House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Wet Shaving - Not Had This Discussion For A While

This was triggered by being told I am unusual in that I wet shave whereas most people use an electric shaver.

I didn't think this was the case so a quick poll is in order.

I use shaving soap and have stepped up to a badger brush, which is much better, and I am beginning to think of switching to a safety razor rather than disposables. So any anecdotes welcome.

Also my experience of electric razors, when I was much younger, was that they were pricey because the blades blunted so I ended up tearing at my face before having to chuck them away and buy new. Can you readily replace the blades these days?

And of course there aren't enough options on the poll, never mind. I also know there's a long thread from way back but time for a new one.

I wondered why my beard reaches the floor? I believe it could be due to "not shaving!

Shaving Foam Frank...'tis missing!

I used to use a badger and dish soap bit for me, I think they actually caused irritation. A little less luxurious bit now use bog standard foam

It's there if you look closely ;)

I wondered why my beard reaches the floor? I believe it could be due to "not shaving!

That's what the Gandalf option is for!

My top tip would be to get a mirror in the shower (not full length - I could do without that sort of depressing vision first thing in the morning!) and shave in there. The steam and general humidity seems to make the shave that bit closer and more comfortable.

So sorry Frank...I'm very unobservant! ;)

I dug the nose hair trimmers out for the first time in ages today...even considering having a go at the ears and eyebrows soon :unsure:

P

Your age?:blink:

Who put curry on the dog?

In the shower, with a little gel using knock off sensor excel type disposable heads. I usually shave every other day.

I always shave in the shower, no shaving foam/cream/soap. Just let the steam open the pores and soften up the beard.

Agree with this, but still do this over the sink. Just use wet face cloth thingy to open up pores. Providing the water is hot enough and the razor is sharp, then no gel/cream/soap is needed.

I use disposables, and I only ever use them once!

Crawling around on the floor again Mr Pin? Get up you drunk! I

Damn you Hobbits! I shall put fireworks up my ar8e, just to show you how wise I am!

Wilkinson Sword Protector 3, one blade lasts at least 6 months, buff it up by running it backwards on my arm. Only use ordinary soap and never use a mirror. Rental doesn't have a shower only has a bath and the mirror is always fogged up from the steam from the bath!

Wilkinson Sword Protector 3, one blade lasts at least 6 months, buff it up by running it backwards on my arm. Only use ordinary soap and never use a mirror. Rental doesn't have a shower only has a bath and the mirror is always fogged up from the steam from the bath!

That's a question.

Gilellte, I think, was doing a ball cacner promotion.

Check your balls about the same time you replace your razor, every week!

Week!!!! Weeek!!!!! I can keep a Mach4 blade going for almost 1 year - til it starts plucking rather than shaving.

I shave about 4-5 times a week.

I have flirted around those German heavy duty shavers with those safety razor.

I did think about a cut throat but I dont have a mirror - I just do a good run round.

That's a question.

Gilellte, I think, was doing a ball cacner promotion.

Check your balls about the same time you replace your razor, every week!

Week!!!! Weeek!!!!! I can keep a Mach4 blade going for almost 1 year - til it starts plucking rather than shaving.

I shave about 4-5 times a week.

I have flirted around those German heavy duty shavers with those safety razor.

I did think about a cut throat but I dont have a mirror - I just do a good run round.

It probably is more like a year ! But when I was about to type that I thought it would sound too unrealististic ! So I said "at least 6 months".

Shave every weekday but only at weekends if I need to look 'clean shaven'.

I use a shaving creame. After shower Wet the brush, dab in creame, whip up a creame to lather in bowl, apply to face with brush. Leave on for 2mins and reapply. Then a pass with fusion proglide, reapply creame and next pass.

I found significant improvement by leaving lather on. With cheap lathers they are not stable and if you leave them they on they dry out and turn to confetti like stuff.

I use a shaving creame. After shower Wet the brush, dab in creame, whip up a creame to lather in bowl, apply to face with brush. Leave on for 2mins and reapply. Then a pass with fusion proglide, reapply creame and next pass.

I found significant improvement by leaving lather on. With cheap lathers they are not stable and if you leave them they on they dry out and turn to confetti like stuff.

I could have boiled an egg in that time !