House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNACR

Kids Stuff Wot U Like

I was going to make it about kids' TV and film you like watching ie not some kids' programme where the perky young female presenter gives you impure thoughts but something you might sit down and still watch with a beer at night.

Thinking about it I've decided to expand it beyond TV and films to anything.

I like Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Iced Gems - which thanks to self-service checkouts are now easier to discreetly procure.

So anyone going to admit to tucking into a massive bag of Jelly Tots every night after work?

I'd recommend "The Golden Compass" as a film. Loveley done and some good actors in it. Also, slightly older "The Witches", and "The Railway Children" is one of my favourites to be watched many times.

Unlike some of my other DVDs which should not be shown to children.

Soft play centres.

You pretend you hate chasing your kids round them but really you love it, they are so much fun. Great exercise and there's one near Trafford centre with a massive slide.

Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Adventure Time is excellent.

The Regular Show too.

Aaaah... Beaten to it. I'm more of a regular show guy than adventure time. I think it might be one of my favourite shows of any genre.

Old as well but The Tripods - shame they didn't make series 3.

Newer and shamelessly, Minions!

Dairylea triangles. A very occasional treat when I was a kid, only ever had them when we went for tea to a granny's house. I will still buy them now and then and eat the whole lot, usually with no bread.

Cadbury's chocolate fingers for similar reasons - birthday parties only. But I only buy them about once a year, for the sake of my waistline and Mr B's.

Another thing I saw in an old fashioned sweetshop recently - flying saucers! I was treating some very young relatives, but did indulge myself with a few of those, too.

Soft play centres.

You pretend you hate chasing your kids round them but really you love it, they are so much fun. Great exercise and there's one near Trafford centre with a massive slide.

Weeeeeeeeeeee!

You beat me to it.

I regularly go cycling and can be heard screaming "Weeeeeeeeeeeee!" as I go down hill or, as happened yesterday, a combination of a gust of wind and a wet pavement caused a wheel slip that I luckily got away with. It is tremendous fun. Makes me feel alive and young.

Being "innocent"

Curiosity, asking 'why'

Running around a beach or swimming naked - although now its a secluded cove !

Picking up an insect or spider and watching it run around my hand

Junket, vanilla with clotted cream

Being "innocent"

Curiosity, asking 'why'

Running around a beach or swimming naked - although now its a secluded cove !

Picking up an insect or spider and watching it run around my hand

Junket, vanilla with clotted cream

One of the best bits of helping out with the local cub scouts, is chucking down a couple of jumpers and having an impromptu completely disorganised game of football, or joining in a game of tag while waiting for the meeting to begin.

Not sure if it's 'kid's stuff', but I get a big kick out of hiding from the dog in the long grass that grows around the house.... Although that could be because we just collected a spaniel puppy a fortnight ago, and the shine hasn't worn off!

In fact, just puppies in general. I'm insanely happy that, at the age of 56, I've just got my first dog :D

Summer holidays lying around in the garden all day reading book after book from the Library.

Cycling 23 miles to the seaside for a day.

Close friends that remain friends who understand you as well as you understand yourself - you never make them as an adult. Mine is like a separated, once-conjoined twin, even though she lives in Australia now.

Guest eight

One of the best bits of helping out with the local cub scouts, is chucking down a couple of jumpers and having an impromptu completely disorganised game of football, or joining in a game of tag while waiting for the meeting to begin.

I always spoil them by getting a bit "competitive".

Apparently double footed, off the ground tackles on six year olds aren't really the done thing.

Not sure if it's 'kid's stuff', but I get a big kick out of hiding from the dog in the long grass that grows around the house.... Although that could be because we just collected a spaniel puppy a fortnight ago, and the shine hasn't worn off!

In fact, just puppies in general. I'm insanely happy that, at the age of 56, I've just got my first dog :D

I'm happy for you. ?

Beware. One of my dogs died last week because an idiot courier left the garden gate wide open. I'd specified delivery to neighbour if not in.

He had a heart condition and wasn't allowed to run. Died of a heart attack.

You fall in love with them, then they break your heart. We're getting another soon to keep our remaining greyhound company. They're best in twos.

I'm happy for you.

Beware. One of my dogs died last week because an idiot courier left the garden gate wide open. I'd specified delivery to neighbour if not in.

You fall in love with them, then they break your heart. We're getting another soon to keep our remaining greyhound company. They're best in twos.

Must have been terrible, losing him so needlessly.

Hopefully Schulz (he looks like Snoopy!) will see me through to 70, so likely he'll be our one and only dog. I'm considering a sidecar for the Blackbird, and kitting him out with a biggles hat and goggles...

hqdefault.jpg

We're building a kennel and run for him, and the driveway is completely fenced off from the garden. We don't go abroad much now, so we're fairly experienced dog-sitters. He won't be short of company!

See, kids stuff wot I like!

Watching the Disney version of Robin Hood with my little one, and surprised to find it was as good as I remembered. He was more interested in pulling the leads out of the laptop, but I was chuckling away.

Great characters and voices (Phil Harris, Pat Buttram and Peter Ustinov in particular) and humerous in a way that I don't think modern cartoons are (but I can't quite put my finger on what's different).

I'm happy for you.

I never liked dogs when I was small! They usually are kind really. They are sociable animals

Must have been terrible, losing him so needlessly.

Hopefully Schulz (he looks like Snoopy!) will see me through to 70, so likely he'll be our one and only dog. I'm considering a sidecar for the Blackbird, and kitting him out with a biggles hat and goggles...

hqdefault.jpg

We're building a kennel and run for him, and the driveway is completely fenced off from the garden. We don't go abroad much now, so we're fairly experienced dog-sitters. He won't be short of company!

See, kids stuff wot I like!

Only complete wonkers would put a sidecar on a Blackckbird! Sit him on the back and a get a dog size helmet!