House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DTMark

Slideshow Creation

I need to create a very basic slideshow at a certain size (h x w). I've created the "frames" in Photoshop - seven images.

I thought making a slideshow video from this would be easy but I can't work out how to do this.

I can use Windows Movie Maker but the portal/screen size has to be one of two choices which match TV sizes. The presentation then ends up downscaled and centred within that portal size.

I need a piece of kit that takes the 7 images at 650 wide by 850 high and creates a presentation that's 650 x 850.

I can see free downloads on the net except they're not free / embed watermarks etc. and I honestly cannot see myself having the need to do this again in a hurry.

About the only actual setting that I need to control is the frame delay before it moves to the next one. Nothing much else. Any ideas..

I need to create a very basic slideshow at a certain size (h x w). I've created the "frames" in Photoshop - seven images.

I thought making a slideshow video from this would be easy but I can't work out how to do this.

I can use Windows Movie Maker but the portal/screen size has to be one of two choices which match TV sizes. The presentation then ends up downscaled and centred within that portal size.

I need a piece of kit that takes the 7 images at 650 wide by 850 high and creates a presentation that's 650 x 850.

I can see free downloads on the net except they're not free / embed watermarks etc. and I honestly cannot see myself having the need to do this again in a hurry.

About the only actual setting that I need to control is the frame delay before it moves to the next one. Nothing much else. Any ideas..

Adobe premier? Using a hammer to crack a nut, but it'll do the job

Don't forget, a rogue slide, of a naked lady, enlivens any presentation.

Also get a laser pointer and pretend you're the Predator.

I managed to delegate this in the end and I'm not sure how they did it, but it's done now - thanks all.

I saw a video of the presentation running in Central London. In one set of premises.

It was a bit like the moment that the contestants in "The Apprentice" saw their fruit based drinks ads on the massive digital billboard in New York, but somewhat smaller and less impressive in scale.

Sony Vegas 11 is pretty useful for future reference. It's dead easy to learn, and it costs £20 for the full version from Amazon. There are plenty of beginners videos on Youtube about getting started - that's how I learned, I didn't read any of the manual. I create Youtube videos using it now.

Putting in slides, adding music, graphics, and then compiling it to a mp3 video (upto 1080p) is one of things it can easily do. If you do a lot of presentations it is handy, as you can record your voice using a dictaphone, and put it in with the slides. Record once, and you can play it to one audience after another - perhaps I could set up some Inside Track how to make a million from property workshops! LOL