or 40 ladies registered but I had to wonder just how many were genuine, how many were fake, how many were simply women who had just created profiles, like myself, to have a nose.

It was one of these sites where, ahem, women could join for free but they were wanting some ludicrous sum each month from the blokes. I doubted that many men would pay to join up.

But this was all prior to the internet really becoming mainstream so I do wonder just how many genuine profiles exists on such sites nowadays.

Fascinating.

I wonder how many of these 37 million are actual genuine 'cheating' profiles compared to those who just created a profile to have a nose around the site.

It will be interesting to see the male / female ratio also - is this one of those sites where women can join free and men have to pay a hefty fee?

I can think of at least two fake profiles made by a Polish nutter using pictures of me.

I did create a profile on a site like this - don't think it was this one - about 10 years ago. 'Illicit Encounters' seems to ring a bell.

I did so mainly out of being nosey (I tend to create profiles on numerous sites, have a look around and never return.). I recall, at the time, thinking that there was not much to see. In the South Wales area there were, supposedly, around 30 or 40 ladies registered but I had to wonder just how many were genuine, how many were fake, how many were simply women who had just created profiles, like myself, to have a nose.

It was one of these sites where, ahem, women could join for free but they were wanting some ludicrous sum each month from the blokes. I doubted that many men would pay to join up.

But this was all prior to the internet really becoming mainstream so I do wonder just how many genuine profiles exists on such sites nowadays.

Fascinating.

Did you join as male or female?

2559.jpg?w=300&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Reps claim system is ‘completely secured’ and hackers ‘weren’t successful’, while denying more than 2,500 customer records have been released

I stalked myself for 6 months, sent myself abusive texts and went on facebook to slag myself off.

That's all well and good Mr Tulip - but were there any actual negative effects...?

;)

XYY

Ottawans Outed - 1 In 5 Found To Be "Cheating Dirtbags Who Deserve No Discretion"

20150722_ash.jpg

Canada's capital city, Ottawa, is, as MSN reports, also it's most potentially adulterous. Around 1 in 5 of the population is registered on Ashley Madison - the recently hacked social network for married people looking for an affair. The hotbed of infidelity was also the seat of power: The top postal code for new members matched that of Parliament Hill, according to Avid Live chief executive Noel Biderman in a newspaper report published earlier this year.

Ottawans Outed - 1 In 5 Found To Be "Cheating Dirtbags Who Deserve No Discretion"

20150722_ash.jpg

Canada's capital city, Ottawa, is, as MSN reports, also it's most potentially adulterous. Around 1 in 5 of the population is registered on Ashley Madison - the recently hacked social network for married people looking for an affair. The hotbed of infidelity was also the seat of power: The top postal code for new members matched that of Parliament Hill, according to Avid Live chief executive Noel Biderman in a newspaper report published earlier this year.

Have the hackers revealed the whole membership, or are they releasing data analytics? Odd