House Price Crash Forum

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

HOLA441
On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 23:18, mrtickle said:

He doesn't care. His top priority is to be a vile landlord to his current tenant who have done something to "annoy" him - such as to ask him to do his legal statutory duties. He doesn't care about the consequences, he just wants to ruin a whole family's Xmas to punish them.

I suspect this is just talk, would he really run the risk of the tenant just stopping paying and waiting for the eviction process to run its long and uncertain course. His tenants could have a great Christmas without having to worry about paying the rent and looking forward to 6 months rent free accommodation.

HOLA442
23 hours ago, rantnrave said:

Power shifts to tenants as rent reductions hit record high

https://www.propertyindustryeye.com/power-shifts-to-tenants-as-rent-reductions-hit-record-high/

The number of tenants negotiating rent reductions hit a record high last month, say letting agents.

ARLA Propertymark’s October Private Rented Sector (PRS) Report showed that the number of tenants successfully negotiating rent reductions jumped from 2% in September to 3.7% in October.

This is the highest figure since the trade body started recording the data in 2015.

The number of tenants experiencing rent increases fell for the second month running in October, with 24% of the 217 agents who responded to the poll reporting that landlords increased rents, compared with 31% in September and 40% in August.

The supply of available properties hit a new high, rising from 194 in September to 198 in October.

This is the highest figure seen since December 2017, when supply stood at 200 and is up 9% annually.

Demand also increased during October, with the number of tenants registered per branch rising to 71 on average, compared with 63 in September.

David Cox, chief executive of ARLA Propertymark, said: “Last month’s findings indicate that power in the rental market could be shifting towards tenants, with a record number negotiating rent reductions, and less landlords hiking rent costs.

“However, it’s more likely that this is indicative of the time of year, and come the new year, we’ll see rent prices starting to creep up again.

“There’s no real way of avoiding it unfortunately: with landlords facing continued regulatory change, increasing costs will be passed on to tenants.

Those who don’t pass the costs on will eventually have to exit the market, which will increase competition and boost prices. It’s the ultimate ‘lose, lose’ situation.”

“Those who don’t pass the costs on will eventually have to exit the market”

Nowhere near true. Those without daft debts will just make a bit less.....

And those with daft debts....if they are worried about the odd tweak and change then they have bigger things to worry about. A ‘business plan’ built on debt, interest only and hugely artificial global low interest rates is a bankruptcy waiting to happen....particularly if it is paying for a lifestyle  

Interestingly this article begins with comment on ‘tenants negotiating rent reductions’...so it’s not even empties asking less or existing tenants not receiving increases...but rather real reductions. It is that which helps pinpoint where the ‘power’ lies with price. Voids will really hurt some LLs.....and interestingly if that’s the case they are already really vulnerable and would hope and expect them to sell up. 

Good time to ask for a reduction maybe ?

HOLA443
On 30/11/2018 at 08:26, rantnrave said:

Power shifts to tenants as rent reductions hit record high

https://www.propertyindustryeye.com/power-shifts-to-tenants-as-rent-reductions-hit-record-high/

The number of tenants negotiating rent reductions hit a record high last month, say letting agents.

ARLA Propertymark’s October Private Rented Sector (PRS) Report showed that the number of tenants successfully negotiating rent reductions jumped from 2% in September to 3.7% in October.

The supply of available properties hit a new high, rising from 194 in September to 198 in October.

This is the highest figure seen since December 2017, when supply stood at 200 and is up 9% annually.

David Cox, chief executive of ARLA Propertymark, said: “Last month’s findings indicate that power in the rental market could be shifting towards tenants, with a record number negotiating rent reductions, and less landlords hiking rent costs.

Noone knows nothing.

IO BTL has totally changed the UK property market sicne 2002ish.

Noone has a fuxing clue how itll pan out in the normal economic cycle.

The likes of ARLA are trying to project vaque memories of a how a much much smaller rental market performed i nthe 80s slow down.

Most people inthe the 'rental business' have barely been in 5 years never mind 2 decades

Here's my 2ps worth:

IO BTL has increased the number of rentals by about 5-10x times.

The last slowdown - 2008 - saw LL being bailed out on two fronts - ZIRP IR and the floow of ~9M EEers to the UK.

This time, we will see 80% of our new EU guest go home when the benefits are adjusted post Brexit. Id guess the UK is gong to see about ~3m houses come up for rent.

Then youve got the interplay of renters and jobs and the economy and hte mistamtch between liabilities.

Having a large number of rentals is going to make the UK property much much volate on the downside.

Take Town X. Any reduction in employment would have seen OO do any thing ,travel more to pay the mortgage.

Now, most people under 40 are renting. Jobs go south then they hand notice in a move.

HOLA444
8 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I suspect this is just talk, would he really run the risk of the tenant just stopping paying and waiting for the eviction process to run its long and uncertain course. His tenants could have a great Christmas without having to worry about paying the rent and looking forward to 6 months rent free accommodation.

I agree - sounds like he or she is just trying to show off to the other landlords. Not the real deal, unlike Gary Dully, who would not only serve an eviction notice, but turn up with a gang of heavies to evict you on the spot and then keep your deposit.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
20 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

This seems very odd if true. An arrest ordered in court? Can anyone find any further info?

I have no idea if this is the case in question but given that the landlord is Hoogstraten and the claimant Raja is dead, i'm prepared to believe it fits.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2018/3261.html 

Edited by Lambie

HOLA448
HOLA449
3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I would believe pretty much anything of that toad Hoogstraten, but I'm not sure it really fits; there's no claimant in the name of Martin, it's not at Leeds County Court, it's not about a tenancy deposit, and there's no arrest.

Yeah didn't think so.. but Hoogstraten being a premier client of that group would totally fit. 

I'm not au fait with county courts but would be surprised if they have powers for directing arrests for anything (other than a warrant for non-attendance maybe, but anything criminally serious enough for that would likely be in  Crown Court).

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
7 hours ago, longgone said:

what adjustment ?

There's no longer any need - and there was none in the past - to pay out tax credits. or HB.

Itll fall to just JSA.

And theyll need to pay a NHS chatge - which they should have been staying at the start, according the EU rules.

And a bill for kids at school.

HOLA4413

‘Boxroom’ landlord ordered to pay record penalty of £1.5m or go to prison for nine years

https://www.propertyindustryeye.com/boxroom-landlord-ordered-to-pay-record-penalty-of-1-5m-or-go-to-prison-for-nine-years/

A landlord has been ordered by a judge to pay a record-breaking penalty of almost £1.5m – or spend nine years behind bars.

The landlord, Vispasp Sarkari, flouted planning laws across the London boroughs of Brent and Harrow, taking in thousands from tenants living in tiny flats no larger than boxrooms, and built or converted illegally.

The two councils prosecuted Sarkari after he defied enforcement warnings.

At Harrow Crown Court , Judge Wood described the breaches as a “flagrant abuse” of planning legislation.

As well as the huge confiscation penalty, Sarkari was fined £12,000 and ordered to pay both councils’ costs.

In addition, Brent Council secured a restraint order against Sarkaria, meaning he cannot dispose of his assets before the order is paid in full.

If he does not pay up, then the council can force the sale of his properties.

Edited by rantnrave

HOLA4414
1 minute ago, rantnrave said:

‘Boxroom’ landlord ordered to pay record penalty of £1.5m or go to prison for nine years

https://www.propertyindustryeye.com/boxroom-landlord-ordered-to-pay-record-penalty-of-1-5m-or-go-to-prison-for-nine-years/

A landlord has been ordered by a judge to pay a record-breaking penalty of almost £1.5m – or spend nine years behind bars.

The landlord, Vispasp Sarkari, flouted planning laws across the London boroughs of Brent and Harrow, taking in thousands from tenants living in tiny flats no larger than boxrooms, and built or converted illegally.

The two councils prosecuted Sarkari after he defied enforcement warnings.

At Harrow Crown Court , Judge Wood described the breaches as a “flagrant abuse” of planning legislation.

As well as the huge confiscation penalty, Sarkari was fined £12,000 and ordered to pay both councils’ costs.

In addition, Brent Council secured a restraint order against Sarkaria, meaning he cannot dispose of his assets before the order is paid in full.

If he does not pay up, then the council can force the sale of his properties.

Another fine British name there.

HOLA4415
3 hours ago, spyguy said:

There's no longer any need - and there was none in the past - to pay out tax credits. or HB.

Itll fall to just JSA.

And theyll need to pay a NHS chatge - which they should have been staying at the start, according the EU rules.

And a bill for kids at school.

when i see it as policy i will believe it 

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, longgone said:

when i see it as policy i will believe it 

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/explainers/what-eu-freedom-movement

'Any EU citizen can move to and remain in another EU country for up to three months. EU citizens who are students may remain for the duration of their studies, but must show that they have sufficient financial support for their period of study. Other EU citizens who wish to stay longer than three months must have comprehensive sickness insurance and prove that they have financial resources to support themselves.

Because finding a job from abroad is often difficult, EU citizens who are job seekers can move to another EU country and claim the same out-of-work benefit (but not other benefits) available to nationals of that country while they are looking for employment. This means that the point at which EU job-seekers can access this benefit will depend on each country’s rules for its own citizens. This varies between EU member states.

In some countries job seekers can only claim out-of-work benefits if they have previously worked (e.g., Austria and Belgium); in others a waiting period of several months is imposed (e.g., France and the Netherlands), and in some countries there is immediate entitlement to out-of-work benefits (e.g., the UK, Germany, and Ireland). However, a job seeker must prove that he or she is actively looking for a job and stands a real chance of being given employment.'

The whole access of EUers to tax credits has been cretinous.

Should have never been allowed. Brown, the idiot, failed to grasp who fuxxed his tax credits are .

The health insurance will knack ~98%. Agai, Ive only met one EUer who's read the rules and bought private health cover. They confuse the free temporary reciprocal cover with the health cover needed to remain.

HOLA4417
3 minutes ago, spyguy said:

'Any EU citizen can move to and remain in another EU country for up to three months. EU citizens who are students may remain for the duration of their studies, but must show that they have sufficient financial support for their period of study. Other EU citizens who wish to stay longer than three months must have comprehensive sickness insurance and prove that they have financial resources to support themselves.

Because finding a job from abroad is often difficult, EU citizens who are job seekers can move to another EU country and claim the same out-of-work benefit (but not other benefits) available to nationals of that country while they are looking for employment. This means that the point at which EU job-seekers can access this benefit will depend on each country’s rules for its own citizens. This varies between EU member states.

In some countries job seekers can only claim out-of-work benefits if they have previously worked (e.g., Austria and Belgium); in others a waiting period of several months is imposed (e.g., France and the Netherlands), and in some countries there is immediate entitlement to out-of-work benefits (e.g., the UK, Germany, and Ireland). However, a job seeker must prove that he or she is actively looking for a job and stands a real chance of being given employment.'

Should have never been allowed. Brown, the idiot, failed to grasp who fuxxed his tax credits are .

The health insurance will knack ~98%. Agai, Ive only met one EUer who's read the rules and bought private health cover. They confuse the free temporary reciprocal cover with the health cover needed to remain.

still jsa and whatever out of work benefits there are.

Trouble with benefits that Top-up there is no incentive to get off them if you can get them in the first place. there is no line in the sand like jsa.  

feed the birds and they will come everyday.  

HOLA4418
24 minutes ago, spyguy said:

I have a friend who came here from Spain recently, nice guy, I feel sorry for him that he had to come here because of high unemployment.

He is working but because he has kids his rent gets paid by the tax payer.  Although I feel sorry for him, I don't really see why we should pay his rent.  I have friends in many other countries and although they like me, they probably wouldn't be that happy if I was to go to there country and get my rent paid by their taxes (I have never asked this hypothetical question).

I just wonder why so many British people are happy to pay foreigners' rent.  A different friend from Spain (who doesn't get any benefits), told me "It is British's people's fault, you created this system."  To be honest I think she is right, although if it all ends in a mess, Brexit whatever, I hope the architects feel guilty.

HOLA4419
Just now, iamnumerate said:

I have a friend who came here from Spain recently, nice guy, I feel sorry for him that he had to come here because of high unemployment.

He is working but because he has kids his rent gets paid by the tax payer.  Although I feel sorry for him, I don't really see why we should pay his rent.  I have friends in many other countries and although they like me, they probably wouldn't be that happy if I was to go to there country and get my rent paid by their taxes (I have never asked this hypothetical question).

I just wonder why so many British people are happy to pay foreigners' rent.  A different friend from Spain (who doesn't get any benefits), told me "It is British's people's fault, you created this system."  To be honest I think she is right, although if it all ends in a mess, Brexit whatever, I hope the architects feel guilty.

They are not. The flood of EUers int othe UK is the major reason for Brexit.

The flow is just so unbalanced, its insane.

You'll find few  workign age Brit in Europe - the typcial Brit living in Europe are rtired teacher in some way off French village or the costa chippies. In both cases, these are not entitled to any public services - both are required to pay tax for health services. Obviously there's no schooling requirement.

In the UK its the total opposite.

In your case, Spanish welfare runs out after 2 years. Mrs spy (Italian) has a Portugese dossers ki in her class. He, the Dad, turned up i nthe UK, with his Thai bride,  after his Portguese dole ran out.

Its not hypotehtical. Working age benefit really do not really exist in Italy. And the cnaces of a  non itlian getting a job they could live off - pretty much zilch.

Who's fault?

Its Brown's mainly ,as the creator of tax credit. Before tax credits, living on benefots i nhe Uk was not much fun. Then Balir opening up the UK before theyd thoguht thru benefit entitlements.

Here's Blairs predictions fro m2004:

'While the number of migrants from Central and Eastern Europe into the UK was predicted to be in the region of 5,000 to 13,000 on the assumption that other member states would also open their labour markets, most didn’t. And the flows turned out to be over 20 times the upper end of this estimate. '

The reality is, ~14 years down the line, is teres about 8-10m EUers (mainly EE) in the UK.

The 3.7m figure that gets bandied around is plainly and massively wrong.

Before 04/FOM UK v EU was roughly balance at 1.5m each. The number of UK in EU has probably fallen a bit.

Brexit is a direct result of the mess from FOM + TCs.

I keep pointing out that its very likely that all bebefits bar JSA will be removed from EUers. And therre's a good chance that the 30k earnign limit will be enforced.

AS I point out to a couple of EErs (one Slovak  the other Romanain) boht who've been i nthe UK for ~3 years and have kids at school now, - If you dont think you cn earn enough to sruvive, without benefits, then you might want to think about leaving ASAP so your kid does not get too far behind at school back home.

HOLA4420
9 hours ago, rantnrave said:

RosBeck73

Ignoring whatever else the guy got up to, the idea of criminalising the provision of small spaces is interesting. I wonder where the research is that states that small spaces in themselves are objectionable. I lived in a box room for a while in Croydon in my 20s and it didn’t do me any harm. It was the cheapest thing going and near to work and that’s all I wanted.

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, fru-gal said:

Spy, why do you always think this will happen. The Government has shown time and time again that they will not reduce immigration, even thought the electorate has voted for it in multiple elections. Even if they reduce EU immigration, they will replace it with migration from other places and they certainly won't cut benefits as that would cause an outcry. Why do you think this will happen. Sure, it is the totally logical way to deal with the amount of debt and the growth of the welfare state but I think it is politically unpalatable (even from the Tories) as Labour is snapping at their heels and would most likely increase the welfare state even more. More and more people need benefits to live thanks to high rents and low wages, so won't be turkeys voting for Christmas.

Because its costing billions.

Because non brits dont have a vote. Theres no political risk when people cant vote.

Because the Pols seem to have clicked people are p1ssed over low to no skilled migrants.

The signs are that any migrant will need 30k+ job.

The high rents are caused by migrants. There is no need for a low skilled migrant, never mind one onn benefits.

HOLA4422
17 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Because its costing billions.

Because non brits dont have a vote. Theres no political risk when people cant vote.

Because the Pols seem to have clicked people are p1ssed over low to no skilled migrants.

The signs are that any migrant will need 30k+ job.

The high rents are caused by migrants. There is no need for a low skilled migrant, never mind one onn benefits.

What about the Tory donors who don't care how much the middle are taxed or services cut, so long as they get their cheap labour and HMO fodder?

HOLA4423
30 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

What about the Tory donors who don't care how much the middle are taxed or services cut, so long as they get their cheap labour and HMO fodder?

They dont have  ore than one vote.

The people who made out with flood of cheap Labour were not traditional Tories.

Tax credit came from the idiot Brown. There were no companies lobbying for his idiot bribe.

HOLA4424
7 minutes ago, spyguy said:

They dont have  ore than one vote.

The people who made out with flood of cheap Labour were not traditional Tories.

Tax credit came from the idiot Brown. There were no companies lobbying for his idiot bribe.

hmm, hope you are right. Seems like two sides of the same coin to me, but then again, you'd think the taps have to be turned off at some point.

HOLA4425
6 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

hmm, hope you are right. Seems like two sides of the same coin to me, but then again, you'd think the taps have to be turned off at some point.

2010. Coalition won, eventually.

Spent 18 months dicking around.

Year 2 raised taxes. A lot.

Year 3 started to look at cutting back on brnefits and publuc sector spend. Tax credit changes were blocked by libdem peer. Entire depend reduction plan fuxed. More so as tgey tose the tax free allowance to 12k to sweeten the heavy cuts.

Year 5 do the brexit vote. All spare bandwidth tied up.

Brexit wins! Chaos. Camoron resigns, re rlection. May wins. Start on the wtf do we do, which is where we are today.

Again, as i said on tax credit sad face, should have raised the hours to 38, cutting payouts, then reduce payouts.

Could have diffused tax credits in 5 years.

Gidiot had the scope to be bold in the 1st 18months and would been able to do it.

His hesitance to grasp brownfkup and reduce it has cost us out of europe and about 30% gdp of debt.

Browns finznvial fup has cost him and every Pol their credibility. Anyone who touches the scorched earth of the brownian mess is destroyed.

Thats why i reckon the only way to get on top is to be brutal on immigration and any benefits they claim.