House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Closing Yes Car Credit And Itv News

Was not that long ago that we were reading stories of a 1000 jobs to be created here, 500 new jobs there. Now it is all about job losses. Things are deffinately on the turn.

Thinking about it, I can't remember the last time I watched ITV... Having said that I don't tend to watch much telly these days anyway, but it makes me wonder.

As for Yes, glad to see the back of their shite ads and their fake claims (what was the AA one? all the cars are AA approved or something? or was it RAC? anyway, it was all very suspect and not quite accurate).

Was not that long ago that we were reading stories of a 1000 jobs to be created here, 500 new jobs there. Now it is all about job losses. Things are deffinately on the turn.

This has nothing to do with the economy. Yes Car Credit have been ripping people off. Now we have all got wise to this, no one touches them with a barge pole. Just like that rich lord who used to Sell "Cheap Crap" who went bust in six months after a stupid comment.

Go to www.saynotoyes.co.uk to see how bad they were.

Stories appearing on bbc now

LATEST: Yes Car Credit is to close with the loss of about 820 jobs. More soon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4527932.stm

ITV's News Channel to close down

Any ones else noticed that the two are related..... What adverts did you constantly see on the ITV News Channel (and all the other minority sat/cable services), yep endless companies offering credit to people who can't get it elsewhere. One of the big boys goes pop and they lose a load of revenue and have to close the TV channel down. ;)

it wasnt watchdog that finnished them.

its was a nasty business model and even poorer customer service that did it.

they deserved to go under, though i would not be suprised if that was their longterm plan anyway.

this group will turn back up very shortly under a new trading name, but with identical concept.

im glad to see them go.

its was a nasty business model and even poorer customer service that did it.

they deserved to go under, though i would not be suprised if that was their longterm plan anyway.

What about the people who recently took out a car loan with them? Do they have to pay it back?

What about the people who recently took out a car loan with them? Do they have to pay it back?

the group were simply credit brokers acting as car sales.

the loans are with mainline lending companies. they have to be paid as normal.

ITV, IMPO, is in a mess and has been ever since Thatcher screwed things up with the licence bidding back in the late 80s, early 90s. ITN is predominantly owned by ITV.

I also think that traditional broadcasters are both in denial, and have no idea how to compete with, the likes of the Internet, Gaming online and, sooner than you think, IPTV. Frankly, unless there is something radical done at the UK broadcasters then they are just on a downwards slope. The Beeb is effectively in the same boat but is propped up by the tax we all have to pay for it.

ITV, IMPO, is in a mess and has been ever since Thatcher screwed things up with the licence bidding back in the late 80s, early 90s. ITN is predominantly owned by ITV.

ITN went down the pan when they had to bid against BSkyB as the news provider for Channel 3 back around 2002, their budget went way down in real terms, then they were swallowed up by ITV itself.

Maybe better marketting would have helped? "ITV News, the entertainment channel"