House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steppenpig

Family And Other Crazies

The perimeter of my mother's garden has (from outside inwards) a fence, a dyke (originally dry stone wall), a hedge, a grassy strip, and then another hedge.

I think she has anxiety issues.

Next!

(If you're wondering why I am smirking to myself, I have an unbeatable joker)

So if I'm reading this right, then yer mother's an anxious dyke with a bigger fence than you...?

Sounds pretty much like "1st-world problems" affecting you there if you ask me like Steppy...

;)

XYY

My Nan used to live in a bungalow on a fairly crappy housing estate.

What was true was that kids would occasionally climb up and run over the roof since it was completely flat. I now find myself wondering how the water drained.

However the place was never burgled. Despite that the front door had four locks and a chain.

My Nan used to live in a bungalow on a fairly crappy housing estate.

What was true was that kids would occasionally climb up and run over the roof since it was completely flat. I now find myself wondering how the water drained.

However the place was never burgled. Despite that the front door had four locks and a chain.

Sounds like her roof had been nicked.

Can't think of one.

Friend's relative didn't do anything to the house she lived in with her father after he died. She died last year and there were big trees growing up through the drive.

Sad rather than crazy.

OK, another sad one: a distant relative of mine gradually filled her house with junk (we're talking Hoarders, Buried Alive here) and ended up living in her car parked out front in the street. Shortly afterwards she got carted off to an old people's home where she continued to gather junk around her until finally expiring aged 90.

My great uncle worked for an engineering firm in the 50 /60s.

They were having a machine weighing several tonnes installed, and he was keeping a close eye on it being craned to a level position.

When a few inches from the ground, he noticed a small bit of grit underneath it. He went to swipe it away, but the machine dropped at that moment, and crushed one of the ends of his fingers.

The amputated fingers' skin failed to heal over a small bit of bone, protruding from the end. He was kept waiting for a hospital operation to remove it .

So he thought sod it, went into his tool shed and chopped it off with a chisel himself. It healed over, so he never went to hospital .

:blink:

Was at a family wedding, large country house, marquee, lots of drink, sun shining, everyone got pleasantly merry. Bride's father was laying on his back on the lawn waving at everyone. Family kept waving back. Died of a heart attack.

This has taken a darker turn than I had in mind. I shall have to reveal my joker to lighten the mood: my mother has a fitted carpet in her kitchen.

Ok, they're carpet tiles really, but they've never been changed.