House Price Crash Forum
overlander

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

14 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

spyguy's posts are not always perfectly typed but the meaning is generally clear.

Thanks for that

1 hour ago, Ah-so said:

spyguy's posts are not always perfectly typed but the meaning is generally clear.

I always wonder if the typos are to defeat any Orwellian AI software that tracks posters on online forums by their posting style.

1 hour ago, Will! said:

I always wonder if the typos are to defeat any Orwellian AI software that tracks posters on online forums by their posting style.

It's actually pretty easy to spot a spyguy post - you don't need AI to spot them.

On 15/03/2019 at 12:45, spyguy said:

LL with rental of 15+ years probably dont have a mortgage.

LL with rentals 2002ish typically do - IO as well.

As far as numbers the UK private rental sector more than tripled from 2002, so Id say the majority of LL have mortgages.

The majority of landlords wanted mortgages until it pays them not to.....build the debt up, draw it down.;)

5 hours ago, thewig said:

Are most of your posts made whilst driving? 

Nope.

Frolicking with Victoria Secret models.

2 hours ago, spyguy said:

Nope.

Frolicking with Victoria Secret models.

I blo0dy knew it ! 😆😆😆

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/neighbour-from-hell-disgusting-home-2651394

The disgusting home of 'neighbour from hell' which will cost £25,000 to repair

Katie Bentley has been forced out of her property following a lengthy battle with the landlord and the courts

There is a video entitled "INSIDE THE DISGUSTING HOUSE WHICH COST LANDLORD £25K". Well, what did the landlord expect if the house only cost £25K to buy - a palace? :D

2 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/neighbour-from-hell-disgusting-home-2651394

There is a video entitled "INSIDE THE DISGUSTING HOUSE WHICH COST LANDLORD £25K". Well, what did the landlord expect if the house only cost £25K to buy - a palace? :D

Never, ever ever, buy rental in areas where there are spare council/social  houses.

Ull/Bramsholme  is one place. As more most large northern urban area.

Speaking earlier this year Miss Bentley said: "While I was in prison my windows got smashed by smackheads. All the loud noises the neighbours hear is me getting beaten up. It’s me shouting for help.

Looking at pccies, he got away lightly - just damage and muck.

Some of these places will be stripped of the plumbing.

These LL arep penny pinching idiots.

Had shower and a think.

That 500/m rent will be right on the LHA. 6k/y

What are the two options here:

25k cash purchase. Looking for a ~20% yield.

10k down, 15k IO mortgage - so looking for a 60% yield.

13 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

if you watch the video, he says they took all the pipes and the boiler!

Ahh. good.

Iwas worried that the Ull scum might have been a bit slow.

25k house with ~15k of fixtures and fittings.

Anyone know whats going to happen next?

15 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Ahh. good.

Iwas worried that the Ull scum might have been a bit slow.

25k house with ~15k of fixtures and fittings.

Anyone know whats going to happen next?

It doesn’t say the house cost £25k.  It says the 25k is what it will cost to repair the damage.  And it’s a misleading headline because it won’t cost the landlord that much, it says the insurance will cover it.

2 hours ago, elephant said:

It doesn’t say the house cost £25k.  It says the 25k is what it will cost to repair the damage.  And it’s a misleading headline because it won’t cost the landlord that much, it says the insurance will cover it.

In my experience insurance premiums usually rise after things like this so you end up paying some of the cost back.

1 hour ago, iamnumerate said:

In my experience insurance premiums usually rise after things like this so you end up paying some of the cost back.

Agreed.  But it’s not going to cost the landlord £25k to fix as the clickbait headline suggests.

6 hours ago, elephant said:

Agreed.  But it’s not going to cost the landlord £25k to fix as the clickbait headline suggests.

I agree it is a very nice and polite board today, every since I put a certain prat on ignore this board is great.

On 15/03/2019 at 20:45, elephant said:

Was a bit muddled like most of your posts!  Fat fingers or lazy proof reading?! ;) 

Possibly just pissed.

13 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

I agree it is a very nice and polite board today, every since I put a certain prat on ignore this board is great.

Must’ve been a hell of a prat

Come on chaps, we need more content for this party thread. The party's still going!

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/buytolet/article-6855319/Whats-best-way-create-income-property.html

The odious hateful phrase "nest egg" does NOT appear in the article ONCE! That is proof we have turned the corner!

I love this graph

8399132-6855319-Source_UK_Finance_Shawbr

Edited by mrtickle

1 hour ago, mrtickle said:

Come on chaps, we need more content for this party thread. The party's still going!

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/buytolet/article-6855319/Whats-best-way-create-income-property.html

The odious hateful phrase "nest egg" does NOT appear in the article ONCE! That is proof we have turned the corner!

I love this graph

8399132-6855319-Source_UK_Finance_Shawbr

Nest egg to large brown trouser egg.

All with one simple tax clarification.

Any bank that is not looking at slight posdibilty of PM McDonnell and their large BTL portfolio without thinking 'How do i get this junk off my books ASAP' is an idiot.

Io btl svr - starting at 8%.....

4 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

1182125558_Section24Plan_UK_Finance_Shawbrook_Bank-annotated.png.ceaaa3af1ab1aeddd30aa4cd738d1a5f.png

Where’s the line where the rents just get banged up to compensate the DEBTjunkie scumbags?