House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Lawn Mower Fixed

The front wheels died, so instead of buying a new lawn mower, two old wheels were used. There's some more life in it yet - the blades get sharpened with a dremel.

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

small3.jpg

Seems like a lot of effort, when it probably just needed a few new capacitors.

It's a bit reminiscent of one of those dogs you see, in the paper, whose back legs have been shattered by a car running them over.

The front wheels died, so instead of buying a new lawn mower, two old wheels where used. There's some more life in it yet - the blades get sharpened with a dremel.

small1.jpg

Is that your lawn before, or after, using it?

Ikea do lawnmowers now?

I don't know?

It's from a magazine where they give you one part every month and you can build it yourself. Only £5.99 spread over 140 magazines. Total cost £838.60 a bargain. I'm on part number 42....

Lol at the comments.

The sacrifices one has to make to live these days. Don't worry I've seen a BMW badge at the car boot, I'll stick it on the front, and paint the wood black, trim the bolts down and it'll look the part.

Edit: Good luck collecting the 140 parts, I bought this mower 3 years ago for £15.

Guest eight

Stick an impeller between the blade and the motor and you wouldn't need any wheels....

Guest eight

Lol at the comments.

The sacrifices one has to make to live these days. Don't worry I've seen a BMW badge at the car boot, I'll stick it on the front, and paint the wood black, trim the bolts down and it'll look the part.

Edit: Good luck collecting the 140 parts, I bought this mower 3 years ago for £15.

When I worked for a well known lawnmower manufacturer we were regularly bugged by a guy whose genius business idea was to make F1 style reskin/rewheel kits for mowers. We used to take it in turns to feign interest.

Guest eight

Even SRN4s had wheels. What do yoiu think those rubber skirts were hiding?

Mmmm rubber skirts.....

I don't know? It's from a magazine where they give you one part every month and you can build it yourself. Only £5.99 spread over 140 magazines. Total cost £838.60 a bargain. I'm on part number 42....

I can see that now. Part number 300 is clearly the inadequately small sachet of PVA glue to hold it all together.

Looks interesting, maybe I'II start it when I've got the full Tree of Knowledge set.

I did used to have dealings with a big magazine partwork outfit and, alarmingly, I can see one of their current titles is a 'build your own 3D printer'. Presumably, then you can, maybe, print a the missing parts from their previously aborted offering 'build your own model HMS Invincible'.

Reminds me that I have to pick up a petrol mower with a broken wheel from my uncle.

The front wheels died, so instead of buying a new lawn mower, two old wheels were used. There's some more life in it yet - the blades get sharpened with a dremel.

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

small3.jpg

how did you break it ?, does not look like it gets used much :lol:

The problem I has is linked but different - a very old push mower (the old victorian type). How the hell does one sharpen those blades?

mt_vernon.jpg

The problem I has is linked but different - a very old push mower (the old victorian type). How the hell does one sharpen those blades?

mt_vernon.jpg

More to the point, how the heck did it hover?

Reminds me that I have to pick up a petrol mower with a broken wheel from my uncle.

Is it a V8? :blink:

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

small3.jpg

Dirty it down a bit, and add some massive exhaust pipes and it could be in the next Mad Max movie.

Seriously though, nice bit of creativity.

mt_vernon.jpg

According to the description "The reel knives........and Self-Sharpening." Those Victorian engineers were really, really clever.

mt_vernon.jpg

Shrink that down and you have Gillette.