House Price Crash Forum
overlander

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

Undeterred: buy-to-let investors adopt new strategies

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy/undeterred-buy-to-let-investors-adopt-new-strategies/

Mr Adamson added: Property is a tangible asset which people understand. Prices are going up and the demand is strong. It makes sense for anyone who isnt an investment expert to put their money into property.

Absolute parasites, boasting about 'owning' multiple properties and talking about a shortage of homes without caring that they are the reason prices have become unaffordable for the average person. Seriously what has this country come to when a house is seen as a get rich quick scheme? An entire generation being screwed by the greed of these utter morons.

****** me this is like a zombie plague

Rantnrave, probably no consolation if you're outside London, but I've tracked down the LSL report that made this 'rents up' news last week. The sneaky gets waited a few days to post it on their website and meanwhile all the publications I read that covered it reported LSL's angle.

However, it shows London rents dropped 0.2% in a month (LLs failing in their master strategy of 'just put the rents up innit') and are only up 2% in a year.

O37L7D8.jpg

Full report can be found here: http://www.lslps.co.uk/documents/buy_to_let_index_apr16.pdf

Do we know anyone with rental properties in Wales?

These Borrow-to-let DEBTjunkies all have a certain look about them don't they. Some kind of sneering deluded smugness I can't quite place, presumably borne from borrowing shtloads of DEBT against loads of shtty houses during the runup to the peak of the greatest megabubble in history. They've become convinced they are clever I reckon.

I imagine the dutch tulip speculators of the 1600's had a similar misplaced swagger right up until the point they realised they were the greatest fools of the century.

A supreme description of the tw@ts

Rantnrave, probably no consolation if you're outside London, but I've tracked down the LSL report that made this 'rents up' news last week. The sneaky gets waited a few days to post it on their website and meanwhile all the publications I read that covered it reported LSL's angle.

However, it shows London rents dropped 0.2% in a month (LLs failing in their master strategy of 'just put the rents up innit') and are only up 2% in a year.

O37L7D8.jpg

Full report can be found here: http://www.lslps.co.uk/documents/buy_to_let_index_apr16.pdf

Nice to yields declining, more voids or increasing costs they can't pass on?

Edited by koala_bear

Nice to yields declining, more voids or increasing costs they can't pass on?

No, those are gross yields, so I believe it's purely a calculation of annual rent divided by value of houses. So more a case of growth in the latter outpacing the growth in the former.

There's just been a phone in on property on Radio 5 which included an idiot landlord saying he's just heard that he might not be able to deduct his mortgage interest and has anyone challenged it because it's outrageous. He then asked if moving the property into a limited company would help and was disappointed to be told that this would incur other charges too.

Then he said the government's strategy was stupid because it would mean people like him would just sell up!

There's just been a phone in on property on Radio 5 which included an idiot landlord saying he's just heard that he might not be able to deduct his mortgage interest and has anyone challenged it because it's outrageous. He then asked if moving the property into a limited company would help and was disappointed to be told that this would incur other charges too.

Then he said the government's strategy was stupid because it would mean people like him would just sell up!

Omg

slowly the reality of the situation will dawn on the BTL scum.

one by one they wake up. inquiries are already dead, now for the long build up of volumes for sale.

Wait till after the EU vote

If we stay in then property will start selling again
There will be it is reckoned milions [sic] of EU migrants coming and currently nowhere for them to live
So by implication the PRS needs to MASSIVELY expand!!

Oh yeah, I forgot that in these dipshits heads they are directly responsible for the guys with cement mixers and trowels building the houses... The PRS, building homes for immigrants since NEVER!

Oh yeah, I forgot that in these dipshits heads they are directly responsible for the guys with cement mixers and trowels building the houses... The PRS, building homes for immigrants since NEVER!

The ONS figures indicate that BTLers are the only group capable of borrowing enough to buy the new stock. Apparently they bought two thirds of the new builds in recent years.

It really shows how overpriced the market has become.

The ONS figures indicate that BTLers are the only group capable of borrowing enough to buy the new stock. Apparently they bought two thirds of the new builds in recent years.

I've seen a figure on this site quoting as much as 83% of new builds bought by BTL...

It really shows how overpriced the market has become.

That's not the same as financing house building though. Landlords aren't financing anything.

They use money issued by banks against other people's wages. The only reason those wages can't finance the building directly is politics - the middle classes need their welfare system.

In any case, the one thing not lacking in the housing market, the one thing cheaper and more readily available than ever before, is finance.

That's not the same as financing house building though. Landlords aren't financing anything.

I think this is a really important point. Where mortgage financed BTL landlords have entered the residential property they are essentially middle men for the banks, (or stooges, or indeed quislings). Setting aside any moral aspects of the question, they BTL tw@ts are using money borrowed on interest-only terms from the banks. As BuyToLeech states, they are not financing anything; the banks provide the finance.

Listening to the Jonathan Clarke video from the other day he states that when it came time to put some money into his portfolio right at the beginning, he withdrew equity from the family home, i.e. he obtained finance from a bank as an owner occupier and then he used that money to obtain more finance from a bank as an investor.

Whilst both the borrowers (the BTL tw@ts) and the financiers (the shit banks) have been needed to get here, the whole proposition would have looked very different if only the BTL tw@ts had wanted to play and if therefore they had been limited to using the money that they had on hand.

Subsequent portfolio growth relied on rampant HPI and you are going to have a great deal of trouble selling me on the idea that £200bn+ of BTL lending hasn't contributed to that, particularly as BTL lending is now inching up on becoming 20% of the stock.

Wish I had heard that, funny!

Good news about the fivelive phone in. That'll hammer home deep into the psyche of a shtload of tw@t BTLers right there. They love their BBC do the DEBTjunkies in my experience, they won't listen to a REPO man at the door telling them they're bankrupt but they'll listen to whatever the paedo corporation tells them to.

Edited by thewig

Wish I had heard that, funny!

Link to show, BTL section at 2:12:25

Good news about the fivelive phone in. That'll hammer home deep into the psyche of a shtload of twit BTLers right there. They love their BBC do the DEBTjunkies in my experience, they won't listen to a REPO man at the door telling them they're bankrupt but they'll listen to whatever the paedo corporation tells them to.

Not so fast. The 'property expert', Kate Faulkner BSc (Econ) MBA DipM CIM, felt that maybe it was a government plan to get landlords to put the rents up, innit.

The allusions to the daft crowd-funded judicial review didn't run to mentioning its name, so not the best for fundraising. Faulkner felt that challenge was "probably not going to be successful" but also tried to sell the idea that the changes would hurt tenants more than landlords.

Edited by Ghost Bird

Link to the section of the show

Not so fast. The 'property expert', Kate Faulkner BSc (Econ) MBA DipM CIM, felt that maybe it was a government plan to get landlords to put the rents up, innit.

The allusions to the daft crowd-funded judicial review didn't run to mentioning its name, so not the best for fundraising. Faulkner felt that challenge was "probably not going to be successful" but also tried to sell the idea that the changes would hurt tenants more than landlords.

Link doesn't seem to go direct to the location. Starts at 1.40.50 with Kate I think.