House Price Crash Forum
overlander

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

There is no alternative. Any opposition to the Master Narrative (IMF, World Bank, EU, Treasury etc.) is an existential threat. No-one is allowed to answer back.

And they wonder why the public are becoming cynical. Noticed that the justice funding is struggling. Hope our friend from abroad has donated.

The Guardian had also scaled back is comments section - limiting the total number of articles that will take comments.

It has removed the comments sections on topics deemed to be contentious or controversial, such as those dealing with race or immigration (topics where The Guardian is increasingly out of touch with its readership).

The Guardian like all other newspapers are completely out of touch with their readerships and communicate across the board towards the narrow monied elite, I believe that's a big factor in loss of paper circulation. It is blamed on the digital age but newspapers don't know what their editorial line is anymore. A bit like Political parties they have all gone to the so called centre ground, which actually isn't anywhere near the centre, it's way off to the right. And like all the political parties they have vested interests in certain issues like BTL, so they try persuade a certain way of thinking through their pages. Their problem is that a majority of their readership (who just look at their website these days) have seen through the BS of the monied elite and I guess are demonstrating this through the comments section. Instead of listening it seems they are pulling down the shutters.

I think it all went wrong for Guardian when they moved into their s*****y new building in the renovated King's Cross area from the knackered building in Clerkenwell, they lost their soul.

All this is my opinion by the way.

Sky news dont allow comments on certain things, mostly:

The McCanns

Whatsher face and her sponging familly from Central London.

Liz I think her name is...

Property tribes and RLA video campaign to get landlords to swamp MPs with letters to get rid of Clause 24, posted today.

Do they come up with ideas on what could taxed instead?

Property tribes and RLA video campaign to get landlords to swamp MPs with letters to get rid of Clause 24, posted today.

If there are two faces of BTL designed to build a dislike of spiv BTL among our nation's establishment, it is the sight of an obese oik like Fergus Wilson and something that looks like it had been dragged off of a Croydon council estate like Vanessa Warwick.

No wonder the establishment had been producing new anti-BTL rules on a regular basis. Its natural sense of snobbery is offended.

Lets play the ball and not the people.

An average RLA member has 10+ properties, if their website is reliable (20,000 members, vid says 23,000 recently passed) and a quarter of a million properties.

As well as trying to drag tenants into this debate via spurious claims about across the board rent rises, they are also trying to bring in many(most?) landlords who will not be affected by the C24 changes at all (median paying job and 1 or even 2 BTL won't be dragged into higher rate tax bracket).

They talk about trying to increase the 'volume' of complaints but why would most landlords care if their most indebted competitors get cleaned out? If anything they ought to be delighted!

I think that 118 and proptribes bigwigs have stated they have/are selling up in any case!

Thing is, they can go to the Government and make whatever claims they want, but it is clear that the Government have done their own research* and probably felt consultation with these groups was a waste of time.

*An alternative theory is that a crack team of HPCers and renegade geography student carried out an elaborate mind heist on the chancellor.

inception.jpg

asking rents have risen in my area...my own rent hasnt...if raising the rent was the answer, why are they even bothering?

An average RLA member has 10+ properties, if their website is reliable (20,000 members, vid says 23,000 recently passed) and a quarter of a million properties.

As well as trying to drag tenants into this debate via spurious claims about across the board rent rises, they are also trying to bring in many(most?) landlords who will not be affected by the C24 changes at all (median paying job and 1 or even 2 BTL won't be dragged into higher rate tax bracket).

They talk about trying to increase the 'volume' of complaints but why would most landlords care if their most indebted competitors get cleaned out? If anything they ought to be delighted!

I think that 118 and proptribes bigwigs have stated they have/are selling up in any case!

Maybe a LL with 1 BTL will avoid high rate.taxes.

I doubt a LL with 2+ BTL will.

asking rents have risen in my area...my own rent hasnt...if raising the rent was the answer, why are they even bothering?

Most of the legends on property118 are charging 'below market rent' as they love to keep reminding each other so I don't see what their reluctance to raise rents is anyway.

Oh that's right, they love their tenants too much, they'd rather spunk tens of thousands on some alice in wonderland legal challenge. Seems legit.

Anyone who has been in the armed forces, or played a sport at a higher level than Year 10 at school, knows that if you want to WIN then you have to play BOTH.

Whether this is a battle, or a game, depends on your point of view. For me it's nearer the top end, but for most on here I'm sure it's far more important than just an idle sport.

B

Thing is, they can go to the Government and make whatever claims they want, but it is clear that the Government have done their own research* and probably felt consultation with these groups was a waste of time.

*An alternative theory is that a crack team of HPCers and renegade geography student carried out an elaborate mind heist on the chancellor.

inception.jpg

:lol:

Conspiracies abound!

FFS, at 4:50 Warwick suggest that a lot of landlords with one or two properties you "won't even know that they are landlords because they are in full time employment". :blink:

Madness, plain and simple.

Not surprised that the RLA guy, looking forward to the evisceration of the people who pay his wages, suggests that the solution is for more people to join the RLA. It's already too f**king late. Clause 24, PRA rules and Basel are all locked in. Clause 24 must have been locked in for some time prior to July 2015, so we are more than a year down the road there. The PRA work was ongoing for a long time before the consultation. BCBS changes have been coming since December 2014. The time for stopping the steamroller was way back when, now it's time to get out of the way or take your chances. If my plan was to take my chances I'd be looking for a better Rabbi that some nervous RLA chump, but that's just me.

FFS, at 4:50 Warwick suggest that a lot of landlords with one or two properties you "won't even know that they are landlords because they are in full time employment". :blink:

Not surprised that the RLA guy, looking forward to the evisceration of the people who pay his wages, suggests that the solution is for more people to join the RLA. It's already too f**king late. Clause 24, PRA rules and Basel are all locked in. Clause 24 must have been locked in for some time prior to July 2015, so we are more than a year down the road there. The PRA work was ongoing for a long time before the consultation. BCBS changes have been coming since December 2014. The time for stopping the steamroller was way back when, now it's time to get out of the way or take your chances. If my plan was to take my chances I'd be looking for a better Rabbi that some nervous RLA chump, but that's just me.

Maybe that's why less than 2% of landlords have joined the RLA. They just don't realise that owning property, maybe via a BTL IO loan, and receiving thousands of pounds per annum, a sum derived from local market conditions commensurate with the property in question, via monthly installments agreed in advance for an agreed period, formalised via an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, possibly managed through a lettings agent, with a deposit protected by a formalised scheme, and using various tax allowances available to those letting property, makes them a landlord.

I'd say *at least* 98% of people in such a situation probably wouldn't even realise what they were up to.

Edited by The Knimbies who say No

Maybe that's why less than 2% of landlords have joined the RLA. They just don't realise that owning property, maybe via a BTL IO loan, and receiving thousands of pounds per annum, a sum derived from local market conditions commensurate with the property in question, via monthly installments agreed in advance for an agreed period, formalised via an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, possibly managed through a lettings agent, makes them a landlord.

I'd say *at least* 98% of people in such a situation probably wouldn't even realise what they were up to.

The fact that it's just so easy for such details to slips one's mind seems further proof that it is indeed an investment and not a business.

Anyone who has been in the armed forces, or played a sport at a higher level than Year 10 at school, knows that if you want to WIN then you have to play BOTH.

Whether this is a battle, or a game, depends on your point of view. For me it's nearer the top end, but for most on here I'm sure it's far more important than just an idle sport.

B

With respect, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by taking cheap shots at people's appearances (Fergus aside, obviously).

Just listen to what she is saying. It's pure, unadulterated, garbage, and as she has already indicated that she has sold at least one property, it is reasonable to ask if she actually believes any of it either. That alone ought to be sufficient to destroy credibility. Nothing else is relevant.

With respect, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by taking cheap shots at people's appearances (Fergus aside, obviously).

Just listen to what she is saying. It's pure, unadulterated, garbage, and as she has already indicated that she has sold at least one property, it is reasonable to ask if she actually believes any of it either. That alone ought to be sufficient to destroy credibility. Nothing else is relevant.

In both cases, the guy being interviewed can't have much self-esteem.

BTL hasn't just appeared in the last few years, it started decades ago. In the recent past it was convenient to take a les a faire attitude, it allowed a fluidity of being either an investor, amateur, or landlord. Now the camouflage that allowed has come to bite them back. They have been identified as having no real position to fight from and are being treated as such.

We all know that BTL was nothing more than a short term punter hiding in the clothes of supposed long term gains. Most participants should have got out after five to ten years and taken what they could.

Their mouth pieces are a good indication of the average BTLers mindset.

The Clause 24 change is a start not an end.

Tax relief will go for basic rate.