House Price Crash Forum

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
56 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

"The organisation will operate out of offices supplied by me on a rent free basis, until profitability can be achieved."

Then you members can be fleeced for extortionate rent to occupy said offices.

wait until they're good and settled then BAM!! just bang the rents up on em. never heard that one before

HOLA444
24 minutes ago, Monkey said:

At least they will have a list of LL's HMRC can cross check to make sure they are declaring and paying tax correctly 

+1.

And the more money the LLs' waste setting up gangs, the better. Hopefully the government will remove the 20% tax credit on finance costs. That surely would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. It would be fun to watch LLs rioting in the streets.

Edited by Captain Kirk

HOLA445
43 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

+1.

And the more money the LLs' waste setting up gangs, the better. Hopefully the government will remove the 20% tax credit on finance costs. That surely would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. It would be fun to watch LLs rioting in the streets.

I agree also I think this would make a lot easier for the HMRC to work out who to tax!

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
43 minutes ago, oatbake said:

Whatever happened to The Landlords Union? I wonder if this one will involve the issue of shares at some point...

I do wonder about that. How much did founder membership cost? Five hundred quid or something... with a promise of collective action on the back of the Bank of Ireland victory? Something like that. Seems like precious little action but then not much complaining either. Seems a stretch to think that those people are either happy with the deal or have been quietly refunded.

HOLA4410
2 hours ago, Lavalas said:

I do wonder about that. How much did founder membership cost? Five hundred quid or something... with a promise of collective action on the back of the Bank of Ireland victory? Something like that. Seems like precious little action but then not much complaining either. Seems a stretch to think that those people are either happy with the deal or have been quietly refunded.

Blatantly just another ATTT, billboards campaign, Landlords Union...

It will produce a lot of (largely ignored) hot air, perhaps some furious letter writing and suck in landlords' money. A few of the usual suspects will get their hopes up. Again.

Of course the optimism will quickly be replaced by disappointment when they realise that wider population still don't care about landlords... 

These guys live in a bubble. 

Meanwhile S24 ramps up again in another 6 months or so. The false hope is costing them valuable time to sell up before the panic sets in and tax bills start dropping on door mats...

HOLA4411

There is a certain irony that the new landlord's union is basedin premises that are rent free, so that they can continue their rent charging operations. 

How many initiatives have now emerged out of property 118 since July 2015? I reckon about 10, although most have been Mark Alexander's attempts to squeeze money out of his fan Base. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
15 hours ago, Pytyr said:

National Landlords Alliance? Splitters!

Ripping off the existing National Landlords Association name is so mad that the whole thing almost looks like a massive troll.

I like the stock photo they've chosen too:

landlord_jigsaw.thumb.jpg.b2f0af766703c1a054e955aaf483507d.jpg

Introducing the official Property118 jigsaw: so simple, a leveraged portfolio landlord could complete it (assistance from other people sometimes required)

HOLA4414

We should start our own landlords union. combining the two names together to troll them. 

some bill-boards along the lines ‘how dare you not let us bleed you dry!’ And ‘your rent is our next white land rover deposit’ 

‘landlords union association’

someone please post the life of Brian sketch 

Edited by jiltedjen

HOLA4415
22 hours ago, thewig said:

The people’s front of judea welcome talks with the judean people’s front.

these clowns are already dead

16 hours ago, Pytyr said:

National Landlords Alliance? Splitters!

But what did the government ever do for us landlords? Well there was the: 

1) Tax Relief for many years

2) Ongoing relief at 20%

3) Housing Benefit supporting rents

4) Help to Buy pushing up our asset prices 

5) Crazy low interest rates

6) Allowing banks to lend IO mortgages without duress

Okay, okay - other than the tax advantages, supporting rents, the schemes driving house prices upwards, allowing irresponsible lending and keeping rates at a 1000 year low what has the government ever done for landlords. 

Absolutely nothing....bloody splitters.?

HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

But what did the government ever do for us landlords? Well there was the: 

1) Tax Relief for many years

2) Ongoing relief at 20%

3) Housing Benefit supporting rents

4) Help to Buy pushing up our asset prices 

5) Crazy low interest rates

6) Allowing banks to lend IO mortgages without duress

Okay, okay - other than the tax advantages, supporting rents, the schemes driving house prices upwards, allowing irresponsible lending and keeping rates at a 1000 year low what has the government ever done for landlords. 

Absolutely nothing....bloody splitters.?

After Jegga and cos performance, I think you can look forward to the Cons getting rid of the rest of the tax relief and levying a tax on LLs.

HOLA4417
4 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

We should start our own landlords union. combining the two names together to troll them. 

some bill-boards along the lines ‘how dare you not let us bleed you dry!’ And ‘your rent is our next white land rover deposit’ 

‘landlords union association’

someone please post the life of Brian sketch 

We could call it the "Landlords Action Front" - strap line "We're having a LAF"

HOLA4418

ATTT have posted a link to this today

https://www.lettingagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2018/9/give-the-rental-sector-a-tax-break-agency-tells-government

As far as I can work out, it's one person "calling on" the government to do a complete u-turn without any reason.

The Haart agency is calling on the government to give the private rental sector a break in the autumn Budget, as figures show falling numbers of investors entering the market.

Various factors, including additional taxation on buy to let homes and continued speculation that house prices are set to fall are thought to be deterring many potential landlords from investing in property, claims Haart.

Figures from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors last month showed a decline in the number of new homes to rent coming onto the market and this was mirrored in Haart’s own figures. These recorded that the number of new landlords registering to buy in August was down 2.9 per cent on a monthly basis and 28.4 per cent annually.

The agent now wants the government to remove the additional three per cent stamp duty charge on second and buy to let homes, introduced back in 2016, before it puts further pressure on the availability of rental properties.

Haart would also like to see a reversal of tax relief changes which are currently being phased in and which will see mortgage interest tax relief replaced by a tax credit limited to the basic rate of tax. 

Paul Sloan, development director for the agency, says: “We are continuing to see buy to let purchasers fall on the year. The additional tax burden which has been placed on the sector has certainly been a setback and we would urge the Chancellor to remove this in the Budget.

“Landlords have in the past been a popular target for taxation, but the reality is that more and more people need rental properties to live in – and investors are needed to provide them.

“The continued media commentary on the effect that the UK’s departure from the EU might have on the housing market is also unhelpful, especially given that it is largely sensational speculation not based on fact.

“The facts are that property ownership is unsuitable or unaffordable for many and there is insufficient availability of social housing, making privately rented property an accessible and affordable option that is increasingly in demand. With a decline in new rental properties coming onto the market and tenant demand continuing to rise, rents are predicted to rise further than house prices – meaning that buy to let remains a worthwhile investment.”

a) a decline in the number of people ENTERING a market is no justification for state intervention, last time I checked. It is the INTENDED result of S24, this means it is WORKING! There are fewer people entering the farrier market. Quick, we must do something! Tax incentives required! :)

b) There is currently nothing called "mortgage interest tax relief". No "relief" has been abolished.

c) Pwoperty investors do not "provide homes". 

d) etc.

HOLA4419
29 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

https://www.lettingagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2018/9/give-the-rental-sector-a-tax-break-agency-tells-government

As far as I can work out, it's one person "calling on" the government to do a complete u-turn without any reason.

a) a decline in the number of people ENTERING a market is no justification for state intervention, last time I checked. It is the INTENDED result of S24, this means it is WORKING! There are fewer people entering the farrier market. Quick, we must do something! Tax incentives required! :)

b) There is currently nothing called "mortgage interest tax relief". No "relief" has been abolished.

d) etc.

I think Dr Bosser burnt thru this sort if stuff when she left the conservstibe party when she was nit a member.

Shell find comrade corbyn a lot more sympathetic.

HOLA4420
On 26/09/2018 at 07:58, Lavalas said:

The new Landlord Alliance - taking names and kicking butts...

https://www.property118.com/new-landlord-association-seeking-pledges/

If by 1000 pledges they mean posts in that thread promising to join, I suggest we all sign up for poverty118 and absolutely definitely promise to join this noble cause just to make sure this particular lead balloon gets go ahead.  

And not actually pay them any money, obviously.

They will all end up another £100 in debt and with yet another platform for the most outspoken and deluded out of them to share their ridiculous views.

I hate the whole BTL sector but I wish I had ability and will to get money off them.  So many failed campaigns and massive essays, and yet they keep coming back for more.

Edited by Bear Hug

HOLA4421
On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 07:58, Lavalas said:

The new Landlord Alliance - taking names and kicking butts...

https://www.property118.com/new-landlord-association-seeking-pledges/

Following extensive negotiations over several weeks I have got agreement from the former National Chair of the FSB to also join us.

Not this FSB, presumably:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Security_Service

although their campaign might have more impact if it was!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:59, mrtickle said:

d) etc.

Estate Agent bleats that it is much easier to sell expensive properties to BTLers than to First Time Buyers...

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
58 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Buried in today's Torygraph is the news that the extra 3% Stamp Duty is not deterring people from buying second properties (and more). This year's anticipated revenue from the levy was £1bn, but currently its brought in 70% more than that... 

Seems sensible to increase it in the October budget :)