House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

I Wonder If The Police Will Investigate These Sexual Assault Crimes...

If a skirt works for a blurk, I might try it! :blink:

women are incapable of sexual assault...check your white male privilege. the oppressed cannot be oppressors.

Well well well. Watched the report on the Scottish news. Whilst trying to be serious - there was a very definite 'giggling' background impression present.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-33569027

I happened to catch that piece on the news last night too. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was very clear from the tone that it was meant as a light hearted story. They portrayed it as women just having a laugh.

Yet if the roles where reversed that news story would be shot from outside a court house giving the details of how many years the man would be serving for sexual assault. The news piece played this story off as a little bit of sexism coming from a minority of women who were spoiling it for the rest of the women.

I am so conditioned to just let this type of casual sexual inequality wash over me that it doesn't really bother me usually such as the diet coke adverts. But this was sexual assault being perpetrated by women on men and the BBC thought it was just a laugh.

You'd have to be off your rocker to pay a licence fee.

women are incapable of sexual assault...check your white male privilege. the oppressed cannot be oppressors.

Yes, this idea has been around for decades. It first surfaced, I think, when women started going to see male strippers. The feminists had to portray this as 'empowering' etc and nothing to do with sexual arousal. They don't seem to notice the irony that 'it's just a laugh' was the defence used by men for the same sort of behaviour towards women.

IMHO Men prize women for their sexuality, women prize men for their money and power.

So when a group of women leer over a man personaly I don't see it in the same way as a group of men leering over a woman.

Only the feminists claim men and women are the same, from the neck up. If you accept that men and women are different, then its easy to see why this situation is not the same if the genders were reversed.

What is the issue?

The men can make a complaint of sexual assault and it should be investigated by the police. The elements necessary for the crime of sexual assault are equally applicable to men and women.

Would you rather police investigations were instigated by tv reports?

What is the issue?

The men can make a complaint of sexual assault and it should be investigated by the police. The elements necessary for the crime of sexual assault are equally applicable to men and women.

Would you rather police investigations were instigated by tv reports?

While I agree with you to a certain extent the issue is a bit deeper. It's often said that lots of rapes go unreported because the victim feels they will not be believed or taken seriously (an old mind set IMO, it's totally switched the other way). I'm pretty sure that at least some of the men involved here feel they have actually been assaulted, but the attitude portrayed in the news report is a demonstration about the issue in wider society. If any of these men did report it as sexual assault it wouldn't be treated seriously by the police.

You can be pretty sure if it was the other way around that, yes the police would investigate, regardless of an actual complaint.

Very true ^

This story is on the TV, CCTV footage can confirm it - yet no complaints have been made.

Now from recent 'rape' cases where some blokes appear to have been done up like a kipper - there was also NO complaint from the alleged 'victim'.

So the very obvious question is this - why are the Police not investigating these incidents - when they have decided it's in the public interests to investigate others ?

Think of the T in the park video bottling incident from last week - no complaint was made - but as it was made public the Police decided to investigate - and now someone has been arrested.

The sexism against men today when it comes to the law - is pretty repugnant.

Very true ^

This story is on the TV, CCTV footage can confirm it - yet no complaints have been made.

Now from recent 'rape' cases where some blokes appear to have been done up like a kipper - there was also NO complaint from the alleged 'victim'.

So the very obvious question is this - why are the Police not investigating these incidents - when they have decided it's in the public interests to investigate others ?

Think of the T in the park video bottling incident from last week - no complaint was made - but as it was made public the Police decided to investigate - and now someone has been arrested.

Most men aren't "ripists" !

Very true ^

The law (in sexual assault) as I have said, is very even handed

But I agree with you that the issue is policing:

The police should act in an even handed manner when a complaint is made BY THE VICTIM, irrespective of the sex of the victim

and

the police should not react to seeing stuff on the telly

I think it is just down to sh!t policing (rather than sexism) - in much the same way that rape (female) victims were not taken seriously in the 70's and 80's until there was a concerted effort to 'educate' the police

And shit decisions by the CPS also.

It is still 'sexism' though- even if its mainly men doing it due to the overall desperation in this country to go after blokes more than women for certain crimes.

And shit decisions by the CPS also.

It is still 'sexism' though- even if its mainly men doing it due to the overall desperation in this country to go after blokes more than women for certain crimes.

Agreed the Criminal Persecution Service are an absolute shower of excrement

Also, the police tend to go after men more often as they prefer the low hanging fruit; sub-consciously, if any of us were on a jury, a guilty for any kind of sex crime would come more easily if the defendant was a man as opposed to a woman - so it makes Plod's stats sheet look good.