House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thecrashingisles

Demi Moore In Barrymore Incident

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33593611

US actress Demi Moore has expressed "absolute shock'' after a man drowned in a pool at her Los Angeles home.

Edenilson Steven Valle's body was found floating in the pool on Sunday. The star - who was away at the time - said this was an "unthinkable tragedy".

Mr Valle , 21, is believed to have been a member of the household staff. Relatives reportedly told investigators he could not swim.

It is thought he may have fallen into the pool during a party.

Moore, 52, said in a statement: "My heart goes out to this young man's family and friends."

Los Angeles County coroner's Fred Corral said Mr Valle, had been missing for 10 or 15 minutes before his friends found him floating in the deep end of the pool early on Sunday morning.

Emergency crews were called to the house in the city's Beverly Crest neighbourhood. Paramedics treated the man but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Party, alcohol couldn't swim ect accident waiting to happen.

Probably happens every day, the fact it was at Demo Moore's gaff made it newsworthy

It's quite regular to find dead things in a swimming pool, usuallly guests full of beer. :blink:

Is a Demi Moore incident about half as serious as a Barrymore incident?

Genius :)

Party, alcohol couldn't swim ect accident waiting to happen.

Probably happens every day, the fact it was at Demo Moore's gaff made it newsworthy

To be honest, alochol and pools don't mix. If you are hammered and can't walk, you are going to have bugger all chance of swimming even if you know how too.

Barrymore and Moore...? William Shatner boldy went finding bodies in his pool long before either of them two amateurs...

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/aug/11/local/me-64692

According to Los Angeles police, Shatner, 68, returned home from a trip to Orange County at

10:15 p.m. Monday to find his wife motionless at the bottom of the deep end of their outdoor pool.

He dived in the water, pulled her out and tried to revive her, authorities said.

Paramedics arrived shortly afterward at the gated white house in the 3600 block of Berry Drive

but were unable to revive Nerine Shatner.

XYY

Having been born in California, I don't think that I've ever met anyone in the entire state who doesn't know how to swim, as being able to swim outdoors most of the year is the entire point of the state. This is probably no less questionable than the Barrymore incident.

Did Patrick Moore or Dudley Moore have swimming pools? :ph34r:

Would you roger in Roger Moore's?

Having been born in California, I don't think that I've ever met anyone in the entire state who doesn't know how to swim, as being able to swim outdoors most of the year is the entire point of the state. This is probably no less questionable than the Barrymore incident.

What will they do when the water runs out?

"There has been an accident".

I struggle to imagine Demi Moore holding someone's head underwater and drowning them in her own swimming pool.