House Price Crash Forum

Most of the growth in London was seen within and around the City of London and in prime locations such as Wandsworth and Chelsea.

Excuse my ignorance, but what makes Wandsworth a prime location? Is it nice?

I do despair.

Why? Can you not see that EA's spewing out 'junk' news items like this only makes them look more desperate (especially when every other survey reported prices flat or falling in November)?

In line with many pundits, haart are expecting a bonus bonanza this year as the City's top finance houses reward their big hitters with seven figure payouts.

This has already been debunked on here more than once. Sure, one or two of the top traders will be taking home million-pound+ bonuses, but your average Joe Schmoe Jodrell banker will be lucky to get one at all.

what makes Wandsworth a prime location? Is it nice?

Yes, if by 'nice' you mean 'has insane traffic, non-existent tube links and an abundance of smug middle-class breeders'.

Edited by IPOD

Why? Can you not see that EA's spewing out 'junk' news items like this only makes them look more desperate (especially when every other survey reported prices flat or falling in November)?

This has already been debunked on here more than once. Sure, one or two of the top traders will be taking home million-pound+ bonuses, but your average Joe Schmoe Jodrell banker will be lucky to get one at all.

Sure I can see it for what it is,

Findaproperty a fairly bullish site with their news stories (with the odd bearish one creeping in when there really is no other way to report the facts).

It's just that this website I'm guessing has a high degree of exposure to the great unwashed (I include myself in that) and therefore a fair amount of influence. Hence my despair. But you're right it does seem to be the lone bull in the current bear pit...

Desperation?

No proofs needed for buy-to-let deal

http://www.mortgageintroducer.com/news/new...p?unqueid=15638

Buy-to-let mortgages increased by a massive 16% in November due to Sipp'ers!

http://www.themovechannel.com/News/2005/December/13b.asp

40% now on Interest Only Mortgages - the gamblers!

This is brilliant. How do you extrapolate an average price for all London houses from a single month's historically very low volume?

Also Haarts aren't necessarily known to have an economics or astrology department. How the hell do they think they can predict ANYTHING financially-related 12 months from here and more importantly why would you put credence in the opinion of a house salesman with a couple of HNDs?

This is desperate stuff.