House Price Crash Forum
overlander

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

It seems like more attempts to try and influence the composition of the government are likely to ensue.

Crashmonitor has already started the Leadsom love-in today in OT I think. Even though Dorkins has outed her as a BTLer.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/210327-andrea-leadsom/page-2#entry1102972707

Edited by 24 year mortgage 8itch

Crashmonitor has already started the Leadsom love-in today in OT I think. Even though Dorkins has outed her as a BTLer.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/210327-andrea-leadsom/page-2#entry1102972707

Bl**dy hell.

Fvking hell. Andrea Leadsom suggesting to David Miles that not cutting rates further is favouring savers over borrowers.

Sounds like a perfect choice to completely destroy what's left of the economy.

The boys in off topic are become increasingly poor judges of character.

(And why did the thought suddenly occur to me that you could be Mrs dorkins????)

:lol:

I'm not, though I'm sure Mrs Dorkins is lovely and that's therefore a flattering comparison.

Did anyone else notice that the lovely landlords over at 118 voted 59% in favour of brexit?

www.property118.com/eu-referendum-how-landlords-voted/88090/

They all unintentionally ruined their ballot papers by signing them instead of marking with a cross.

It's force of habit. If they are ever offered a pencil or a pen they immediately begin signing anything and everything they can get their hands on in the hope that they'll consequently be handed £150,000 financed on interest-only terms.

Somebody handed this investor a pen when he had his shirt off and he started signing himself.

Memento%201.jpg

They all unintentionally ruined their ballot papers by signing them instead of marking with a cross.

It's force of habit. If they are ever offered a pencil or a pen they immediately begin signing anything and everything they can get their hands on in the hope that they'll consequently be handed £150,000 financed on interest-only terms.

Somebody handed this investor a pen when he had his shirt off and he started signing himself.

Memento%201.jpg

Haha these DEBTjunkies have a saying: If it doesn't move - put a signature on it.

Momento great film btw

Holy cow, has anyone seen this article in the telegraph?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/27/britains-biggest-landlord-caught-in-brexit-turmoil---as-he-attem/

What an odious asshat. "BTL won't be affected" - yeah OK then...

Good spot. Refers to himself as a vulture. I would say fair play, but I know he is saying it with an element of conceit and pride.

"Won't impact the prices of buy to let houses" says the man trying to sell a BTL portfolio - so no conflict of interest then?

Edited by Phil321

Good spot. Refers to himself as a vulture. I would say fair play, but I know he is saying it with an element of conceit and pride.

"Won't impact the prices of buy to let houses" says the man trying to sell a BTL portfolio - so no conflict of interest then?

No concept of markets and how supply + demand affect prices.

Is it worth flagging this kind of activity to the party itself?

Dr Rosalind Beck 28/06/2016 at 12:53

If you wish to have a say in who becomes the next leader of the Conservative Party (and therefore also influence trying to get shot of GO as Chancellor as well, potentially), you will need to grit your teeth, take a stiff drink and join the Party. This must be done without delay – only those who join before 1st of July will be eligible to vote. It would also be worth seeing if any family members are willing (especially if you offer to pay for them). It costs £25 or less, depending. Here is the link:

https://www.conservatives.com/join

Dr Rosalind Beck 28/06/2016 at 13:04

Reply to the comment left by “Dr Rosalind Beck .” at “28/06/2016 – 12:53“:

My two children have also just become members simple-smile.png . It is only £5 each for ‘under 23s.’ There doesn’t seem to be a lower age limit. So you know what you have to do – get the kids on board. Once the leadership election is over they can cancel their memberships.

I read elsewhere that the deadline to join the Tory party in time for a September leadership vote was actually 1st June?

Also - wonder how Busta Malta works if Brits' freedom to roam the EU is curtailed?

The Conservative party constitution states that to be entitled to vote, they must have been "members of the Party from the time of the call for nominations" and that they must have been members "for at least three months immediately prior to the close of the ballot for the election of the Leader".

It was reported by the Telegraph on Sunday that the Conservative party was moving to stop "entryist" activists from signing up as members .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/google-searches-skyrocket-how-join-8292973

Got to hand it to her. She sure knows how to lose money and squander her children's inheritance.

They didn't feature very highly in her fantasy about handling insolvency by living in a caravan and baking all day.

More seriously, using her son's YouTube account to post comments and then signing him up to the Conservative Party in a failed attempt to stuff ballots. Is this really the work of somebody who is keeping things in context and exercising good judgement?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tax/news/exposed-the-tax-avoidance-schemes-luring-landlords-hit-by-new-3p/

A nice reminder to all those at Property118 pushing stamp duty tax avoidance schemes.

"But HMRC has warned such schemes generally do not work and are classed as tax avoidance, saying individuals found to be partaking in them may be forced to pay 100 per cent of the original tax due plus interest, leaving them significantly worse off."

From the article:

An HMRC spokesman said: "These kinds of schemes don't work. We have investigated thousands of cases since 2013, bringing in over £200m in SDLT. These individuals have had to pay 100 per cent of the original tax due plus interest.

...and may they continue to investigate many, many more :)

I have already alerted HMRC to the avoidance scheme being touted on 118. It had all the hallmarks of a classic avoidance scheme that would retrospectively be declared invalid.

I was keen to make sure that this happens sooner rather than later and ideally prevent a few transactions occurring in the first place.