House Price Crash Forum

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

HOLA441
On 05/02/2019 at 07:52, stuckmojo said:

This. 

I am also noticing a change in the rental market. I have to look for a rental flat in Liverpool for work (a monday to Thursday thing) and there are hundreds of flat available. Way more than I expected within the same price bracket and spec. Many of them are listed both for sale and for rent. One needs to be careful. 

Unless there's a mass influx of people in the city centre, I can't just see those being all occupied, even excluding the ones that still have to be built. 

Sounds like Wrexham. More coming on the market than going off. Spareroom is bursting with nice-looking en suite rooms in HMOs as well. Are we at saturation point?

HOLA442

Latest from that berk at the Landlords Alliance. He seems to have been howling at the Information Commissioners Office (on Twitter - usual approach) about local authority licensing breaches of GDPR. Comically, the ICO have apparently decided to investigate the Landlords Alliance instead due to the rogue tenant database mentioned on their website. Nice trolling from the ICO. Glad to see they’re amusing themselves when sat round deciding how to handle his complaints.

https://www.property118.com/landlords-alliance-laughing-stock-ico-investigation/

HOLA443
HOLA444
54 minutes ago, Lavalas said:

Latest from that berk at the Landlords Alliance. He seems to have been howling at the Information Commissioners Office (on Twitter - usual approach) about local authority licensing breaches of GDPR. Comically, the ICO have apparently decided to investigate the Landlords Alliance instead due to the rogue tenant database mentioned on their website. Nice trolling from the ICO. Glad to see they’re amusing themselves when sat round deciding how to handle his complaints.

https://www.property118.com/landlords-alliance-laughing-stock-ico-investigation/

Splendid.

The LA has to be some sort of false flag operation surely?  These levels of incompetence don't come naturally to many people.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

No so much "on the offensive" , more doing what we all did in 2015, 522 pages ago.

https://www.propertytribes.com/if-have-salary-s24-killer-t-127638723.html

Section 24 HQ

If you have a salary, S24 is a killer!

I had a little spare time this morning and I thought I would look at a scenario comparing a working Landlord with a Landlord who only has BTL income.

The figures are made up, but the S24 is high and I have only looked at the Tax situation 18/19

So here goes:

First the figs of a non working Landlord                              Working Landlord Salary £50,000

Rental Income £141,000                                                      £141,000

all costs other than Interest  £49,768                                   £49,768

Total Interest for Year £57,801                                              £57,801

Interest Deductible 50% £28,900                                          £28,900

Tax Credit for 50% £5780 18/19                                          £5,780

Total Tax Bill before credit £13,510                                 £27,725

Tax credit                              £5,780                                   £5,780

Tax Due                                £7,730                                   £21,945      

The tax difference because you have a 50k income is £14,215           

The main point to note is we are only half way through S24!

HOLA448
21 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

No so much "on the offensive" , more doing what we all did in 2015, 522 pages ago.

https://www.propertytribes.com/if-have-salary-s24-killer-t-127638723.html

First the figs of a non working Landlord : Rental Income £141,000 

And this rental income  (5 or 6 times average salary for someone working full-time) all comes from properties bought with other people's money, on IO mortgages [not available to owner-occupiers], with full tax relief on finance costs [abolished a generation ago for owner-occupiers].  In a nutshell,  THIS is what is wrong with the UK housing market.                                  

Edited by Dyson Fury

HOLA449

Chump needs to do a cheeky recalc on what the figures are if he just bangs the rents up on his scumbag tenants. Then if it still don’t stack up, just bang em up some more on the little fckers. Rinse and repeat until your spreadsheet returns the figures you need and BOSH youre gravy again. I mean it really ain’t rocket science this stuff is it

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4410

I've heard of three landlords selling up this week.

Colleague at work looking to offload a portfolio of 4 flats in Edinburgh, can't say anything but good things about them to anyone who will listen...not sure why selling then.....

Wife's friend has been served notice as her landlord is selling up. West Lothian outside Edinburgh. She is now hoping to be evicted for a council house place.

Old University friend has just been given notice and told her landlord is selling up in Leytonstone. 

Anecdotally that seems to be the S24 changes finally hitting home and encouraging sales after the first years tax returns have now been done. 

All similar to this recent thread - 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
13 hours ago, Si1 said:

I've seen no chain houses for sale that look like BTLrs.. Asking ludicrous prices for them but I suppose it's a start.

I guess its where and how you look.

I gave up tracking Scabbies listings and sales years ago - 3/4 of listed stock was never selling.

However .. one thing that I am well aware is Scabby is an IO BTL hotspot. Theres a several small local businesses people (think taxi firm, small builders) who went  mental for IO BTL - think 10/100 flats n houses. All IO, manly benefits.

Now we've npt had a very cold winter - we should have lower than normal probate ....

However ..... look at the number of 'No onward chains' and 'Suitable for rental ivnestment'

https://www.home.co.uk/search/results.htm?TOWN_SEARCH=1&location=scarborough&radius=3&sort=FOUND_DESC&page=1

This is a mass exit of  idiot IO BTL 

HOLA4413
1 minute ago, spyguy said:

I guess its where and how you look.

I gave up tracking Scabbies listings and sales years ago - 3/4 of listed stock was never selling.

However .. one thing that I am well aware is Scabby is an IO BTL hotspot. Theres a several small local businesses people (think taxi firm, small builders) who went  mental for IO BTL - think 10/100 flats n houses. All IO, manly benefits.

Now we've npt had a very cold winter - we should have lower than normal probate ....

However ..... look at the number of 'No onward chains' and 'Suitable for rental ivnestment'

https://www.home.co.uk/search/results.htm?TOWN_SEARCH=1&location=scarborough&radius=3&sort=FOUND_DESC&page=1

This is a mass exit of  idiot IO BTL 

I meant I HAVE seen these things, my grammar was confusing, whoops. Bramley, Kirkstall etc, my usual haunts

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

I meant I HAVE seen these things, my grammar was confusing, whoops. Bramley, Kirkstall etc, my usual haunts

Dump loads of ‘perfect investment opportunities’ in LS6. Meant to start tracking volume a while ago but too depressing looking at all the carved up shit holes.

HOLA4415
18 minutes ago, Lavalas said:

Dump loads of ‘perfect investment opportunities’ in LS6. Meant to start tracking volume a while ago but too depressing looking at all the carved up shit holes.

Oh yeah, burley kirkstall etc. Otherwise nice houses would need an awful lot of money spent to convert back to family houses.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
11 hours ago, mrtickle said:

Never heard of him. He's resisting a flood of friendly advice to take it down.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/507634763096115/?fref=gs&dti=1531018413809762&hc_location=group

Group is a closed group, have you joined it?

Surely its a breach of GDPR?  Click on the report group button though and there are no suitable reporting reasons to select.  

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

I'm not on Bookface so I can't see it, but is it possible to report it to the ICO? Tweet them a screengrab if necessary. 

There is a report group link. You get a limited number of options if how to report it.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
2 hours ago, elephant said:

Group is a closed group, have you joined it?

Surely its a breach of GDPR?  Click on the report group button though and there are no suitable reporting reasons to select.  

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I'm not on Bookface so I can't see it, but is it possible to report it to the ICO? Tweet them a screengrab if necessary. 

This is definitely outside the spirit of GDPR around consent of use of personal information. It is certainly worth reporting. 

However less sure about the scope of GDPR...I might be wrong but possibly only applies to big corporates that the ICO can fine. Those big bad banks who are killing puppies etc..

HOLA4424
HOLA4425