House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest eight

Earphones

Guest eight

How in the blue ****** are these sort of things supposed to stay in your ears?

energy_sistem_energy_urban_300_electric_

I can just about see how the friction might hold them in place, IF you happen to have tight virgin ears. But with my windsock ears, reamed open by years of using the traditional style - which, incidentally, now seem to be as rare as hen's teeth - no chance.

The last thing I want to do is go all Reidquat - but whose stupid idea of progress was this?

I can just about see how the friction might hold them in place, IF you happen to have tight virgin ears. But with my windsock ears, reamed open by years of using the traditional style - which, incidentally, now seem to be as rare as hen's teeth - no chance.

The last thing I want to do is go all Reidquat - but whose stupid idea of progress was this?

Try looping the wire over your ears rather than hanging straight down.

:P

I've nothing against improvements that make life better, just crappy changes that get called "progress."

We got some really rubbish earphones handed out at work when it was pointed out that making everyone do online training courses with sound is going to annoy a lot of people in an open plan office. They came with a variety of sizes of rubbery bit to stay in, perhaps those ones do too.

These work, but are a little pricey

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=budloks

I've never had a problem, except for when trying to use them while running - some people just have weird shaped ears, clearly ;)

Isn't the existence of those an admission that the basic design isn't fit for purpose?

Depends on its purpose.

You may think that those earphones are a way of getting music into your head in a small convenient package. Theyre not. Their purpose( along with almost every other modern object) is to keep you in a state on continual disappointment. The only relief from which is, you think, thanks to the advertising industry is to buy more of the same shit. A continual self feeding un-virtuous circle. Welcome to the machine.

What can you do.

Obvious. Gaffer tape. ?

Guest eight

17hbo79gjxwpcjpg.jpg

OK. But how is that preferable to what went before?

I should point out that I wear earphones in bed and often drift off with them still in place. Tying them to my ears doesn't seem like the most sensible solution, under the circumstances.

Why not get big speakers, and stand further away?

You see more people today wearing headphones that cover the year - like back in the 80s and beforehand. Much better all round but some people persist in buying those bud earphones and mobile phone companies persist in including them with phones.

OK. But how is that preferable to what went before?

I should point out that I wear earphones in bed and often drift off with them still in place. Tying them to my ears doesn't seem like the most sensible solution, under the circumstances.

What style "went before" that are not available now? I have massive, really comfortable headphones for home, and ear-bud types for when I go out, so that I can just put them in my pocket when not in use. Get the style(s) most appropriate for your use(s).

Guest eight

What style "went before" that are not available now? I have massive, really comfortable headphones for home, and ear-bud types for when I go out, so that I can just put them in my pocket when not in use. Get the style(s) most appropriate for your use(s).

This type.

apple-style-earphones-for-ipod-and-mp3-m

You should have seen the struggle I had just finding a picture, never mind actually getting hold of some! Have the EU spoken, or something?

I've got a pair of fold-up over-the-ear ones (Sennheiser PX100). Not quite as portable as in-ear ones but they fit in a jacket pocket nicely enough.

Perhaps I should've mentioned mine are the Mk IIs too. I had the originals but broke them; my ear isn't good enough to tell them apart. IIRC the Mk Is had the L and R under the foam cover bit, which was rather a design blunder.

Much better off with "over the head style" headphones of a good brand. Then you can lie and pretend to be a DJ or a pilot. :wacko:

This type is comfortable they lay flat on ear and are comfortable if listening whilst lying down, say listening to music or speak at night, very hard to get hold of though.....

$_35.JPG