House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

Yasmin Alibhai Brown

I have seen this burd a few times on TV before - and she sounded a bit irritating and stupid.

However I stumbled across this piece today by chance. My goodness - what planet is she on ?

The comments are pretty interesting. Nearly everyone outing her for talking nonsense.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/editorpicks/white-people-may-deny-it-but-racism-is-back-in-britain/ar-AAcSTkC?ocid=mailsignoutmd

"Men write in to tell me black and Asian women are hot and sexy: that is horribly racist, and also sexist"

You can see where this is going.

Guest eight

Just pure unadulterated shite I'm afraid, given only the slightest credibility because some idiot has given the writer a platform to spew it from. Not even internally consistent. Still, I'm commenting on it, so it must have got the desired reaction.

Britain is probably the least racist country in the World. Examples of genuine racism are staggeringly rare at all levels of society.

She has a point regarding complaints of a lack of social integration. The statement is, at it's core, derived from a racist attitude.

To complain that the Muslim community does not integrate with UK society, is to place all UK Muslim's into a single, insular and defensive, group.

Of course, with the notable exception of Frankie Boyle, she proceeds to commit the sin she protests!

She has a point regarding complaints of a lack of social integration. The statement is, at it's core, derived from a racist attitude.

To complain that the Muslim community does not integrate with UK society, is to place all UK Muslim's into a single, insular and defensive, group.

Of course, with the notable exception of Frankie Boyle, she proceeds to commit the sin she protests!

Lack of social integration can have a number of causes....race being probably one that comes later after the other reasons have set a community apart.

Yet mentioning that in connection with racism is surely doing the same thing (since you can be a Muslim and any race).

Guest eight

Well, Islam is not a race so that's that argument out of the window. But, even having said that, I think one would struggle to find even a single example of a British based Muslim facing any impediment to the practise of their faith.

Lack of social integration can have a number of causes....race being probably one that comes later after the other reasons have set a community apart.

Indeed. It could be argued that we have had a financial form of 'racism' in this country since feudal times.

My point was that the statement itself has racist overtones that are ignored. To casually make the comment that Muslims do not integrate is to attribute this behaviour to all Muslims. The very definition of racism.

Brown, stupidly, then goes on to make similar racist comments regarding the attitude of "white people".

Where

Yet mentioning that in connection with racism is surely doing the same thing (since you can be a Muslim and any race).

Very true, a clumsy use of language, but I'm sure you get my point.

The term 'racist' no longer relates to race, I think we all know that.

Well, Islam is not a race so that's that argument out of the window. But, even having said that, I think one would struggle to find even a single example of a British based Muslim facing any impediment to the practise of their faith.

See above re. your first point.

Re. second sentence, I would struggle to, but you're arguing a different point.

Indeed. It could be argued that we have had a financial form of 'racism' in this country since feudal times.

My point was that the statement itself has racist overtones that are ignored. To casually make the comment that Muslims do not integrate is to attribute this behaviour to all Muslims. The very definition of racism.

Brown, stupidly, then goes on to make similar racist comments regarding the attitude of "white people".

Where

Thats right, Nail on Head....only the oppressor can be the "ist"....this is a common theme coming up in our universities from "progressive" thought. To make it work at all requires a mind control of Orwellian proportions and guilt piled on people who want equality rather than favouritism.

For example, a black person cannot be racist because he is the victim of racist oppression by the ruling majority, in most cases white males. there are more white males in government, ergo, blacks and females are oppressed. The logic is really flawed.

I think this particuar lady has made a very good living out of the feminist/racial 'industry' in the media. I used to find her very annoying as, when I worked in the media, there was a definite benefit careerwise IMPO in being a woman or being from a non-white ethnic minority.

However, I have admired her courage in recent years for speaking out against the threat to the UK way of life from radical Islam. She seems to be the only 'celebrity' media feminist who actually see the dangers or, at least, the only one who dares to speak up. Well done her.

Very true, a clumsy use of language, but I'm sure you get my point.

The term 'racist' no longer relates to race, I think we all know that.

I see your point. The second bit though, "the term 'racist' no longer relates to race" is probably true but a dangerous shift if so. Race is just what you happen to be born to, religion and society are something that an individual chooses (admittedly subject to a lot from society and upbringing). That makes them two very important things.

On your other point about labelling all of a group the same, yes, it's not good but sometimes it's impractical to do anything else when you're dealing at a non-social level instead of with individuals. With any group there are always exceptions. It's an area that needs treading carefully but refusing to look at common trends within a society isn't really more useful than treating them as entirely homogenous.

...The logic is really flawed.

Too often the "logic" is backwards and stems from not knowing where to stop, treating an idea as dogma and working from there. For example hurting people is bad, therefore cutting someone with a knife is bad, therefore surgeons are bad. Admittedly I've not seen anyone apply that particular argument towards surgeons but I've seen the same "logic" applied elsewhere - something is wrong, end of, therefore anything that leads to it is, as a substitute for actually thinking about the specifics.

"Black men and women cannot get into trendy clubs. Colour matters more than talent in almost every profession. "

She must have been laughing when she typed that in - she must have....

Guest eight

"Black men and women cannot get into trendy clubs. Colour matters more than talent in almost every profession. "

She must have been laughing when she typed that in - she must have....

See, this is the point where a Lewis Hamilton or someone should openly call her out. But then, why should they? Being professionally black isn't their "job". Whereas being a professional shit stirrer is clearly hers.

Is it possible that black, brown, whatever colour except white people are now actually finding it hard to get work in the likes of the BBC as such organisation have gone over to a pro-Islamic agenda and hence are hiring, both staff and freelancers, more muslims than, say, people of colour who are non-muslim?

That would be indeed interesting :-)

The posters in the article refer more to Islamophobia than anything else. And that is 'religionist' rather than racist in the usual sense. You don't see posters decrying Hinduphobia, or Sikhphobia, or Buddhistphobia. And why is that, I wonder?

I do think a lot of people are becoming more ISlamophobic, and no wonder.

As for Yasmin A-B, there was a completely different article about her in one of the weekend papers. She acts as an agony aunt to Muslim women and girls, including both Asian and African. Some of the stories were horrendous. One mother said she was being forced to put her 6 year old daughter in a hijab. 'Where does it say in the Koran that we must do this? If I refuse they beat me.'

Far worse was the 15 year old girl who had suffered FGM and was terrified of being married. 'how will a man get in there? There is no space!' Her mother had told her that on her own wedding night her husband had used a knife.

Yasmin A-B said that often the girls or women gave no address so there was nothing she could do, but even if they had the victims were usually too terrified of retribution to report anything. They mostly do not even dare to run away, because the family will have them hunted down and killed.

It was a most dreadful read. .

See, this is the point where a Lewis Hamilton or someone should openly call her out.

Funny you mention Lewis. He was banned from the Royal Box at the Wimbledon Final.

Guest eight

Funny you mention Lewis. He was banned from the Royal Box at the Wimbledon Final.

At least he was invited, which is more than I was.

Well, other than from Sunni Muslims:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2662726/Radical-Sunni-Islamists-face-jail-attack-group-Shiites-case-Muslim-sectarian-violence-Britain.html

I was talking to a Shia. Apparently its very very bad in the UK at the moment.

The Sunni's have trying to shutdown non Sunni muslim activity - mosque, business, meeting. Anyhting.

"Men write in to tell me black and Asian women are hot and sexy: that is horribly racist, and also sexist"

You can see where this is going.

Dianne Abbot?

Like Abbott, another moron PC-industry opportunist. That clueless old bags like these are never off the telly says much about Modern Britain.

She exposes herself in the following clip and Delingpole nails her perfectly:

Yeah, saw that clip at the time, good to see him telling them off, but the "punch in the throat" joke was a bit silly lets be honest. Saw YAB on the Wright Stuff recently wringing her hands and close to weeping about the benefit cuts, very silly woman. The scariest thing is that she actually influences anyone`s thinking?

... but the "punch in the throat" joke was a bit silly lets be honest.....

TBF, he said he wouldn't appear with YAB because he might end up punching her, he didn't say he wanted to do such a thing, all he really said was he wasn't going to appear with her.

Some good points from JD in there; YAB is a professional troll with a hide like a rhino who then reacts like Missy Wallflower whenever it suits her.