House Price Crash Forum

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

HOLA441
HOLA442
1 hour ago, btl_hater said:

Who wouldn't want to employ a severe narcissist with a superiority complex? 

im sure we meet these types of people in the work place all the time, however i do know plenty with a superiority complex where getting into BTL was less about ever making any money, but more about being able to bang on about 'my portfolio', and say things like 'i dont really need this job, im also big in property'.

of course those morons were slaves to their own vision of self worth. they were perfect candidates for taking on everyones negative equity and repairing the banks balance sheets, a politically perfect group of people to take the fall for all of us. rare that you get mugs walking into a trap so easily laid. 

HOLA443

On the 'Who to vote for when all major parties want you bankrupt' thread over at PovertyLater:

Anne Nixon says:

29/04/2017 at 22:59

I’m still struggling to resign myself to voting for any of them yet – would hate to spoil my vote
but . . . .

For what it’s worth I believe the Conservatives made a mistake when they rushed in S24. As we know it was thrown together by a 20 something intern and most of the MPs didn’t understand it / weren’t interested (hence they all resorted to the ‘level playing field’ script).
They probably thought the furore would soon die down and people would accept it.

To be able to backtrack on it won’t be easy, as to be seen to favour landlords wouldn’t look good. They would have to come up with a creative explanation so that a) they don’t lose face and B) they can make out they are doing it to benefit a section of society other than landlords (tenants or the housing market or FTBs etc).

I’d like to think they would give us a sign that they are at least thinking along those lines, otherwise I’m afraid it will have to be a spoiled ballot paper for me, much as that goes against the grain.

(Emphasis added)

Ian Hamilton says:

30/04/2017 at 10:23

Reply to the comment left by “Anne Nixon” at “29/04/2017 – 22:59“:

Anne, I think our only hope is for the government to introduce S24 going forwards only and scrap the retrospective element. Let’s all push for that!

giphy.gif

HOLA444
HOLA445
2 hours ago, Pumpkin Muad'Dib said:

On the 'Who to vote for when all major parties want you bankrupt' thread over at PovertyLater:

(Emphasis added)

giphy.gif

It's not just a thread - it's a poll.

And you don't need to be a member to vote in that poll...

Current results standings show Conservative, the party that introduced S24 in the first place, winning by a nose.

Would be interesting if they got more votes on that thread and won by a landslide, don't you think?

;);)

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/meandmymoney/article-4458368/Sian-Lloyd-tripled-money-property.html

''I am not interested in the stock market': TV presenter SIAN LLOYD on how she tripled her money on property investments in Wales'

'Buying property. I own a three-bedroom house in Penarth, a suburb of Cardiff, which I bought when I was 24 for £21,000.

I have no idea what it is worth now but it will be in the hundreds of thousands of pounds. I rent it out so I get an income as well as benefiting from its capital appreciation. I bought it in what is now a great location because the Cardiff bay area has since been developed.'

Fckme, Masked Tulip must be loaded.

'No and I never have. I have only ever invested in property and I have always done well out of it. When I get really old, my earnings will be property dependent.

I am not interested in the stock market – I am not a gambler.'

'But she loves property. The savvy 58-year-old has tripled her money on long-term property investments in Wales, one of which is a three-bedroom house she bought for just £21,000.'

Ho wants to tell her. Both the 'tripled' bit and the 'get old' bit.

'Three. My six-bedroom home in the heart of rural Wales which has 20 acres of land. Then my buy-to-let property in Penarth and I have just bought a two-bedroom flat in London’s Kensington.

I bought my country home in 2004 for about £200,000. It used to be two old cottages which I joined together by building a glass extension that overlooks my land. I have no idea what it is worth, but I would guess it has probably tripled in value. But that is irrelevant because I am never going to sell it.'

HOLA4411

Bish-Bash-Bosh is now being educated by another BTLer, and she doesn't seem to like it.

Given the number of properties and the levels of BTL debt/involvement, on the people-farming, with such a clear tax-advantage over would-be OO, it was incumbent upon BTLers to make themselves informed, as the sensible position imo.

Not just totally ignore it...... zero interest in such matters, in the land-of-infinite-fun, and all-about-me. 

Snippets

“Being able to deduct finance costs to arrive at profit is not an incentive. It was a central tenet of tax law for centuries until it was removed this month”

No, it wasn’t. Your argument would be stronger if your facts were right. For a start we have only had income tax in the UK since 1842 (apart from a couple of short periods earlier that century). Secondly most landlords have only been treated as businesses and thus been able to deduct finance costs since 1963.

You may be right – I admit I am not a historian of tax law; in fact I had zero interest in anything pertaining to tax before Section 24 was announced and so I took the word of ICAEW that it was centuries old rather than over a century and a half old. I would imagine finance costs in rental businesses were not deductible (if indeed that was the case) because there was no such thing as the buy-to-let mortgage until much later than 1963 so most landlords would have owned one or two properties outright unless they were very rich and owned even more properties outright. 

more (and additional explanation re tax from perspective of another BTLer)....... https://www.property118.com/joseph-rowntree-foundation-report-prs-lessons-ireland-landlords-perspective/98046/#comment-90088

HOLA4412
37 minutes ago, spyguy said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/meandmymoney/article-4458368/Sian-Lloyd-tripled-money-property.html

'No and I never have. I have only ever invested in property and I have always done well out of it. When I get really old, my earnings will be property dependent.

Quote from comments: "Her income is paid for by council tax having to subsidise tenants because the rents are sky high for pure profit."

Fellow Baby Boomers who aren't rich can thank the likes of her when they get too old to look after themselves and there's not enough money to pay for care.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4413
48 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Quote from comments: "Her income is paid for by council tax having to subsidise tenants because the rents are sky high for pure profit."

Fellow Baby Boomers who aren't rich can thank the likes of her when they get too old to look after themselves and there's not enough money to pay for care.

cognitive dissonance....

" says it is primarily down to the money lessons her parents taught her as a child."

" That it was not to be squandered. I was taught not to live beyond my means and I never have. My parents were teachers and very inventive at finding affordable ways of providing for me, my brother and sister"

and yet....

" It was a Dolce & Gabbana leopard skin coat I purchased in Paris in 2007. It cost £2,500 and I still wear it to this day." Yup very financially savvy

" I went through a stupid period of excess when I bought a brand new Renault 5 GT Turbo every year." jesus!

" spends hundreds of pounds a month driving from London to Cardiff – and back again – to get her hair blow-dried by her favourite Welsh hairdresser. But she insists it is worth every penny."

"

and What is your number one financial priority?

"To make sure I have enough money to maintain my current standard of lifestyle whatever happens in the future." so ****** everyone else and maintain the price of my assets.

The things i as well when you know folks are maybe having a tough time to boast about your spending like that is a real cunty thing to do. It is classless and there is a lack of humility  too. If I had made out like a bandit no-one would know let alone a national newspaper but there is nothing like ego to make you do stupid shit and show off.

Next months headline will read "Beloved welsh news girl in burglarly terror" and everyone will wonder why it happened.

FFS

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

''I am not interested in the stock market': TV presenter SIAN LLOYD on how she tripled her money on property investments in Wales'

'Buying property. I own a three-bedroom house in Penarth, a suburb of Cardiff, which I bought when I was 24 for £21,000.

I have no idea what it is worth now but it will be in the hundreds of thousands of pounds. I rent it out so I get an income as well as benefiting from its capital appreciation. I bought it in what is now a great location because the Cardiff bay area has since been developed.'

Fckme, Masked Tulip must be loaded.

Patronising lying bitch. Penarth is its own town between Barry and Cardiff and it is most certainly NOT a "suburb of Cardiff".  

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
11 hours ago, Sandwiches33 said:

The things i as well when you know folks are maybe having a tough time to boast about your spending like that is a real ***** thing to do.

One can defeat the profanity filter by preferring an adjectival form? This revelation reveals much of my earlier work around this imagined rule to be life-wastery.

The repeated emoticon rule has gone. An adjectival swear-fest is on the cards.

Is nothing sacred?

What's next in this parade of madness? Falling house prices?

Edited by Pumpkin Muad'Dib

HOLA4418

Labour's pledge to introduce new restrictions on landlords will no doubt wind up the landlords, but the Conservatives gave already spoken out against it. I notice that Gavin Barwell has described it as a "tenants' tax" - a phrase that surely owes its origin to the 118 campaign. Interesting how these phrases seep into the lexicon, even if used slightly differently. 

"But Tory housing minister Gavin Barwell said licensing landlords would amount to a "tenants' tax", as the cost of the licences would be passed on in higher rent."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39767961

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
59 minutes ago, Blod said:

That's going to windup Roz no end.

Actually, it only took a minute, so I sent this off to Gav:                                
'Dear Mr Barwell.
I just read the following report:

Labour pledges 'tougher' standards for rented houses - BBC News

Labour pledges 'tougher' standards for rented houses - BBC News
Landlords who fail to meet new minimum standards would face fines of up to £100,000.

Putting aside for a moment the Labour nonsense, you need to remember that not only does licensing constitute a 'tenant tax' but so does Section 24 - and the effects of Section 24 will be - and are already being - felt everywhere and not just in licensed properties.

It really is time that you pushed to get the Government to shift further in favour of private rented housing to include the landlords who provide 90% of the rented housing of this country - and not just the institutions, some of which, outrageously, are Tory Party donors and most of which are only going to cater for select types of tenant in niche markets.

Please let me know if you have made any leeway  on this.
Yours sincerely 
Dr Rosalind Beck

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
9 hours ago, Pumpkin Muad'Dib said:

One can defeat the profanity filter by preferring an adjectival form? This revelation reveals much of my earlier work around this imagined rule to be life-wastery.

The repeated emoticon rule has gone. An adjectival swear-fest is on the cards.

Is nothing sacred?

What's next in this parade of madness? Falling house prices?

:lol:

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
On 2017-4-29 at 6:42 PM, Venger said:

Still I am wary of the 'disease' reference, if it was in anyway associated to an individual.  

Difficult to tell from that Twitter exchange.  

On first look does look like the Twitter-individual claimed that for BTLers/BTLing in general (okay with me), but others took it personally.

I'm okay with BTL as a disease on society.

There is a lot to be frustrated about, but we still have to carry ourselves well.  That is the way to win, for otherwise...

(Emphasis added)

Agree 100%.

At this stage of things I reckon we ought to just enjoy the dross that is being offered as entertainment and not worry about its purveyor's intent. Given that Ros has reportedly been active on the Shelter facebook page there's no reason to suppose that the following relates to anyone connected with the forum, and I hope that it doesn't:

Dr Rosalind Beck says:

01/05/2017 at 12:07

Someone called Simon Smith just contacted me via FB to call me a parasite. I presume that he is using his real name when sending hateful emails to women who are not hiding get behind pseudonyms. So anyone know who this charming man might be? I may be forward and ask him out on a date.

Other people will have their own take on it but mine is that we need to hear as much as possible from Dross Bosher. As has been pointed out on here more that once she is a non-stop PR disaster for buy-to-let. With a bit more profile she could be the next Fergus Wilson. If anyone wants to see fewer Get Rich Quick merchant leveraged landlords then they could do a great deal worse than simply letting Bosher be Bosher.

Looking forward, I think we need to be humane. There's ample evidence of somebody who is not in a great place. The line from the Eels song that "things won't get better until they get much worse" seems relevant here. We probably need to be increasingly measured in how we poke fun, even here on this thread, and FWIW I'd beg other posters to leave her alone via other social media channels.