House Price Crash Forum

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

HOLA441
9 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Where did he get the idea that property always goes up from  then?

From the pov that property markets recovered quite well from the credit crunch, even tho Liverpool hasn't boomed like London, there still wasn't/isn't much negative equity. It's been a one way bet for many.

HOLA442
HOLA443

From the undefeated master of the PR game, Mr G. Dully:

Laundry and it's evils

I have banned the drying and airing of clothes in all of my flats and HMO's and instead I have provided communal condensing tumble dryers in the communal areas of the buildings.

All kitchens and bathrooms have humidistat extractor fans and they work.

If I get black spot mould my tenants know that I will rip them another ar5ehole* and my tenancy agreements are explicit!

Source

* I bowdlerised this as the HPC profanity filters are a bit less forgiving that those across the way.

Can you really put stuff about **sehole ripping into an AST? Seem a bit full on, even for an HMO tenancy.

HOLA444
HOLA445
1 hour ago, Beary McBearface said:

From the undefeated master of the PR game, Mr G. Dully:

Source

* I bowdlerised this as the HPC profanity filters are a bit less forgiving that those across the way.

Can you really put stuff about **sehole ripping into an AST? Seem a bit full on, even for an HMO tenancy.

Does this explain the origin of the infamous underpants that launched Mr Dully into our consciousness?  They were, I now believe, merely drying over the lampshade.  The sight of undergarments left out to dry has clearly become something of a "hot button" for Mr Dully; perhaps he could consider inserting into his AST that all tenants must for-with go "Commando" so to speak.

HOLA446

The Axe The Tenant Tax Facebook group has recently been coming across as increasingly shrill and desperate. A post today suggests that they are moving into the 'depression' stage of loss:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1616240785085586&id=1077700412272962

I imagine falling prices will sort out the problems with yields... Although I reckon that won't be good news for them either!

I liked this gem of a comment also "Not only that, void periods are starting to increase".

How are those rent rises going for you guys? 

Makes a change from the usual "we told you so" posts about rents being forecast to rise (usually  of the back of some report by an organisation with a blatant vested interest in selling houses / mortgages). 

HOLA447
1 minute ago, oatbake said:

The Axe The Tenant Tax Facebook group has recently been coming across as increasingly shrill and desperate. A post today suggests that they are moving into the 'depression' stage of loss:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1616240785085586&id=1077700412272962

I imagine falling prices will sort out the problems with yields... Although I reckon that won't be good news for them either

As yields drop I find that most sensible investors sell up and try to find something that generates a better high yield. Yet these people moan but don't do anything about it.

HOLA448
HOLA449
2 hours ago, oatbake said:

I imagine falling prices will sort out the problems with yields... Although I reckon that won't be good news for them either!

I liked this gem of a comment also "Not only that, void periods are starting to increase".

Makes a change from the usual "we told you so" posts about rents being forecast to rise (usually  of the back of some report by an organisation with a blatant vested interest in selling houses / mortgages). 

'axe the tennant tax' always sounded shrill and self-regarding - however given my experience of previous VI successes in govt support I would not have been surprised if they had seen success.

HOLA4410
2 hours ago, Gemma Rose said:

Nice find! Delicious bear feast there...

No more buy-to-let Britain: UK tumbles down Europe's top places for property investing as crackdown bites

• UK drops ten places in the best locations in Europe to invest in property
  • High house prices already meant it was only in 15th place, now it is 25th
  • Best place to invest in property for yields is Ireland, followed by Malta :ph34r::P

"British landlords have seen average yields plummet 19 per cent over the past year following an onslaught of tax changes, leaving the UK crashing 10 places in Europe's buy-to-let ranks."

"It follows 18 months of relentless change for British landlords who have had to absorb a 3 per cent stamp duty surcharge on all new property purchases since April last year and began to see their tax relief on buy-to-let mortgage interest cut back this April.

Mortgage lenders have simultaneously cracked down, demanding more rent to cover buy-to-let mortgage payments at the start of this year while landlords with four or more properties will find it tougher to get finance from the start of next month. "

:D

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, kev-all-in said:

Nice find! Delicious bear feast there...

No more buy-to-let Britain: UK tumbles down Europe's top places for property investing as crackdown bites

• UK drops ten places in the best locations in Europe to invest in property
  • High house prices already meant it was only in 15th place, now it is 25th
  • Best place to invest in property for yields is Ireland, followed by Malta :ph34r::P

"British landlords have seen average yields plummet 19 per cent over the past year following an onslaught of tax changes, leaving the UK crashing 10 places in Europe's buy-to-let ranks."

"It follows 18 months of relentless change for British landlords who have had to absorb a 3 per cent stamp duty surcharge on all new property purchases since April last year and began to see their tax relief on buy-to-let mortgage interest cut back this April.

Mortgage lenders have simultaneously cracked down, demanding more rent to cover buy-to-let mortgage payments at the start of this year while landlords with four or more properties will find it tougher to get finance from the start of next month. "

:D

I am surprised Spain is so high, the chances of voids there must be quite high due to oversupply*.  To be honest I would ignore anything that did not include voids and tax (saying that I am not planning to BTL).

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
32 minutes ago, kev-all-in said:

Also in that article...

"Sweden takes last place for the third time due to its tightly controlled rental market."

anyone know how Sweden are managing this so successfully? I.e. What controls do they have in place and how do they work?

thanks.

As I understand it, Sweden has rent controls; and long queues for private rentals...

HOLA4414

Yet another example of messed up this situation is....This probably (actually, definitely) deserves it's own post, but covers so many of the injustices that we're always on about here, this could belong to the brexit post, the london post, every effin post!

But this is the definition of BTL "SCUM", hope the c**t gets hit by a London bus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41334906

HOLA4415
3 hours ago, deadlyavenger said:

Yet another example of messed up this situation is....This probably (actually, definitely) deserves it's own post, but covers so many of the injustices that we're always on about here, this could belong to the brexit post, the london post, every effin post!

But this is the definition of BTL "SCUM", hope the c**t gets hit by a London bus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41334906

It currently has two or three threads.

HOLA4416
11 hours ago, deadlyavenger said:

I think it's bang out of order to criticise the plucky entrepreneur just for finding a great new way to jack up the rents (innit). 

Seems to me that once again people who are unable to take care of their own affairs are succumbing to the politics of envy.

Is this the future we want for our country? A pedestrian lack of ambition, pulling down the strivers to the level of the skivers. I say that we ought to applaud this innovator and strive to fit in forty, fifty, three score and ten or a nice round hundred into a buy-to-let.

And why the extravagance of multiple bedrooms, kitchens and corridors? Wake me up when someone with The Right Stuff has got three hundred people living in a studio flat.

What we have right here is a good start, but nothing to get excited about.

HOLA4417
3 minutes ago, Beary McBearface said:

I think it's bang out of order to criticise the plucky entrepreneur just for finding a great new way to jack up the rents (innit). 

Seems to me that once again people who are unable to take care of their own affairs are succumbing to the politics of envy.

Is this the future we want for our country? A pedestrian lack of ambition, pulling down the strivers to the level of the skivers. I say that we ought to applaud this innovator and strive to fit in forty, fifty, three score and ten or a nice round hundred into a buy-to-let.

And why the extravagance of multiple bedrooms, kitchens and corridors? Wake me up when someone with The Right Stuff has got three hundred people living in a studio flat.

What we have right here is a good start, but nothing to get excited about.

Close.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4907264/Landlords-35-men-live-squalor-DOCTORS.html

See other thread - Why are so many BTLers Drs.

Indians too. Double surprise!

HOLA4418
4 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Close.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4907264/Landlords-35-men-live-squalor-DOCTORS.html

See other thread - Why are so many BTLers Drs.

Indians too. Double surprise!

Hang on. It looks like we may have a rent-to-rent innovator.

Also I'm not seeing any evidence of a mortgage or a portfolio. The landlords haven't done anything yet to earn our respect. Let's see some leverage and twenty crappy flats before we start handing out the plaudits.

However, if the landlords' story about a tenant getting busy bringing in other tenants is to be believed then I'm less impressed. Sure, the rent-to-rent guys understand pwoperdee and know how to jack up the rents, but where's the leverage? Anyone who thinks they are in The Game but doesn't have a couple of million of interest-only mortgages is just kidding themselves. Proper entrepreneurs are drowning in leverage.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
8 minutes ago, Beary McBearface said:

Hang on. It looks like we may have a rent-to-rent innovator.

Also I'm not seeing any evidence of a mortgage or a portfolio. The landlords haven't done anything yet to earn our respect. Let's see some leverage and twenty crappy flats before we start handing out the plaudits.

However, if the landlords' story about a tenant getting busy bringing in other tenants is to be believed then I'm less impressed. Sure, the rent-to-rent guys understand pwoperdee and know how to jack up the rents, but where's the leverage? Anyone who thinks they are in The Game but doesn't have a couple of million of interest-only mortgages is just kidding themselves. Proper entrepreneurs are drowning in leverage.

If you get 10 in a room and few under a tarpaulin in garden ... why bother with a portfolio?

HOLA4423

More utter tedium from Ros Becks latest angle  on Conservative Home. It's so dull I wouldn't even bother clicking the link. A few of her pals are agreeing in the comments, the rest think it's a load of sh*t. I'm only posting it to highlight where their 'campaign' is at and just how toothless and unremarkable it all is...

Https://m.facebook.com/groups/371572042862286?view=permalink&id=1682288678457276&ref=content_filter

HOLA4424
On 19/09/2017 at 12:51 PM, oatbake said:

Piece from Daniel Farey-Jones on those rent rises ?

https://medium.com/@danfareyjones/the-btl-crackdown-is-restraining-rents-1cbe7bfaaad

HOLA4425
3 hours ago, Spirit said:

Piece from Daniel Farey-Jones on those rent rises ?

https://medium.com/@danfareyjones/the-btl-crackdown-is-restraining-rents-1cbe7bfaaad

Charts of rent falls do not show the biggy, which is left unrecorded - voids.

Rents are falling as places are sat, unlet, for a substantial time.

Getting ~£50/m less is less important then the loss of ~£900/m rent payments for 2 to 3 months.

Voids kill (leveraged) LLs way before falling rents do.

Joe IOBTL will be repo is he misses 2 months BTL payments.