House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Wwiii Looming With Fanatical Islam?

Terror hits the high seas: Egyptian navy vessel erupts in fireball as ISIS carries out its first rocket strike on patrol ship in the Med
article-3163910-2A96698C00000578-316_964

The Egyptian military said the patrol ship burst into flames (centre and top and bottom left) after the coastguard vessel exchanged shots with ISIS militants just two miles off the coast of northern Sinai, an area bordering Israel and the Gaza Strip. There were no fatalities among the vessel's crew in the shootout with the terrorists, although several were treated for injuries caused by the flames and smoke (top and bottom right). ISIS declared their presence on Sinai - a peninsula popular with British holidaymakers - last November when up to 2,000 members of the already established jihadi group Ansar Bait al-Maqdis swore allegiance to ISIS' leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

North Africa and the Middle East seem to be descending into a complete war zone, how long will the Med remain safe for travel? The Jihad genie appears well and truly out of the bottle.

Is a mass war with radical Islam a certainty? The radical Islamists certainly want that, but wars are hugely expensive and need financing by someone.

Terror hits the high seas: Egyptian navy vessel erupts in fireball as ISIS carries out its first rocket strike on patrol ship in the Med

article-3163910-2A96698C00000578-316_964

North Africa and the Middle East seem to be descending into a complete war zone, how long will the Med remain safe for travel? The Jihad genie appears well and truly out of the bottle.

Is a mass war with radical Islam a certainty? The radical Islamists certainly want that, but wars are hugely expensive and need financing by someone.

lots of weird stuff going on down there.

russia signs nuclear deal with saudi's??? wtf??...prince bandar was basically threatening them with chechen sleeper cells a couple of months back

the saudis for sure don't want iran being regional hegemon,but i think they are trying to play off the rest of us by proxy.

don't think that is going to work out too well for them in the end,russia aren't stupid....they will supply arms for their spat with iran but will not wish to take a fully hands on approach unless directly threatened.

they will expect the saudis to do their own dirty work.(after all, in leninist terms,they will be a useful idiot to weaken the west economically by causing a massive oil supply shortage/civil unrest via hardlin islamists terrorism,while russia can continue to pump the stuff out)

putin,being a judo guy.....i think that is his gameplan.

he will use proxy forces to weaken the west,and corner them into using some internationally,diplomatically difficult military solution,...for which he and a few others will raise up a chorus of international outrage/trade embargoes/sanctions when said military solution by the west is deployed.

I've said a few times before on here, direct confrontation for russia would not be a good idea,because they have a very aggressive expansionsit EU and a resource-hungry industrial juggernaught in china that would both savage them if russia commits any significant manpower into the region and loses them.

the EU are trying to bait russia into the region with US/UK for precisely that reason...using the us/uk as their proxy for mutual obliteration.

tense stand off cold war 2.0 between the anglo-saxons and russia,with a sunni/shia 30 years war scenario confined to the Middle east is the best solution for all of us...if you can call it best, it's still going to lead to the loss of millions of lives(like the arabic version of 1/3 of the entire german population did a few hundred years ago)

it's the lesser of two evils,but still evil.

Who do you actually fight? There are no actual armies just a bunch of criminals and Youtube wannabes running around with guns and knives. Put a big land army on the ground and they will throw away their guns and knives and melt away.

Who do you actually fight? There are no actual armies just a bunch of criminals and Youtube wannabes running around with guns and knives. Put a big land army on the ground and they will throw away their guns and knives and melt away.

It's a bit difficult. How do you fight nutters

that depends.

belief in something is a huge motivator.

usa during the war of independence were hopelessly outgunned by us, but they had a belief that their country should not become serfs to an overbearing monarch...and they fought with that belief....and they won.

isreal versus the 6 arab countries during 1967/73...had the same sort of belief, after the holocaust,that they were not going to be obliterated and pushed into the sea by a force of more than 10 times their number..they fought with belief..and they won.

it's my opinion that technology and high tech weaponry is no match for a worthwhile cause(when I say worthwhile I mean in a defensive sense,rather than just wipe people out)

god seems to step in and stop those in danger of being genuinely overrun or wiped out

Funnily enough that applies to us too...vis a vis nazism...we were in serious peril of not only being invaded, but some of the celtic nations aiming for what they saw as retribution by teaming up with the nazis.......they thought they had won..if you saw the IRA letter to churchill, and they came bloody close....but divine intervention stepped in and saved us.

that depends.

usa during the war of independence were hopelessly outgunned by us, but they had a belief that their country should not become serfs to an overbearing monarch...and they fought with that belief....and they won.

isreal versus the 6 arab countries during 1967/73...had the same sort of belief, after the holocaust,that they were not going to be obliterated and pushed into the sea by a force of more than 10 times their number..they fought with belief..and they won.

it's my opinion that technology and high tech weaponry is no match for a worthwhile cause(when I say worthwhile I mean in a defensive sense,rather than just wipe people out)

god seems to step in and stop those in danger of being genuinely overrun or wiped out

Funnily enough that applies to us too...vis a vis nazism...we were in serious peril of not only being invaded, but some of the celtic nations aiming for what they saw as retribution by teaming up with the nazis.......they thought they had won..if you saw the IRA letter to churchill, and they came bloody close....but divine intervention stepped in and saved us.

As an atheist, I have trouble with the "divine intervention" scenario. Can't we just call it "fate"?

Don't worry, the thousands of wanted UK criminals living down on the Costas are heavily armed and ready to go on the cobbles with ISIS..

Yes, as are the oligarchs' bodyguards. You can see the bulges in their jackets in the bars. Fortunately, where I go is a bit away from the tourist traps. :blink:

It's a bit difficult. How do you fight nutters

with crackers

that depends.

except, of course, the celts, the aztecs, the many native american and aboriginal tribes that are now dust, the cathars, the armenians, carthage.....

shall i go on?

the universe does NOT step in and save people or things. If you think that way, you are madder than an ISIS member with an attraction to camels.

The march of Isis is nothing like WWII.

How long will WWIII last if the opposition are chucking stones and we are throwing nuclear tipped drones at them..... about 5 mins (roughly).

They can't make the weapons of war, and so, if we withhold them then they can't fight. They are a tool to be used, by whom and for what purpose I don't know. It's obviously come to a point where trying to keep a lid on the islamic world isn't/can't work so they have to find out for themselves what happens if you support/enable such things. It probably feels like WWiii to the innocent people over there, but it's what they want to believe in, well let them get on with it.

I used to beat my dog with a stick to make him a vicious b'stard. Then it bit me! I blame the people next door who kept telling me what would happen. So I sent it next door. That will teach them!

Looming ? It begun years ago. Just because its not a 'conventional' world war doesn't mean its not happening.

Israel, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen and the Lebanon more or less at 'conventional' war. Along with numerous countries around the world under terrorist attack or constant threat of it ?

If that isn't a World war I don't know what is.

wasnt it only for a few days last year that Britain wasnt actually involved in a war, which it had continuously for the previous 100 years?

ISIS have zero chance of holding onto power were any of the superpowers to decide to intervene in a serious way. One can only speculate why they are not doing so - but previous screw ups in the region probably pay a substantial part.

ISIS have zero chance of holding onto power were any of the superpowers to decide to intervene in a serious way. One can only speculate why they are not doing so - but previous screw ups in the region probably pay a substantial part.

The Speculation part is fun though!

So here goes...

We know the Iran Iraq War was a wonderful thing from a Western Strategic pov, we sold Iraq weapons they sold us their oil and they kept on killing each other. A win win from Western governments stand point whether you like it or not.

Now we have a group who appear to be running amuck while talking large areas of the ME while not really, as yet, threatening oil suppies in any meaningful way. They are drawing in every Islamic crazy like bees to honey, while killing each other as we, more or less, stand by as they party.

One wonders whether and if you believe in conspiracy, that this is being set up again for a more meaningful intevention if or when, another more serious ISIS attack happens?

No need to speculate..

West Will Facilitate Rise of Islamic State “in Order to Isolate the Syrian Regime”
"THE WEST, GULF COUNTRIES, AND TURKEY [WHO] SUPPORT THE [sYRIAN] OPPOSITION… THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF ESTABLISHING A DECLARED OR UNDECLARED SALAFIST PRINCIPALITY IN EASTERN SYRIA (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SUPPORTING POWERS TO THE OPPOSITION WANT, IN ORDER TO ISOLATE THE SYRIAN REGIME…”.
The DIA report, formerly classified “SECRET//NOFORN” and dated August 12, 2012, was circulated widely among various government agencies, including CENTCOM, the CIA, FBI, DHS, NGA, State Dept., and many others.

Very funny hearing C4 news yesterday asking why UK intelligence doesnt know where ISIS are getting their high tech western military equipment from

Germany’s international broadcaster Deutsche Welle (DW) published the first video report from a major Western media outlet illustrating that ISIS is supplied not by “black market oil” or “hostage ransoms” but billions of dollars worth of supplies carried into Syria across NATO member Turkey’s borders via hundreds of trucks a day.
The report titled, “‘IS’ supply channels through Turkey,” confirms what has been reported by geopolitical analysts since at least as early as 2011 – that ISIS subsides on immense, multi-national state sponsorship, including, obviously, Turkey itself.

No need to speculate..

West Will Facilitate Rise of Islamic State “in Order to Isolate the Syrian Regime”
"THE WEST, GULF COUNTRIES, AND TURKEY [WHO] SUPPORT THE [sYRIAN] OPPOSITION… THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF ESTABLISHING A DECLARED OR UNDECLARED SALAFIST PRINCIPALITY IN EASTERN SYRIA (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SUPPORTING POWERS TO THE OPPOSITION WANT, IN ORDER TO ISOLATE THE SYRIAN REGIME…”.
The DIA report, formerly classified “SECRET//NOFORN” and dated August 12, 2012, was circulated widely among various government agencies, including CENTCOM, the CIA, FBI, DHS, NGA, State Dept., and many others.

"My enemies enemy is my friend"

Sounds like the west taking a leaf out of the arab handbook on realpolitik